The Administration Thread

Boycie

18 minutes ago, Rev said:

I think it's a legal requirement that stops the sale of season tickets at the moment, rather than Quantuma acting in the fans best interests.

This is also my understanding, by selling season tickets the club would effectively be incurring additional creditors as season tickets are sold against the provision of services, by the club, to be provided in the future.

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

Just now, Elwood P Dowd said:

This is also my understanding, by selling season tickets the club would effectively incurring additional creditors as season tickets are sold against the provision of services, by the club, to be provided in the future.

So how has any Club been able to start a season in admin?

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

As a vegetarian now of over 30 years, I still miss bacon and, funnily enough, corned beef.

Sorry, I just wanted to say something new and original on this thread.

That's not aimed at anyone but we (including me) have just been round and round again. At least there's a game on to distract us for a couple of hours.

COYR ?

I love a corned beef sarnie on brown with HP sauce ?

5 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

I could be wrong on this, but I think that's a one-off arrangement that was put in place because of COVID. I've certainly never heard of it being applied before.

The bigger issue might be accepting card payments.  Credit Card companies are not going to take the risk of letting people spend £400+ on a season ticket for a club that's potentially about to implode.  They'll be on the hock if we do go bust and people try to claim the ticket money back on their cards.

Now that's cleared up what was in my head. When you pay by credit card, the club receives the money in stages, for exactly the reason you said.

Its something to do with consumer laws I think, in terms of the club not being allowed to receive money for goods or services it cannot offer (at the time of payment)

Pretty sure that's what I had in the back of my mind.

The timeframe to sort this dogs breakfast out is reducing by every passing day. In just over a month the money will have ran out. 
The admin clowns meanwhile are reaping the benefit of DCFC’s misery by intransigence, thereby further lining their greasy pockets with not a care in the world.  

4 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

The timeframe to sort this dogs breakfast out is reducing by every passing day. In just over a month the money will have ran out. 
The admin clowns meanwhile are reaping the benefit of DCFC’s misery by intransigence, thereby further lining their greasy pockets with not a care in the world.  

They're getting what I should imagine is the going rate for doing a complex job (perhaps the most complicated situation a reasonably sized football club in adminstration has faced?) while playing piggy in the middle between 4-6 massive egos, none of who want to budge from their demands and are themselves happy to drag things out as long as possible.

The constant outrage that they're getting paid large sums of money is stupid and the 'lining their pockets at our expense' stuff childish. Yes it's irksome that people in their particular line of work earn so much money for seemingly so little but it is what it is. 

That is unless you can prove that their fees are above and beyond what others would charge for the job, or you've evidence that they're intentionally delaying the process to inflate their fee.

If you've got an issue with how much money they (and others) make from it take it up with the people who appoint them and agree to the fees.

2 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

That is unless you can prove that their fees are above and beyond what others would charge for the job, or you've evidence that they're intentionally delaying the process to inflate their fee.

And if you can do that, you should probably let HMRC know, as they can get the courts to alter the fees if they are playing silly games.

4 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

If you've got an issue with how much money they (and others) make from it take it up with the people who appoint them and agree to the fees.

I did wonder if we’d hear from Andrew Hosking before K.O.

17 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

They're getting what I should imagine is the going rate for doing a complex job (perhaps the most complicated situation a reasonably sized football club in adminstration has faced?) while playing piggy in the middle between 4-6 massive egos, none of who want to budge from their demands and are themselves happy to drag things out as long as possible.

The constant outrage that they're getting paid large sums of money is stupid and the 'lining their pockets at our expense' stuff childish. Yes it's irksome that people in their particular line of work earn so much money for seemingly so little but it is what it is. 

You’re probably right, they’re getting the going rate.

Sad thing is they’re getting it for doing a woeful job. At best they’ve devalued the club and had to sell off a lot of our assets, with more to walk out the door for free at the end of their contracts. At worst it will be liquidation and the end of DCFC as we know it.