The Administration Thread

Boycie

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"

Former Derby County chairman Andy Appleby is not in talks with ex-Wolves owner Steve Morgan over a collaboration that would see them join forces over a takeover.

Reports over the weekend suggested the duo were contemplating teaming up to launch a joint bid for the club which has been in administration for the last nine months.

But sources have told Derbyshire Live that is not the case and Appleby is continuing to launch his own pursuit of a deal for the Rams..."

Is Morgan also in the running on his own? Unlucky Alf cannot be wrong. 

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That's just nonsense though, isn't it? As far as we know, any bids agreed towards the end of last year were contingent on Quantuma being able to cram-down the 'Boro and Wycombe claims to nothing.  As soon as the EFL vetoed that, the bids were basically irrelevant, as no one was willing to risk buying us with those claims still in play.

15 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Maybe the EFL need to change / bend their own rules as they have previously done on a whole variety of subjects as we can testify to.

The problem will be what happens after that.  If we've shafted Arsenal out of £4m(?), and possibly other clubs out of something too, what's to stop them raising EFL claims against us/the EFL and demanding that the EFL insolvency policy be enforced?  The new buyer could be forced to stump up millions they hadn't budgeted for, or even worse, buy a club only for it to be kicked out of the league a few months later.  If buyers weren't willing to risk the 'Boro/Wycombe claims, will they be willing to risk that?

14 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

That's just nonsense though, isn't it? As far as we know, any bids agreed towards the end of last year were contingent on Quantuma being able to cram-down the 'Boro and Wycombe claims to nothing.  As soon as the EFL vetoed that, the bids were basically irrelevant, as no one was willing to risk buying us with those claims still in play.

So why can’t they do that now ? 

11 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

The problem will be what happens after that.  If we've shafted Arsenal out of £4m(?), and possibly other clubs out of something too, what's to stop them raising EFL claims against us/the EFL and demanding that the EFL insolvency policy be enforced?  The new buyer could be forced to stump up millions they hadn't budgeted for, or even worse, buy a club only for it to be kicked out of the league a few months later.  If buyers weren't willing to risk the 'Boro/Wycombe claims, will they be willing to risk that?

I didn’t imagine other clubs wouldn’t get their money but why do other creditors have to be paid by the method the EFL have said, why can’t it be over five years or ten years so long as they get it?

33 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Bury afc started at level 9 or 10 didnt they? They were a brand new phoenix club though.

The actual Bury fc who own the name, etc still havent started playing again as far as i am aware.

If we have to phoenix we will be starting right at the bottom of the league pyramid

No chance of that happening... Says me.  A club as big as Derby is more likely to start in the National League at worst.  This is unlikely to happen anyway,  supposing it does? The supporter base would likely decline.  Other supporters started Phoenix clubs 'Just in case' but the egos of the owners usually take over.  Coventry United is one such club.  They started way down the non-league structure and were promoted several times in their first 5 years.  Were it not for Covid they would have gone up another tier as well.  The original owners have now left.  So this talk of a Phoenix club is positive but also a distraction at the same time.  In Coventry's case the decision to start a Phoenix Club was a red herring because the Club did not resemble Coventry City.    I still think Derby will survive.  It's getting tougher by the day but something will happen. 

This club was formed with part-timers, no established structure and attendances of about 1000 at the start....

13–14  Midland Combination Div. Two2nd of 16     Promoted as runners-up

2014–15 Midland League Div. Two  1st of 16      Promoted as champions

2015–16 Midland League Div. One     Promoted as champions

2016–17 Midland League Premier Div.   8th of 22

2017–18 Midland League Premier Div.    8th of 22

2018–19 Midland League Premier Div. 8th of 20

2019–20 Midland League Premier Div.   1st of 20 (at time of cancellation)#

2020–21 Midland League Premier 9th of 19 

Edited by Flying Fokker

15 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

I’m on strike tomorrow so this page will be getting refreshed more times than I can mention 

Bored Work Day GIF by juliaveldmanc

Solidarity with Quantuma and their 9 month strike as administrators of Derby County? 

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

A large crowd doesn't equate to a successful team. 

Not sure about that. I think there’s far more chance of success if you’re dwarfing your opponents tbh. If at level 8 we have income of 15,000 people and all our opponents have 500 attendees and we can’t win the league then even I’ll give up at that stage.

16 minutes ago, alram said:

i read that Q want to take out another loan to buy players? is that true? are they taking the mickey?

If they do, and I suspect again it is only mindless Internet twatter, what does it matter to you? Are you HMRC?

Edited by i-Ram

15 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Is Morgan also in the running on his own? Unlucky Alf cannot be wrong

I can, He was in the running when I posted a couple of weeks ago to be the new owner, Things went very quiet, He is allegedly according to reports back in the mix along with 1-8 other interested parties.

Until a prospective owner sits down in front of the TV cameras and announces they have a bid on the table then all the information we read is from a 2nd- 3rd-4th-5th parties, Pub/golf talk, Twitter, Instagram, Rabid journalists that come out of the woodwork after having been invisible for 6 months, $hyte press releases from Q and the EFL, Bob Desert from Sky and any other Tom-Dick and Ducking Harry.

The best being imo, Lawrence playing golf with the yank so this must mean the yank is back in the fold, I see us kicking off with a threadbare underfunded squad of old and very young players just to fulfil next seasons fixtures in a RENTED stadium owned by MM     

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I can, He was in the running when I posted a couple of weeks ago to be the new owner, Things went very quiet, He is allegedly according to reports back in the mix along with 1-8 other interested parties.

Until a prospective owner sits down in front of the TV cameras and announces they have a bid on the table then all the information we read is from a 2nd- 3rd-4th-5th parties, Pub/golf talk, Twitter, Instagram, Rabid journalists that come out of the woodwork after having been invisible for 6 months, $hyte press releases from Q and the EFL, Bob Desert from Sky and any other Tom-Dick and Ducking Harry.

The best being imo, Lawrence playing golf with the yank so this must mean the yank is back in the fold, I see us kicking off with a threadbare underfunded squad of old and very young players just to fulfil next seasons fixtures in a RENTED stadium owned by MM     

Alf you said you can be wrong but this post is spot on.