The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, Ramos said:

I believe the famous Brian clough quote goes “it only takes one second to complete an extremely complex takeover of a club in administration”. Wise words indeed. 

You missed out, I hate Forest.

25 minutes ago, Gisby said:

You’d be surprised what industry I’ve worked in for the last 25 years … it’s very aligned with the legal profession …… why did they set a target date of 29/06 if it was never realistic (in your opinion) ??

Probably under pressure to offer today up to the EFL, given it’s Pay Day tomorrow. I can’t believe they are genuinely ignorant of the complexities of a room full of teams of legal reps. to get a deal done. I remember one deal I was involved in that had a Friday 5.00pm drop dead timeline, which ended up with us leaving the Lawyers office at 2.00am and returning on the  Saturday morning (in the Smoke) for an 8.30 reconvene. At about 11.00pm on the Friday, one of the other team’s legal guys opened his bag and hey presto- a wash bag and a change of shirt,etc!  They knew it would run over all along but wanted to keep our feet to the fire to wring out any last concessions the could! 

5 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Lawyers is the word your looking for, Laywers are bedwetters

In actual fact Alf, about the digital debate that's going on here, seriously I have always found accountants to be wholly comfortable with electronic signatures but lawyers less so; they tend to insist that any alterations to documents should be carried out by the person signing them and won't alter them for the client. For that reason they have a much greater insistence on wet signatures. hence why I found your pun so funny ?

20 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

But contracts expire tomorrow too. 

Midnight Pete. Still time and they will work through the night if they have too I'me sure to get players contracts agreed. Remember, if Clowes hadn't got this done so quickly there would have been no chance of retaining out-of-contract players tomorrow. We can't have it always.

Edited by Brailsford Ram