The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, CBRammette said:

Me too B4 but hinstonsboots is just having a little joke at the expense of the Boro chairman. It has a ring to it as a stadium name! How would you feel about the ground being sponsored B4? Or are you not too worried as long as we have our Derby to support?

Well I doubt mind ground being renamed as long as they keep with in ex derby player name or even if get renamed but to honor histroy still call it brain clough stadium.

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Any comment yet from Wayne on the Kircher deal?

Nightmare trying to get hold of him. Finally got through - hard to hear but he said something like ‘you utter bell ringer will you just get off my phone I’m trying to sign ...  [    ].’ and then he just hung up!  Hard to get the name at the end, flappy, bappy something like that. Anyway pretty rude if you ask me 

1 minute ago, Ram1988 said:

Ed Dawes has just posted on Twitter. "BREAKING: Derby County. That's all" . I wonder what news he is teasing?

It's just a reaction, as a Derby fan, to Forest winning on penalties. nothing more, at least in my eyes. 

10 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It's just a reaction, as a Derby fan, to Forest winning on penalties. nothing more, at least in my eyes. 

10 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Or is it that we got pp back and rooney signing new contract.

It could be just a reaction to Forest winning and I may be reading too into things. Or wanting some more good news tonight maybe like B4 says.

46 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Playing hypothetical here...

Whether 25% or 35% for unsecured, I doubt the amount to be paid to HMRC will differ. For this exercise, we'll say it's £15m. Preferential and football creditors will also get their 100% and there will be no change to the payment schedules so can be ignored when comparing the difference. We can round unsecured creditors to £5m.

Scenario 1 is him paying 25% of unsecured upfront and buying the stadium for £20m - total cost is £36.25m

Scenario 2 is 35% paid in 3 installments, rent of £1.5m per year, but remaining money is invested and yields 10%, then stadium bought after year 3 - total cost is £33.8m.

By choosing scenario 2, he'd be £2.5m better off.

I think one driver may be that CK’s wealth is largely tied up in slync.io shares. So to fund the planes and cars and football clubs, he presumably borrows against those shares ?(The company is still privately held so the shares are illiquid, so the loans are expensive.) That will all change when the company goes public but until that happens, his capital is expensive. So better for the club to rent the stadium for now. And better to pay more to creditors over a longer period first, the club’s cashflows can assist in payment. Second, if the IPO has happened by the time they need to be paid, he has a much lower cost of capital 

4 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

Why is he relying on others to buy the ground and taking 35p in the pound over THREE years, could that be because he can't afford 25p straight off.....

Ill give him the benefit of the doubt fir now, but the first time the accounts are more than a month late, Ill be on his case, thats how it started with Mel....

You are Dominic Ratcliffe and I claim my fiver

Whilst trying to decide on tonight's tipple of choice in the wines and spirits section of Waitrose tonight (went for a modestly priced 16 yr old Lagavulin with some Pinot Grig for the GF as an afterthought), I found myself absent-mindedly humming a footy chant idly composed in acknowledgement of our American brother CK, the saviour of Derby County Football Club. Got a few funny looks from the 'ladies who lunch' brigade but I think it works quite nicely. Clearly the staff did, as they were laughing their arses off, though the GF reckons they were laughing at me, not with me ?

Anyway, to the tune of Rock the Casbah...

By order of Rick Parry
They kicked us to the ground
Degenerate the faithful
Stealing every single pound
Steve Gibson they did wheel out
With his bogus football debt
Then Cowpig came from nowhere
With the shytest claims yet
But as soon as Rooney, started to fly
Us Rams began to sing….

The EFL don’t like us
Rockin the Kirschner
Rock the Kirschner
The EFL don’t like us
Rockin the Kirschner
Rock the Kirschner

Genius huh! No need to thank me though, you're welcome!

Love,

86 x

6 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

I may well be wrong but my understanding is that the difference to the Club between any potential owner paying 25p in the pound and 35p is the difference between getting hit with a 15 point penalty next season and not. Paying it over 3 years at least means those owed will eventually get more, albeit it will take longer. In the short to medium term it may also increase the tranefer budget.

Obviously the Kircher announcement overnight hasn't gone down well with you - tough!

You can pay 25p if you pay it straight away or its 35p if you spread it over 3 years to aviod -15pts.  Sorry, but this all points to a nan who wants to spend as little as possible.

It makes financial sense to pay the 25p uo front though as it erdaicates the debt straight away and will save a further 10p in the pound on all non footballing creditors.

Its the same with purchasing the ground, why pay rent on it year on year if you have the funds to purchase.  Once Derby are back on thier feet the stadium price will surely increase.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now, but, both actions seem a bit of an odd decision, costing him more money in the longer term!

Edited by RAM1966

3 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

You can pay 25p if you pay it straight away or its 35p if you spread it over 3 years to aviod -15pts.  Sorry, but this all points to a nan who wants to spend as little as possible.

It makes financial sense to pay the 25p uo front though as it erdaicates the debt straight away and will save a further 10p in the pound on all non footballing creditors.

Its the same with purchasing the ground, why pay rent on it year on year if you have the funds to purchase.  Once Derby are back on thier feet the stadium price will surely increase.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now, but, both actions seem a bit of an odd decision, costing him more money in the longer term!

Jesus H Clough! For god’ sake give over man! He's the ONLY person willing to pay an acceptable amount of someone else’s debt to acquire a club with nothing! Did you actually want the club to go under? You need to realise, there was not a long queue of rich people interested in spending money on DCFC and the sooner you negative bunch get over it, the better. Aim your bitterness where it should be aimed! 

If someone shot your dog, would you be angry with the vet that saved it’s life? No, you blame the shooter ffs! 

3 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

So your first paragraph says that he wants to spend as little as possible and your final paragraph says that his decision is costing him more money. 

Why not just give yourself a break and acknowledge that you have no idea why he is making the decisions that he is.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/league-one-promotion-permutations-wigan-win-title-who-make-play-offs-1594139

In a league with a whole host of big clubs and big fanbases, 80 points might not be enough even for a play-off berth.

For 80 points to be the high watermark required to sneak into the play-offs is extraordinary. To put it into context Oxford, who will miss out with a current tally 75 points, would have made it into the top six in each of the last 11 seasons. As it is Sunderland may need 83 to qualify for the play-offs for the third year in succession and cap a strange season at the Stadium of Light.

A quality team will be required to win promotion from league one.

The club's at the top of league one have better strikers than dcfc. Lawrence is our best striker, and he's leaving on a free.

I don't believe that players at the end of their careers and young loan players, will be enough to win promotion next season.

Coming out of administration is just the start of the journey, we might also be restricted on transfers next season by the efl.

In any case signing players in League one could be challenging with the competition for quality players in that league.

8 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Playing hypothetical here...

Whether 25% or 35% for unsecured, I doubt the amount to be paid to HMRC will differ. For this exercise, we'll say it's £15m. Preferential and football creditors will also get their 100% and there will be no change to the payment schedules so can be ignored when comparing the difference. We can round unsecured creditors to £5m.

Scenario 1 is him paying 25% of unsecured upfront and buying the stadium for £20m - total cost is £36.25m

Scenario 2 is 35% paid in 3 installments, rent of £1.5m per year, but remaining money is invested and yields 10%, then stadium bought after year 3 - total cost is £33.8m.

By choosing scenario 2, he'd be £2.5m better off.

Nixon said it was £45 m needed to avoid a points deduction. £20m for the club and £25 m for the stadium /Msd. 

of course Nixon ain’t the most reliable of sources but he does get stuff both from Kirchner and the Efl. 

do I take it I should add football creditors and insolvency expenses to your scenario figures above to get to a figure comparable to Nixon’s?

Edited by PistoldPete

38 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/league-one-promotion-permutations-wigan-win-title-who-make-play-offs-1594139

In a league with a whole host of big clubs and big fanbases, 80 points might not be enough even for a play-off berth.

For 80 points to be the high watermark required to sneak into the play-offs is extraordinary. To put it into context Oxford, who will miss out with a current tally 75 points, would have made it into the top six in each of the last 11 seasons. As it is Sunderland may need 83 to qualify for the play-offs for the third year in succession and cap a strange season at the Stadium of Light.

A quality team will be required to win promotion from league one.

The club's at the top of league one have better strikers than dcfc. Lawrence is our best striker, and he's leaving on a free.

I don't believe that players at the end of their careers and young loan players, will be enough to win promotion next season.

Coming out of administration is just the start of the journey, we might also be restricted on transfers next season by the efl.

In any case signing players in League one could be challenging with the competition for quality players in that league.

I think pretty much every team in top 6 league 1 had a goal scorer of 15 or more - Derby need Lawrence and another striker to compete I think. Need a goalscorer.