The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Because whilst that is understandable, if he chose to pay a bit more this could probably have been settled months ago. So yes, it's sensible from a business standpoint, but as a Derby fan why would anyone be high on a potential owner that chose to let the club struggle to save a fraction of his wealth. 

Because it's difficult enough to make money from a football club, let alone a Club with few assets?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because it's difficult enough to make money from a football club, let alone a Club with few assets?

Not sure of the purpose of your post, I understand that on a business level it makes sense, but for fans football is a passion and therefore Ashley's cold approach to it shouldn't really endear him to any of us. Not that he'll care.

Edited by Andicis

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Not sure of the purpose of your post, I understand that on a business level it makes sense, but for fans football is a passion and therefore Ashley's cold approach to it shouldn't really endear him to any of us. Not that he'll care.

Yes I'm not sure of the point of your post either. We've had how many 'successful' years of a passionate owner/fan, ready to spend money like water. 

Edited by RoyMac5

7 minutes ago, DerbysLane said:

Let's hope he's learnt his lesson and stays off Twitter and any other media.  I don't want an owner that is constantly seeking attention.  CK doesn't strike me as the most mature of people (no offence Chris as you're bound to be reading this thread), reacts badly to criticism, the goading from fans of other clubs (or this one) or if things don't go his way.  It makes me think he'll flounce off at some point, possibly before completing the deal.

Love the fact you've called him out as immature, unable to take criticism and prone to throwing his toys out the pram if things go wrong, but then said no offence. If I were him, I'd probably reply "offence taken".

And with that, off I flounce......?‍♂️

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes I'm not sure of the point of your post either. We've had how many 'successful' years of a passionate owner/fan, ready to spend money like water. 

You replied to me Roy. The purpose of my post is to question why our fans would be keen on an owner allowing us to suffer for a cheaper deal for our perspective. You seem to have turned that to a conversation about Mel somehow.

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

That doesn't mean you then go to the opposite extreme of having someone who doesn't seem to care and spends as little as possible.

If he didn't care, why bother there's plenty of easier ways to make money - he's a billionaire.

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Actually it’s quite easy to make money when you are not paying much in wages but still have a loyal fan base. The big problem is the historic debts we have. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

You replied to me Roy. The purpose of my post is to question why our fans would be keen on an owner allowing us to suffer for a cheaper deal for our perspective. You seem to have turned that to a conversation about Mel somehow.

Because it's not his fault we are in administration that fault lies with Morris. I didn't turn it to Morris except to counter your point about how a potentially passionless owner would be bad for the Club.

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Actually it’s quite easy to make money when you are not paying much in wages but still have a loyal fan base. The big problem is the historic debts we have. 

I expect to see you buying a Club and making loads of dosh soon then Pete. ?

Edited by RoyMac5

Until we hear from EFL sources that they couldn't find a new reason to say "do this deal and we'll kick you out the league" to stop cK then we're still just hanging. Once the EFL side is cleared, or at least given some sort of conditional go ahead,the creditors still need to accept.

As a deep cynic of these things, I have a nagging feeling persons connected with Ashley might be having very informal chats with creditors to give them the message "you'd get more if you blow this deal and let big Mike get it" - sort of like Nixon sabotaging Vietnam peace talks to help get himself elected.

19 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Of course but if it's a bidding war, like buying a house, you go with a bid that ensures yours is the winning bid.

Moreover, by delaying, it's lessened the club's potential for recovering quickly.

Yeah well if Kirchner had come back sooner instead of trying to buy PNE? The Club being where it is is down to Morris and the EFL. 

I'll be mighty pleased to see CK spending some money and allowing Rooney to build up our squads. But there's a long way to go. Still if it goes wrong there's always other people interested. 

23 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Because whilst that is understandable, if he chose to pay a bit more this could probably have been settled months ago. So yes, it's sensible from a business standpoint, but as a Derby fan why would anyone be high on a potential owner that chose to let the club struggle to save a fraction of his wealth. 

Exactly what I was saying.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Until we hear from EFL sources that they couldn't find a new reason to say "do this deal and we'll kick you out the league" to stop cK then we're still just hanging. Once the EFL side is cleared, or at least given some sort of conditional go ahead,the creditors still need to accept.

As a deep cynic of these things, I have a nagging feeling persons connected with Ashley might be having very informal chats with creditors to give them the message "you'd get more if you blow this deal and let big Mike get it" - sort of like Nixon sabotaging Vietnam peace talks to help get himself elected.

I'm mostly worried about what happens when CK and the EFL sit down to talk enforced business plans.  If they go crazy harsh because we've not hit the 25% mark, I can easily see him (or anyone else for that matter) walking away, since what's the point of owning us if you have to suffer 2 more years of stagnation before you can do anything.

I'm not that worried about the creditors because the only one that really matters is HMRC, and I don't think they're that likely to be doing dirty backroom deals.  They'll just be upfront with their demands and we'll see how close CK can get.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because it's not his fault we are in administration that fault lies with Morris. I didn't turn it to Morris except to counter your point about how a potentially passionless owner would be bad for the Club.

Of course the obvious response being that clearly Mel was wasteful with his spending as Derby owner, but it's possible to care about something and yet be shrewd in the running of it. 

Nobody said it was Ashley's fault we're in admin, the point made was that I don't see why Derby fans would look favourably on the guy happy to exploit the situation so he can sniff a bargain. Again, we all understand it as a business move, but in the case of being a fan of this club I can't look at it in the detached way.

3 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Exactly what I was saying.

You said you couldn't understand posters moaning about Ashley wanting the best price. You absolutely can, it's entirely reasonable for Derby fans to be absolutely fed up of almost all of the prospective Derby owners as well as the previous one, frankly. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

...Again, we all understand it as a business move, but in the case of being a fan of this club I can't look at it in the detached way.

Fair enough.

As a fan I'm just looking for what might be the best deal for the Club. When CK shows his hand and it has money in it then I'll celebrate.