The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Of course, you're correct it is extremely difficult to be ethical (and I fail miserably) but that shouldn't stop anyone from striving towards that goal - in all aspects of their life.

Difficult in the current climate when we have been set such a bad example by those at the top ???

37 minutes ago, Andicis said:

What exactly do they have to answer for?

Some people appear to have confused the administrator's job of keeping the club running on a day to day basis whilst they find someone to take it over with that of a bona-fida club owner / chairman, expecting them to be all things to all people. Constant updates to the players, fans etc. 

It's funny to read people complain about a lack of transparency and poor communication from Quantuma and (currently) Kirchner while blowing the horn for Mike Ashley. 

What's one of the biggest complaints Newcastle fans have about Ashley's regime after all the infrastructure stuff? Terrible communication, keeping them in the dark on the running of the club, failing to give them any reasons for decisions made on the footballing side. Various reported takeover attempts shrouded in mystery. 

It'd all change if he took over here though, obviously. 

Edited by Coconut's Beard

5 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Of course, you're correct it is extremely difficult to be ethical (and I fail miserably) but that shouldn't stop anyone from striving towards that goal - in all aspects of their life.

Indeed. But where is a line drawn and how to know when to draw it?

What do we know about CK btw? Look down his old Twitter thread, and even his new one and there are fairly disconcerting views on display.

2 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Some people appear to have confused the administrator's job of keeping the club running on a day to day basis whilst they find someone to take it over with that of a bona-fida club owner / chairman, expecting them to be all things to all people. Constant updates to the players, fans etc. 

It's funny to read people complain about a lack of transparency and poor communication from Quantuma and (currently) Kirchner while blowing the horn for Mike Ashley. 

What's one of the biggest complaints Newcastle fans have about Ashley's regime after all the infrastructure stuff? Terrible communication, keeping them in the dark on the running of the club, failing to give them any reasons for decisions made on the footballing side. Various reported takeover attempts shrouded in mystery. 

It'd all change if he took over here though, obviously. 

Yep. The administrators are doing their job the way their legal obligations state they should. Nothing else is relevant to them. 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Indeed. But where is a line drawn and how to know when to draw it?

What do we know about CK btw? Look down his old Twitter thread, and even his new one and there are fairly disconcerting views on display.

Mean tweets or paying workers less than minimum wage? 

Clearly none of us want the club to be liquidated.

I can understand people wanting Ashley rather than us being wound up. I do myself.

But a vocal group seem to prefer Ashley to CK, even without this latest delay.

What I don't understand is why the Appleby consortium isn't the second to CK or even the first choice for folks.

13 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

People not going to games if Ashley takes over. Nonsense, if he comes in, gets a few signings, we go on a good promotion run the ground will be packed 

We don’t need those fans, Pride park will be better without them.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Clearly none of us want the club to be liquidated.

I can understand people wanting Ashley rather than us being wound up. I do myself.

But a vocal group seem to prefer Ashley to CK, even without this latest delay.

What I don't understand is why the Appleby consortium isn't the second to CK or even the first choice for folks.

I think i read on here he was 2nd but no idea if that is accurate. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

They aren't bloody miracle workers Roy. None of this is the fault of Quantuma, and they are doing their duty. If Mike Ashley wanted to buy Derby as much as you want him to, maybe he should have made a less rubbish offer? 

When you think back over the stuff Q has put out, and wonder why some of the bidders (not necessarily MA) have been turned down. When you wonder how surprised you will be. I think some of it IS the fault of Q.

As for MA making a less rubbish offer - Q didn't seem keen to engage with him. They preferred CK with his 3 year deal.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

When you think back over the stuff Q has put out, and wonder why some of the bidders (not necessarily MA) have been turned down. When you wonder how surprised you will be. I think some of it IS the fault of Q.

As for MA making a less rubbish offer - Q didn't seem keen to engage with him. They preferred CK with his 3 year deal.

They are turned down because their offer to the creditors is lower. That's it. They are legally obligated to get the best deal for creditors. They are doing this.