The Administration Thread

Boycie

9 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Wycombe owner Couhig still after more money 

10 mins in 

https://www.wwfc.com/news/2022/august/25/audio-rob-and-gareths-q-and-a/

I note from their forum that they think this indicates that they had a strong case, rather than it being something DC was forced to do by the EFL in order to get a clean takeover, free of a points deduction, which is in all probability what has happened. They obviously need the money, because their stadium is apparently falling apart. 

It's going to be a tasty atmosphere on 17/9. I hope Cowpig is there, but I doubt he's got the chops for it. 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

I note from their forum that they think this indicates that they had a strong case, rather than it being something DC was forced to do by the EFL in order to get a clean takeover, free of a points deduction, which is in all probability what has happened. They obviously need the money, because their stadium is apparently falling apart. 

It's going to be a tasty atmosphere on 17/9. I hope Cowpig is there, but I doubt he's got the chops for it. 

I wouldn’t be too worried just yet. Posters on their forum are probably about as well informed as we are on here.

Listening to the clip, my uneducated guess is that we’ve paid them something (makes my blood boil) but they won’t get anymore unless the stadium is considered part of the buy out of the club. I can’t see how that can be when the club didn’t own the stadium.

Edited by Tamworthram

15 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I wouldn’t be too worried just yet. Posters on their forum are probably about as well informed as we are on here.

Listening to the clip, my uneducated guess is that we’ve paid them something (makes my blood boil) but they won’t get anymore unless the stadium is considered part of the buy out of the club. I can’t see how that can be when the club didn’t own the stadium.

I'm not worried, I'm just annoyed that having to pay them anything allows them to sustain the fantasy that they were wronged in some way. In the meantime, Watford and Forest's owners sail merrily on gaming FFP by selling players to themselves at inflated prices and the EFL does SFA about it. I think the best way of shutting that scam down would be for another member of the Clowes family to buy a smaller club in the EU and use it to shift money and playing assets around. That should ensure the loophole is closed pdq. 

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This. Big time.

How the f... can we owe them anything at all. The EFL not going to stand up to chancers like this are they!

Also, if we do owe then them anything, how can the amount be dependent on how much the club was sold for? If they’ve be wronged and deserve compensation the amount due shouldn’t matter whether the club was sold for £1m or £100m. What difference does it make to Wycombe? Makes absolutely no sense. Also, what the heck is “an ECONOMIC financial settlement”?

FFS. The fact they are walking away with anything is galling. I think the EFL and Quantuma are getting too easy a ride of us at the moment. Sheer incompetence and manipulation which due to Clowes’ brilliant act we are letting slide too easily. What a bunch of parasitic ambulance chasers this lot are. If they think I am putting my car in their oversized car park they can think again. Wycombe and Boro will never be forgotten for wanting to finish us in my eyes. 

28 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I'm not worried, I'm just annoyed that having to pay them anything allows them to sustain the fantasy that they were wronged in some way. In the meantime, Watford and Forest's owners sail merrily on gaming FFP by selling players to themselves at inflated prices and the EFL does SFA about it. I think the best way of shutting that scam down would be for another member of the Clowes family to buy a smaller club in the EU and use it to shift money and playing assets around. That should ensure the loophole is closed pdq. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11137749/Watford-bring-Hassane-Kamara-loan-selling-defender-16m-Udinese.html

I don’t understand how this can be allowed. Surely it needs to be looked into. But I’m sure it will be overlooked. ?? it makes my pi$$ boil. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Just going back to your last paragraph, I agree. If they're hoping to get any further money from the sale of the stadium, they'll have to sue either Mel or Michael Dell, because there's no reason why the Administrators would have received any money from its sale. That transaction might have lifted the charges that MSD held over DCFC assets, but as such it had no monetary value in respect of the club.

9 minutes ago, SSD said:

I hope a dog goes past him in a graveyard one day. That's how much I rate Mr Couhig as a human being.

I'm not familiar with that phrase but the thing is, do we really know what he's like as a human being? When you get to meet him he might be a really nice guy ? a major philanthropist and a big supporter of good causes. We can only judge him on his role as a football club owner and his dealings with DCFC and, in that role, I have nothing but contempt for him. No doubt Wycombe fans hold him in higher regard. 

13 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I'm not familiar with that phrase but the thing is, do we really know what he's like as a human being? When you get to meet him he might be a really nice guy ? a major philanthropist and a big supporter of good causes. We can only judge him on his role as a football club owner and his dealings with DCFC and, in that role, I have nothing but contempt for him. No doubt Wycombe fans hold him in higher regard. 

It’s our money he’s giving away though ?

I hope we make Mr Couhig know exactly how we feel about his ambulance chasing antics when we play them home and away. Horrible little parasite