The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, NottmRAM said:

How do you know the councillors are Red Dogs? You can view the councillors on the Erewash website. It lists their home addresses. Two live in Draycott. I can't be bothered to look them all up on social media but I would bet more than half are Derby fans.

I am sure I remember the some of the objections to the building of the training ground was that was on/near designated Green Belt land !!!!

1 minute ago, NottmRAM said:

How do you know the councillors are Red Dogs? You can view the councillors on the Erewash website. It lists their home addresses. Two live in Draycott. I can't be bothered to look them all up on social media but I would bet more than half are Derby fans.

I was referencing the OP's post (see above). Certainly, when the expansion scheme for Moor Farm was rejected, the council leader was a Forest fan. I imagine the final planning decision is still available via the EBC website. Times, and policies, change, but I imagine that a huge housing scheme of any description on Moor Farm would meet overwhelming objections.

You'll note Charlie24 doesn't respond to questions.

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

No, I think Pearce was an employee trying his best to make his boss's hare-brained schemes work.

After all, Mel was happy to interfere in footballing decisions, when he had no experience. He's a successful businessman, so it's beyond comprehension that he wouldn't be the driving force in business decisions. 

So Mel knows all about amortization and the different ways if can be done said nobody

27 minutes ago, rsmini said:

At the start of the administration process, many moons ago … The land owners of Moor Farm, a local family believed to be the owners of Locko Park. Said that the long lease on the land with DCFC was not a problem and they were happy to continue with it. 

Why all of a sudden does this appear to have changed and where has this rumour/information come from?

Somebody guessed at it on here first, Nixon was initially non-committal and ambiguous as usual, then strangely he latched onto it. I guess he couldn't think of anything.

Personally I think it's all pure guesswork and well wide of the mark. Leases were all in place with the companies that are not in administration and now (nearly) owned by DC, subject to MSD charges, and registered with the land registry. Leases are often saleable or assignable assets. ie. they have a distinct value. I would guess it's about money for rent arrears that may have got missed, or something to do with the £1.6m loan from the Stretford Agent company.  

The lease on the training ground "not being a problem" and "a new lease that the land owner is happy with has to be drafted and agreed" aren't necessarily mutually exclusive, but might take some time to resolve and in other circumstances we'd all be understanding.

It's easy to forget there's big sums and implications for parties involved in this, we've just all been hurt too much to not think the worst.