The Administration Thread

Boycie

54 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

"no matter how many times you ask".

Is he starting to get tetchy?

Also "that condition being transfer of Pride Park".... So what if Mel refuses to sell to the council or whoever? What then?

Well in a way I would if people keep asking him the same thing like he said once it been done he will let us know and he has so far.

1 hour ago, The_Sheriff said:

creepy grim reaper GIF

Assuming that the city council are buying it off Morris. It would be a good vote looser to buy it an fir some reason the CK deal fell through. More sense to have the purchase papers all in place ready to sign but only do that once CK has bought the club and signed something like a renting agreement. That's what I would do.

Edited by I know nuffin

12 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Assuming that the city council are buying it off Morris. It would be a good vote looser to buy it an fir some reason the CK deal fell through. More sense to have the purchase papers all in place ready to sign but only do that once CK has bought the club and signed something like a renting agreement. That's what I would do.

For crying out loud the man already said things are moving on that front give the man a break.

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Also "that condition being transfer of Pride Park".... So what if Mel refuses to sell to the council or whoever? What then?

Interesting that CK specified that there will be one condition only in his SPA, a condition relating to the stadium. 

Slightly worrying is the enmity between MM and Rooney. There is a danger MM will not want to play ball with a bid which (as he sees it) is backed by Rooney and this might explain CK’s frustration with MM after his Dec offer was refused. 

There are two solutions. The first is that the City puts a deal together. But local public bodies are not designed for this sort of thing and they find it difficult and move slowly. I hope they play their cards well and that Q and Team Derby are all over this

If the ‘City solution’ stalls,  then Q needs the courage to tell MM that they and MSD will put the stadium owning company into administration and will grant a stadium lease to the club on terms that work for CK. 

Ultimately this should get fixed. But delay could result in CK losing patience and so the City need to be moving forward with this now. And Q needs to be less passive that they have been to date. They need to stop trying to be nice to everyone  

12 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Interesting that CK specified that there will be one condition only in his SPA, a condition relating to the stadium. 

Slightly worrying is the enmity between MM and Rooney. There is a danger MM will not want to play ball with a bid which (as he sees it) is backed by Rooney and this might explain CK’s frustration with MM after his Dec offer was refused. 

There are two solutions. The first is that the City puts a deal together. But local public bodies are not designed for this sort of thing and they find it difficult and move slowly. I hope they play their cards well and that Q and Team Derby are all over this

If the ‘City solution’ stalls,  then Q needs the courage to tell MM that they and MSD will put the stadium owning company into administration and will grant a stadium lease to the club on terms that work for CK. 

Ultimately this should get fixed. But delay could result in CK losing patience and so the City need to be moving forward with this now. And Q needs to be less passive that they have been to date. They need to stop trying to be nice to everyone  

I think kircher will not lose patience this time things for me a long way down the road.

26 minutes ago, Crewton said:

The purchase price is a maximum of 25% of that, so it might not be such a stretch. 

Won’t the EFL take an interest if it’s bought for less than the £80 million it was sold for?

57 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Where are the council going to get £80m from? It’s double what the A52 debacle cost. 

I think the council have already said they are able to borrow money at very competitive rates to be able to purchase the stadium that would then be recouped.

Let's not forget, Derby City Council will be weighing up the cost of buying our stadium versus the cost to the city by doing nothing and losing the club.

However much the stadium cost I bet that would end up being the cheapest option in the long run.

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

If the DM said something like: ‘I’m really sorry to ask you this again for the 20th time Chris, but where are we up to……….’ then it wouldn’t be tetchy at all, it would be empathetic and helpful. 

1 hour ago, Bobby said:

Won’t the EFL take an interest if it’s bought for less than the £80 million it was sold for?

Nope

they can take an interest but as it’s a private transaction between two separate parties it’s nothing to do with them. 
having the value of an asset and a cost offs an asset are two different things. 
a players value is completely different to the price that may be paid during a transfer for example. 

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

It's surely not in Q's gift to do anything with the stadium. It's owned by Mel but with loans to MSD secured against it. The result of dcfc selling the stadium in the first place is that it's now a completely separate thing from the club. Q cannot force through a deal or put anything else into admin. All part of Mel's tangled web. 

9 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Another non-committal response from the EFL. Roughly translated it reads to me as " As of yet we haven't found anything in the business plan to scupper this deal. However we are working diligently to achieve this and will take great delight in informing everyone as soon as we do."

Well yes, but I think “delight” might be a tad strong. Perhaps they are looking at a “with regret” or possibly, if we are really lucky we’ll get a “reluctant” acceptance of the business plan.