The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, RipleyRich said:

I`ve never believed that he was a serious contender to buy Derby. We all know his Business model in terms of buying something cheaply and turning into profit with minimal investment.

The huge pile of sh*t created by MM rules that out, as the cost is just too high for what he would get for the money to fit with his model. Relegation just put the final nail in the coffin IMO as the risk V reward dramatically increased the risk side of things.

Birmingham City championship £34m + £3-5m, say £39m.

Derby County league one latest I've seen £20m + say £20m pp, say £40m.

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So, the most important brakfast in DCFC history since "Sausagegate".

Now, I think CK looks like a proper fry up kinda guy.

Will a lack of high fat offal tubes be the stumbling block to saving our beloved club, or will Mel End (sorry, whoever was first with that, i'm using it from now on) see reason, gently sizzle the bangers on a lowish heat for 20 minutes and do a deal for Pride Park and let us be, or, is he goign to be a Gibson about it?

I'm betting that if CK orders hash-browns, MM walks. 

8 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Incidentally, when did her majesty start writing meme captions describing what was going on? 

I'd not noticed that!  ?

Whilst it pleases me to see so many laughing reactions to my gif, I can't help smiling at all the under 50's seeing it, and wondering WTF is going on, and why have I posted it!  Duck 'em... let 'em Google it!  ?

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'd not noticed that!  ?

Whilst it pleases me to see so many laughing reactions to my gif, I can't help smiling at all the under 50's seeing it, and wondering WTF is going on, and why have I posted it!  Duck 'em... let 'em Google it!  ?

Or read @ilkleyram's post, kindly spelling it out for 'em! 

5 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Wasnt he also buying Sheffield United or something. Strange this rumour emerges this weekend. If he had wanted to he has enough to have just bought us months ago. 

He was probably waiting to weigh up his options at the season's end...

10 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Kirchner should challenge him to a trial by combat. Winner gets Pride Park.

Can we let CK bring CKR and Cashin and Knighty as seconds ? I’d want all those three in a scrap. 

24 minutes ago, derby8 said:

Birmingham City championship £34m + £3-5m, say £39m.

Derby County league one latest I've seen £20m + say £20m pp, say £40m.

Birmingham ground is not worth anything, it needs more than £3m spending on it. . 

Just now, PistoldPete said:

Birmingham ground is not worth anything, it needs more than £3m spending on it. . 

You could be right. The £3-5m is for remedial repairs to get capacity back up to 29,000 from current emergency 19,000, some metal rotting under concrete apparently. Not sure what their longer term options are. As you say could be expensive.

8 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Anyone monitoring the twittersphere for news of the meeting from CK? 

May be better monitoring emergency services twitter feeds! Is anyone staking out usual places - PP, Morley Hayes, etc? And that plane monitoring thing?

Edited by CBRammette
Plane

9 hours ago, Kernow said:

Hopefully that's the case. If we're going purely on CK's communication via Twitter, then this is the first time that they're going to meet. All other negotiations, for the whole process really, has been handled by "his team". Both will have in their mind what they want from this meeting, so hopefully there's a compromise.

The timing of it is just all very strange. I understand CK is only over here for a few days, but you can "meet" pretty easily with technology nowadays. A poster on here (can't remember who) suggested that MM might be waiting for the season to end so there isn't some kind of CK admiration party during the last game, as it would inevitably coincide with hate towards Morris. If we can continue in to next season, our next competitive game is just under 3 months away. That's enough time for the relief of us being saved to pass-by, and Morris can end his involvement with the Club with a big gap before thousands of us are all together again to celebrate it.

Yes i suggested that from the narcissist

1 hour ago, Ewe Ram said:

I’m looking forward to the day Derby fans stop posting foul mouth rants against Mel Morris on Twitter and sitting back soaking up the likes. We all know what he’s done and how we feel about it, but I’m bored as hell of those tweets. 

Exactly. These diatribes against MM are just puerile and getting more and more tedious. Let’s move on.

2 hours ago, Archied said:

he came in proclaiming a love of our club , he came in as one of our own ,we accepted him and sang the songs massaging his ego , if he came in honest and wanting to make money by getting a club/team on the verge of promotion to prem actually into the prem to make money but ducked it all up then fair do s he’s an owner I dislike but he is beyond that for me ,

you want the acceptance and adulation Morris did then it cuts both ways 

Who are you describing there, it could be most owners? Edit: including CK having selfies taken down the local pub! ?

Edited by RoyMac5

4 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Exactly. These diatribes against MM are just puerile and getting more and more tedious. Let’s move on.

Think moving on is what we all want more than anything but obviously the complicated stadium position that he is responsible for is not letting us and is actually putting the club's existence  in real peril. I find that puerile and tedious

If covid hadn't happened I reckon we wouldn't now have the HMRC debt we do.

Mel would have changed the amortization policy, taken a 9 point deduction and settled with Gibson.

A couple of player sales, (Knight?Sibley?) to pay down debt and heavy use of the academy a la this season and where would we be?

Lower mid in the championship, a team with sell on potential, lower overall debt and a more saleable club.

So, are we being too harsh on Mel? Does he deserve the level of abuse he's getting on here?