The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

Oh god I should really know better than to engage you in something like this by now, but anyway.

I think these are not easy times for any Derby fan, and I think the hysteria being whipped up around it makes things even harder. It is not news that Quantuma were not willing to engage with Ashley when another bidder had exclusivity, and so Dorsett tweeting the same thing in about 50 different ways since Wednesday has only made things more panicked.

We can debate until the cows come home about whether or not Kirchner was the right bid, at this point it would appear clearly not. There are many grievances to be had about Quantuma but we can only assume they went with what they felt was the correct bid based on the info they had. He had evidently passed whatever tests he needed to pass.

But I don’t think any (and I include pro-Kirchner Nixon in that) journalists have helped things over the last week. And it is obvious who is pulling Dorsett and Dawes’ strings.

Can't lose sight of the fact that Quantuma's first responsibility is to secure the best deal for the creditors.

8 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

"It is not our client's position to comment on press reports "... only  to stir up trouble in the media by leaking confidential discussions to the press. Ashley can duck off right now.

That’s stupid, why can he duck off? He’s putting a rocket under the Admins and MM and about time 

20 minutes ago, DJAY said:

But surely Q could have responded to the parties trying to contact them to say that to them? Rather than blanking them! All it takes is a bit of communication to resolve a lot of these misunderstandings and minimise the sensational claptrap.

Figure of speech. We might assume (if Q are professional, ahem!) that the administrators *would* have acknowledged  other suitors' attempts to liaise or negotiate....Percy has his permanent clickbait motives for implying that any contact was blanked.

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

That’s stupid, why can he duck off? He’s putting a rocket under the Admins and MM and about time 

The big question is why won't they engage with him?

I could only guess that any proposal he has made or proffered, does not either form the best deal for creditors (which is Quantuma's prime responsibility) and/or will not comply with EFL rules.

Other than that I can't see any justified or legal reasons for not engaging.

48 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I don’t mind other people’s opinions at all but you can’t tell me there isn’t some agendas and narratives in play. 

Totally agree with curtains.. just look at what the journalists are reporting. Ed dawes CKs bid Will collapse Wednesday am, might pm. Admin turn against CK Thursday any if that happened yet. Persy,? No contact by admin to other bidders, Amin deny. CK not got the money say many I have seen it says Nixon. Not paid wages and sponsorship say the athletic at just about the worst time they can for CK, rubbish say Nixon. Read that lot and tell me there is not a lot of disinformation going round

Just now, RipleyRich said:

The big question is why won't they engage with him?

I could only guess that any proposal he has made or proffered, does not either form the best deal for creditors (which is Quantuma's prime responsibility) and/or will not comply with EFL rules.

Other than that I can't see any justified or legal reasons for not engaging.

Don't know. How much did they look around after the Council stated they would buy the stadium if they had to (paraphrased)? CK was in and that was it?

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Without the hysteria being whipped up as you put it we'd still all be waiting for Q to tell us CKs money was on its way!

Maybe that is the case, maybe not. But things can and should be reported in a certain way. Until 5pm yesterday Kirchner had exclusivity and I would imagine some legal rights if Quantuma were briefing Ashley / Appleby / Morgan / Joe Bloggs about making a bid. 5pm hits and they notify Ashley and whoever else that the process is back open.

The administrators not engaging with him until then was not news! Him having a strop about being second choice is not news, that is up to him to get over. The only issue is whether they chose the right bid in the first place and how stringent their process was to select that bid. Ashley having £28m ready to go is all well and good but is a crap deal for the creditors if he wants the stadium, as I assume he would. Maybe the administrators should have tried to negotiate further with him around that but he hardly seems the negotiating type.

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

My favourite thing about Ashley's teams statement is where it says "It is not our clients intention to comment upon any press reports at this stage", in a statement that has clearly been leaked to the press to report upon.

Haha it’s good - you have to imagine there is reference in the letter to them about the claims that they are not interacting. 

I think it’s a good move - maybe rob should have hidden the names of Derby County’s lawyers though. 

Just now, nottingram said:

Maybe that is the case, maybe not. But things can and should be reported in a certain way. Until 5pm yesterday Kirchner had exclusivity and I would imagine some legal rights if Quantuma were briefing Ashley / Appleby / Morgan / Joe Bloggs about making a bid. 5pm hits and they notify Ashley and whoever else that the process is back open.

The administrators not engaging with him until then was not news! Him having a strop about being second choice is not news, that is up to him to get over. The only issue is whether they chose the right bid in the first place and how stringent their process was to select that bid. Ashley having £28m ready to go is all well and good but is a crap deal for the creditors if he wants the stadium, as I assume he would. Maybe the administrators should have tried to negotiate further with him around that but he hardly seems the negotiating type.

How do we know that, last we heard was exclusivity ended on 31st May wasn't it? Q stated things as facts after the fact.

If you leave such big gaps then they get filled. 

1 minute ago, Eatonram said:

The key line from Ashley's Lawyers is that they "are not prepared to be a contingency".......Over to you Q.

'ready and willing to transact' is more appropriate. As administrator I don't think they can get out of that one and hang on for CK any longer. Legally obliged and all that. 

Can't believe we don't know what's gone on with the CK deal monies. All we do know is tjay Q have not received it.

Did CK not send the money in the first place?

Did he send it and it has still failed to clear but is in the system?

If the latter is true, will it clear over the next few days?

CK and Q between them must know. Why haven't they said anything. Why no clarification? Or have I missed something?

1 minute ago, RipleyRich said:

Can't lose sight of the fact that Quantuma's first responsibility is to secure the best deal for the creditors.

They'd have to come up with a good reason to creditors for accepting a bid that wasn't the highest (i.e. evidence CK didn't have the funds or there were some other question about the legitimacy of his offer) - Say "we went with big mike because he gets deals done" isn't a good enough reason if he's offered less.

Now the CK doesn't have any money, it's a lot easier to make that case.

23 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

That reads like the response to the contact Percy mentioned earlier, so Q have reached out and MA has replied and said “we’re interested, always have been, don’t take kindly to being your 3am text after you’ve failed to pull but let’s talk so long as your ex isn’t involved”…. I may have paraphrased a little

8E8E73E9-6CB7-47E4-BB5E-2E56D0B45205.gif

It's hard to keep up and worrying for people coming on here that there's nothing in the official updates thread since Thursday. Should tweets such as Ashley's solicitor letter expressing interest to buy the club not go into there so people can quickly get up to speed? Thanks.

Edit: in case the mods don't know what I'm talking about, I meant this one:

Edited by Carl Sagan
Adding the Dorsett tweet

26 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

That reads like the response to the contact Percy mentioned earlier, so Q have reached out and MA has replied and said “we’re interested, always have been, don’t take kindly to being your 3am text after you’ve failed to pull but let’s talk so long as your ex isn’t involved”…. I may have paraphrased a little 

Never thought I'd see Mike Ashley referred to as someone's booty call ?