The Administration Thread

Boycie

9 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

EFL are not convinced we can see out the season. So they will do everything in their power to make sure that we don't. 

I really don’t think that is true. They might not like us and may be determined to see us relegated but I find it hard to believe they actually want one of their members to go into liquidation.

21 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

Quantuma's reputation must be taking a serious hit here.

I also don't understand why there is a clear vendetta against the club - if we were fighting for promotion then I would understand, however we are merely fighting for breath at the moment.

Do you really think the administrators are not trying, if rescuing a business in administration was easy they wouldn't be charging as much, we don't know what is going on, it may even come to the point where nothing more can be done as various parties can't reach agreement, that is not the administrators fault.

16 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:
Second to everything at the minute - my bad.

This has seriously damaged the last remaining hopes for this season - we're going to have to sell players to complete the season, and not be competitive any more.

Was fun while it lasted, I guess.

It’s not over until the larger than average size gender neutral person sings.

In other words let’s hope Mike Ashley comes up with the cash.

Keep the faith COYR.

Edited by cstand

10 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

Yes, the EFL are poo. But I don’t understand how this is EFLs fault?

Admin haven’t named a preferred bidder to start the takeover, so we don’t have any funds coming in?

Are the EFL stopping Admins from doing that? Genuine question. 

The club is more attractive to bidders as a Championship club, (preferably without 21 points deducted, and preferably with players who are under contract on low wages being allowed to renew their contracts) being  more attractive if they keep their better players and are not forced to sell at fire sale prices, and more attractive if dodgy claims from other clubs are not elevated to "football creditor" status by the EFL.   

So yes, the EFL are stopping us from selling the club, as they have been doing for the last two years. 

Edited by PistoldPete

2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Yes; because they could've quashed WW & MFC "claims" - they're clearly ludicrous as has been pointed out numerous times. They've chosen not too because they want DCFC to suffer more - and they didn't like the fact we seemed to be getting stronger not weaker. Other clubs like Rowett's Millwall have blarted to the EFL that we are refusing to sell players so again another reason for the EFL to take this hard line. 

Has another club threatened to sue before? Is there precedent for the EFL to do that? Again it isn’t the EFL who are stopping admins naming the preferred bidder? I’m not sure if there’s even been an actual offer for the club officially announced at any point?

5 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

Yes, the EFL are poo. But I don’t understand how this is EFLs fault?

Admin haven’t named a preferred bidder to start the takeover, so we don’t have any funds coming in?

Are the EFL stopping Admins from doing that? Genuine question. 

I think this a fair point. It is why I await Quantuma's update. If they went into a meeting yesterday without a business plan to show that they had sufficient funds to fulfil the season's fixtures, and its commitment to paying football liabilities timely over the same period, then it suggests a competency issue, which I can't believe, or some request for some supportive extension, in the expectation that a preferred bidder will be available 'soon'.

Just now, atherstoneram said:

Do you really think the administrators are not trying, if rescuing a business in administration was easy they wouldn't be charging as much, we don't know what is going on, it may even come to the point where nothing more can be done as various parties can't reach agreement, that is not the administrators fault.

I'm not accusing them of not trying.  I have no doubt that they are putting a lot of time and effort in, however much of your reputation in professional services relies on your ability to communicate and manage your stakeholders.

Regardless of what the EFL or other parties have done, Quantuma's expectations management has left much to be desired.

Maybe the most obvious answer is the one staring us in the face: the administrators don't have anyone in position to be a preferred buyer. Perhaps, they're kicking the can down the road long enough to see if they can attract someone but the EFL have called them out on it and aren't allowing them to pull the rug over our/their eyes anymore? 

I would much prefer to know at this stage. I don't believe that if they had a genuine person ready to purchase the club that they wouldn't have given them preferred bidder status, considering the situation we found ourselves. 

If we are to liquidate then I'd much rather know now. I'm not sure how long it takes to start a phoenix club, but I know we would be better off knowing sooner rather than later especially if our current horse in the race is already on the way to the glue factory! 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

So yes, the EFL are stopping us from selling the club, as they have been doing for the last two years. 

MM was trying to sell us before this? EFL aren’t the admins who can come out and name a preferred bidder. 

yes, they’re poo. But if we don’t have an owner/bidder where is our money coming from as we’re in admin? 

Went to bed last night genuinely excited about getting some positive news today.  It's now 1230 and that genuine excitement has been rapidly replaced with a huge cloud of gloom and a resignation that everyone seems to be doing everything possible to completely shaft this club.  

If Rooney only yesterday was told he has agreement to sign people and then this morning he's told by Gibson, sorry, I mean the EFL that he can't, I wouldn't be surprised if finally he says "sorry, but I'm done".  I hope this isn't the final nail. 

Sorry, I'm being too negative.  Need to go get lunch and a cuppa.  

Just now, atherstoneram said:

Force the club into liquidation.

But why would they want to do that? It would still mess up their fixtures, impact other clubs and have a serious impact on staff and players.

My guess is they want us to survive as a fee paying member (when we’ve got some money) but see us relegated.

9 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Any further deduction would come in next season.

Presumably they wouldn't carry over to the Phoenix club though, would they?

The Belper Sunday Morning Pub League will be difficult enough to get promoted from without starting on negative points.

15 minutes ago, Curtains said:

We have to get the best we can .

I know it’s awful. 

What’s your take on it because it’s hard to see anything good coming of this. .

Like I say the debts are too high ,

We have been left in a right mess and have upset the EFL and other clubs 

I would love a takeover to happen today as I love this Football Club .

It is very depressing particularly as we are making a great fight on the pitch .

The situation is (except for Jags) the same as it has ever been since we went into administration.

The Admin have to find funding and a buyer. The funding is now needed until we get a buyer.

I guess I hoped it wouldn't but we have such big debts to HMRC and others that it was always going to be a difficult sale. Why would any potential owner want to spend more than they can get away with, especially if the stadium isn't part of the deal (or its costly)?

So no news isn't totally bad news as we are farther down the track, when we finally reach the fork in the road lets hope a buyer steps up.

Edit: see @angieram's post above.

Edited by RoyMac5