The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, JABBA said:

Mels meeting him to say he doesn’t own the stadium anymore and good luck completing a deal now you exclusivity is over

That not quite true eathier appently that been extended also.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Kirchner should challenge him to a trial by combat. Winner gets Pride Park.

Well, the boxing match got postponed, so the stadium should be availble.

I'd give Mel a broadsword and CK a morning star. both allowed armour, but no hoarses.

29 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Why is everyone on about the stadium ? 

Because that's where we play our home games.

2 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I agree we should deal with the facts. Mel bought the club, invested money into the club, hired and fired managers, funded transfers and wages, improved the academy, engaged in confrontations with the EFL and accounting practices that whilst not against the rules at the time looked to exploit loopholes and were at odds with the methods of all other member clubs in the league, sold himself the stadium and tied it up in complex ownership, secured external funding for the club with that stadium as security (I believe…might be unclear on the full facts here), allowed the club to accrue millions of pounds of debt including a massive tax bill, pulled his funding from the club and plunged us into admin which cause a 12 point deduction, subsequently the debts accrued and his accounting practices led to a further 9 point deduction meaning a total of 21 points and the eventual relegation of the club from the championship. 
The club has 5 players contracted beyond the end of the season, is now running out of funding, and is still in administration pending a takeover which according to the EFL and interested parties cannot conclude without the stadium ownership resolved or at least the club having a home of some sort to play games next season. 
Did I miss anything? 
Now I agree people shouldn’t make baseless claims against Mel, they can however use those facts and any others to inform their opinions. In my view, he gambled, got it horribly wrong and using the available facts has left the club on the brink of ruin. I do think the club will survive for what it’s worth. again, just in my opinion and with the benefit of hindsight all of this could have been avoided if Mel had ran the club within the ridiculous restrictions the EFL has in place. 

Yes. His motivation was clearly to get us to the PL.  He cocked it all up spectacularly, he can be called to account for gross incompetence. But this vilification of him as some sort of malicious Satan figure is bordering on the comical. Since ‘pulling the plug’ he sorted out Gibbo, and he is on the brink of sorting out MSD (for the benefit of CK, who is in bed with Stretford and Rooney, whom he detests !).  He is human and doubtless damaged by all of this as much as any of us would be. Let’s move on and focus on the next chapter 

30 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. 

You think he'll do the right thing?

MM and CK are both successful businessmen in their own fields. In the end, football wasn't right for MM, time will tell for CK but he needs the chance first.

If they are meeting, it has to be positive. Morris isn't going to meet him just to tell him to jog on. Kirchner isn't going to meet him to call him a k**bhead to his face. It really has to be positive, it's just a question of how far away we are from it being positive enough to be finalised, because there isn't really the time for small but steady progress anymore.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

You think he'll do the right thing?

MM and CK are both successful businessmen in their own fields. In the end, football wasn't right for MM, time will tell for CK but he needs the chance first.

If they are meeting, it has to be positive. Morris isn't going to meet him just to tell him to jog on. Kirchner isn't going to meet him to call him a k**bhead to his face. It really has to be positive, it's just a question of how far away we are from it being positive enough to be finalised, because there isn't really the time for small but steady progress anymore.

CK was pretty impressive in his meeting with Amanda S. At least I thought so. His ranting against MM is (was) heavily coloured by the prevailing mood amongst supporters and the powerful Rooney/Stretford PR machine. There’s every chance that when their meeting finishes they will have a lot more respect for each other than when it began - neither of them is foolish. Let’s see. I’m optimistic 

8 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

I’m going down to the ground tomorrow morning to make my feelings known to Bell as he exits his vehicle. 

Doubt that’s where they will meet,  but before you have a wasted journey : Would your contribution make his meeting with CK more or less productive ?  

Maybe stay at home and do some yoga 

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

CK was pretty impressive in his meeting with Amanda S. At least I thought so. His ranting against MM is (was) heavily coloured by the prevailing mood amongst supporters and the powerful Rooney/Stretford PR machine. There’s every chance that when their meeting finishes they will have a lot more respect for each other than when it began - neither of them is foolish. Let’s see. I’m optimistic 

Hopefully that's the case. If we're going purely on CK's communication via Twitter, then this is the first time that they're going to meet. All other negotiations, for the whole process really, has been handled by "his team". Both will have in their mind what they want from this meeting, so hopefully there's a compromise.

The timing of it is just all very strange. I understand CK is only over here for a few days, but you can "meet" pretty easily with technology nowadays. A poster on here (can't remember who) suggested that MM might be waiting for the season to end so there isn't some kind of CK admiration party during the last game, as it would inevitably coincide with hate towards Morris. If we can continue in to next season, our next competitive game is just under 3 months away. That's enough time for the relief of us being saved to pass-by, and Morris can end his involvement with the Club with a big gap before thousands of us are all together again to celebrate it.