The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

I just think the whole thing is a total mess and the amount of money needed to fully take over with Morris playing hardball is now too much for anybody .

No idea what the solution is now .

I am hoping it’s not liquidation 

With liquidation isn't there a period someone can do a deal with the liquidator...

3 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

If the final part of that has any truth (that Q don’t want to deal with Ashley), then they need to be investigated by the relevant authorities. They have a responsibility to the creditors to get the best deal possible- if the choice is Ashley or no deal and liquidation then they have to talk to Ashley…

Edited by Gaspode

IMO, if Ashley buys us, it will be post-liquidation. We'll be a Pheonix in League 2 with no debt, sharing a ground until MSD agree a cut price deal for PPS. Ashley will effectively get the club and the ground for less than £10m - and that is Ashley's style.

My biggest worry about that is whether we'll have to miss a season, given the 11th hour nature of all this.

2 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

If the final part of that has any truth (that Q don’t want to deal with Ashley), then they need to be investigated by the relevant authorities. They have a responsibility to the creditors to get the best deal possible- if the choice is Ashley or no deal and liquidation then they have to talk to Ashley…

Ashley would go public and create a huge row.

3 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

IMO, if Ashley buys us, it will be post-liquidation. We'll be a Pheonix in League 2 with no debt, sharing a ground until MSD agree a cut price deal for PPS. Ashley will effectively get the club and the ground for less than £10m - and that is Ashley's style.

My biggest worry about that is whether we'll have to miss a season, given the 11th hour nature of all this.

We'd be way down the pyramid though.

Surely better to buy a L1 team and get promoted higher quicker.

Just now, SaffyRam said:

Am I being thick or doesn’t Morris lose out big time if we’re liquidated?

No. PPS would be repossessed by MSD, but it wouldn't cost Mel any more than he's already lost. 

If he sold PPS for £10m, it'd cost him another £12m to pay off MSD - assuming he owes £22m and he has not put up any personal assets as extra security. 

Just now, derby8 said:

We'd be way down the pyramid though.

Surely better to buy a L1 team and get promoted higher quicker.

see you mention L2 for new team but we'd be much lower than that, new teams don't start in the efl.

The difficulty for Q I guess is that Ashley’s deal might not be as good for the creditors as Kirchner’s so they cannot progress it until Kirchner is completely off the table?

Not really sure how it works.

Not condoning it at all but I think Morris needs to prepare himself for any consequences if Derby go into liquidation. Not right but in all likelihood it will get very messy for him.

3 minutes ago, SaffyRam said:

I thought the council had said they wouldn’t let him do that.

only if Derby County needed to play there, not sure whether that would apply with a phoenix team.

2 minutes ago, derby8 said:

Sells ground for redevelopment if no team to use it.

Yeah I think the way to avoid this is the whole of Derby withhold their council tax payments if planning was approved on the pride park site. Council block any redevelopment rendering the site worthless.

Perhaps their could be some future legislation across the whole of the country to block any future planning in scenarios like this.

6 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

No. PPS would be repossessed by MSD, but it wouldn't cost Mel any more than he's already lost. 

If he sold PPS for £10m, it'd cost him another £12m to pay off MSD - assuming he owes £22m and he has not put up any personal assets as extra security. 

He’s apparently go some personal guarantees out on his other properties  too. 

Edited by DCFC27

6 minutes ago, derby8 said:

Sells ground for redevelopment if no team to use it.

5 minutes ago, SaffyRam said:

I thought the council had said they wouldn’t let him do that.

Not sure there's any value in it as a redevelopment opportunity,  there's plenty of empty developments and brownfield around Derby already without having to lay out a major cost in demolishing the grd 1st.

I also think it couldn't be developed into residential due to the contaminated grd, limiting what can be built on it anyway