The Administration Thread

Boycie

Another thing I dont quite understand is why CK would not be prepared to take out a "mortgage" to buy the stadium? He would then own it or the Club would and pay out so much a year........All the new stadia and stands built over the last 30 years have been financed this way.....in fairness to Morris, when he bought the Club the ground was mortgaged, so why not now???

Anyone?

10 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

No. PPS would be repossessed by MSD, but it wouldn't cost Mel any more than he's already lost. 

If he sold PPS for £10m, it'd cost him another £12m to pay off MSD - assuming he owes £22m and he has not put up any personal assets as extra security. 

I thought we already knew that MM had also given a personal guarantee on the MSD loans, secured on his private properties.

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I thought we already knew that MM had also given a personal guarantee on the MSD loans, secured on his private properties.

I'm not sure we 'know' anything. There are also upto four different MSD loans out there. Not impossible that each is secured differently.

As has been discussed a lot the last couple of days, we don’t know all the facts, plenty of speculation on all sides. I know not everyone trusts his info but this is an interesting take from Nixon, suggesting Mel simply can’t afford to lose out financially here….

MSD have obviously got Mel by the short and curlies. His estimated £500 million of wealth must be down to around £25 million ( mainly the stadium value)and not getting enough for the stadium to repay MSD will likely bankrupt him ? He has gambled big time on getting the Rams into the Prem and it has nearly wiped him out financially.

Edited by hintonsboots

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

As has been discussed a lot the last couple of days, we don’t know all the facts, plenty of speculation on all sides. I know not everyone trusts his info but this is an interesting take from Nixon, suggesting Mel simply can’t afford to lose out financially here….

Ahhhhhh good old personal responsibility………..or lack there of from these types!

He’s shafted the tax payer out of millions.

Owes money to a line of companies.

Is on the verge of destroying our club.

Etc, etc

Yet it’s their own personal wealth that needs to be salvaged as much as possible while all else burns!

If this was the average person in the street, they’d be told they are scroungers and need to face up to their mistakes and responsibilities, whilst being left to rot!

22 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Really interesting development this and will see how it plays out before laying my cards on the table, but local businessmen have always thought the stadium and the area had development potential. Without a club then all the area around Pride Park gets lost. 

Ideally, I’d like a deal with the council but this is a better option than Mike Ashley

5 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

MSD have obviously got Mel by the short and curlies. His estimated £500 million of wealth must be down to around £25 million ( mainly the stadium value)and not getting enough for the stadium to repay MSD will likely bankrupt him ? He has gambled big time on getting the Rams into the Prem and it has nearly wiped him out financially.

I can’t believe that someone who was so ‘business aware’ would get in to such a situation.