The Administration Thread

Boycie

I'm probably being dense but surely the stadium has more value in it (as long as we have a team) than the club itself? In other words why wouldn't a purchaser stump up £20m for a valuable asset? Clearing the debts against the value of the club assets is the difficulty surely. 

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'm probably being dense but surely the stadium has more value in it (as long as we have a team) than the club itself? In other words why wouldn't a purchaser stump up £20m for a valuable asset? Clearing the debts against the value of the club assets is the difficulty surely. 

Yes, I can’t believe owners wouldn’t want the stadium. Someone like Ashley surely would see it as a key part of promoting his brand plus naming rights etc…..

8 hours ago, Carnero said:

Council buying the stadium and leasing it back with a purchase options is a great idea.

We've got some weird ducking 'supporters' on here, determined to find a problem with every solution ?

100% agree. I do start to wonder about some fans myself too, determined to find problems instead of supporting potential solutions.

The Council (probably) wouldn’t use ‘taxpayers’ money to buy the stadium. They would (probably) borrow the money (just as they do to pay for any major capital works) and use revenue from rent to service the loan. I don’t know the legal or regulatory issues around such an investment, but I really can’t see Council Tax revenue being used (unless, of course, the owning of the stadium and being ‘the landlord’ cost more than the receipt). 
Still can’t see it happening though. 

24 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I still don't understand why the administrators haven't explored crowd funding to help fund the club beyond the end of the season if this rumbles on.

If it gets to the stage where the club is so desperate for money that it needs the people of Derby to fund it in addition to the tickets, etc people already buy i think we'd be better off saving our money in preparation for the phoenix club. 

We wouldnt be able to fund it for long with crowdfunding and frankly if we're at that point we'd just be sending good money after bad.

3 hours ago, Donnyram said:

He’s seemingly posted on Twitter “in time, everything will make sense in time” ?

He added in a subsequent tweet the one about going to bed with an itchy bottom.

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

If you remember the last bid from the Binnies included the stadium but was actually overall less than their previous bid....maybe the prospective buyers think that its an all in one package and the amount of cash their willing to offer SHOULD be inclusive of the stadium not as an extra.

So effectively they value the playing squad club name etc to the square root of bugger all

Edited by Tyler Durden

2 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

I still don't understand why the administrators haven't explored crowd funding to help fund the club beyond the end of the season if this rumbles on.

One of the reasons I have seen somewhere is people giving more than they can actually afford due to passion in dcfc. 

If it could make a real difference then we could discuss it (crowd fund) but in reality we (fans) would be staving off liquidation for a few weeks*. What’s the point in that case? Better putting our hard earned into Phoenix club…

*Worse than that, funding Q’s bar bill.

Edited by Dean (hick) Saunders

4 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

If it could make a real difference then we could discuss it (crowd fund) but in reality we (fans) would be staving off liquidation for a few weeks*. What’s the point in that case? Better putting our hard earned into Phoenix club…

*Worse than that, funding Q’s bar bill.

Anything better than derby county we all love and know than go bust.

13 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

One of the reasons I have seen somewhere is people giving more than they can actually afford due to passion in dcfc. 

I understand this but surley you could use the same argument about fans buying tickets when they are struggling financially, or others spending too much money in the pub. I would hope people only would give what they can afford and rich and famous fans would also get behind it and have sizable donations too.

9 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

If it could make a real difference then we could discuss it (crowd fund) but in reality we (fans) would be staving off liquidation for a few weeks. What’s the point in that case? Better putting our hard earned into Phoenix club…

If we could help fund another season surley it has to be worth it?  What figure would be a realistic target to crowd fund?

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

If you remember the last bid from the Binnies included the stadium but was actually overall less than their previous bid....maybe the prospective buyers think that its an all in one package and the amount of cash their willing to offer SHOULD be inclusive of the stadium not as an extra.

So effectively they value the playing squad club name etc to the square root of bugger all

Exactly. Which means the council buying the ground doesn't mean the buyers will still stump up £30m to pay off creditors at 25% plus football creditors etc. 

Maybe £10m for the DCFC name and goodwill plus £20m for the stadium is where they are? 

12 hours ago, Chopper said:

Pretty sure Notts' ground is Council owned, if so then we know it can happen if there is the political will for it. Although their ground is a proper tip, also if it was a cash leech then they must have tried to flog it to that fridge manget bloke or that Olympiakos fella just to get it off their books. However distasteful MM getting money is, if it removes a massive stumbling block in regards to purchasing and means we get a club to support in future then that is great. Of course we will be back to square 1 with the bids as I'm betting that any bids in so far will have factored in the stadium and will need to be rethought, resubmitted, re read over the weekend, shared with Percy and or Nicko, finer points clarified etc. etc. for about 5 more months. Who knows the Binnies or others may wander back into the reckoning again.

I'd also imagine that any new owner would want the ground, before selling the club on. It'll maximise the profits especially if we are Prem at the time, so when we are a Championship team (guarenteed) and in a safe position for the coming season (no deductions, decent squad) then the owner may feel as though they can make that extra investment. They may not want too during our current predicament. If the council buy it, if only for a short time (with a view to selling it on), then that issue can be resolved over time, whilst we can move on, move up and get a few more than 5 players on the books.

Forest own the Ground but lease the land from the Council. It`s like the Moor Farm situation with the Locko Estate.

12 hours ago, LazloW said:

The Council (probably) wouldn’t use ‘taxpayers’ money to buy the stadium. They would (probably) borrow the money (just as they do to pay for any major capital works) and use revenue from rent to service the loan. I don’t know the legal or regulatory issues around such an investment, but I really can’t see Council Tax revenue being used (unless, of course, the owning of the stadium and being ‘the landlord’ cost more than the receipt). 
Still can’t see it happening though. 

Councils are limited to the amount they can borrow by the Prudential Code regime.

Edited by Elwood P Dowd