The Administration Thread

Boycie

19 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I think there you're getting into a bit of a mess on the private vs public distinction. The analogy of someone's home doesn't quite stack up when you're using a public forum that is designed to allow for expressions of opinions.  If it was a restaurant that is purely a service industry which again is quite different to this specific example I think. There is little to no public service benefit to restaurants and no one has a direct need to enter a restaurant as it's the only restaurant in town. This is the issue with seeing forums (especially big forums such as twitter, facebook and on a smaller level this one) as merely services provided by someone. Once a platform becomes sufficiently big and influential it kind of transcends that claim. 

I didn't say it was unreasonable to ban them but I did say it's just not something I would have done.  But all this is kind of mute as I'm not the one running the show and I'm not a moderator, just one forum poster with very little to no influence. 

Fair point. Few analogies are perfect, and mine perhaps worse than most.  Always interesting to debate though. Thanks for your thoughts and for sharing them in a fair and reasonable manner. 

Stick a fork in it. It's done.

I have little to no faith that a takeover will be completed any more. Too many false promises, too many false dawns. Unless Mel *really* pulls his finger out and reduces his demands for the stadium, the proposition simply isn't worth it.

We were told the stadium wouldn't be a problem. But with Boro 'solved', what else is there?

17 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think liquidation is the only way. Who would have thought that Onechop could have been right all along.

I just don't understand why we didn't take a peanuts off for Ebosele in Jan.

Think the one offering the peanuts were down the road.  300k of them. Least he's not gone their.  Expect others might come May.

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Stick a fork in it. It's done.

I have little to no faith that a takeover will be completed any more. Too many false promises, too many false dawns. Unless Mel *really* pulls his finger out and reduces his demands for the stadium, the proposition simply isn't worth it.

We were told the stadium wouldn't be a problem. But with Boro 'solved', what else is there?

Nothing.  If he lets go of the stadium the offer we had last week would have been good enough.  Hope he enjoys his 20 million allotment the Bamford

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Think the one offering the peanuts were down the road.  300k of them. Least he's not gone their.  Expect others might come May.

True.

Apart from liquidation and AFC Derby County in the North Counties division, I just cannot see what the end game is now.

Please, someone tell me things will be OK. Surely someone knows that Quantuma are playing a blinder and us simple Derby folk just aren't getting it.

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

But your source said everything would be OK, I got p!ssed off the back of your update, I thought everything was gonna be OK ?

Same here mate. Nothings coming out at all. The longer this goes on and the longer the admins keep quiet. It’s starting to look very very dark. Think we have to enjoy the most of these last 8 games in my opinion 

22 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

True.

Apart from liquidation and AFC Derby County in the North Counties division, I just cannot see what the end game is now.

Please, someone tell me things will be OK. Surely someone knows that Quantuma are playing a blinder and us simple Derby folk just aren't getting it.

Not sure I can do that BUT it is baffling that DCFC are not seen as an attractive buy even at £50m (if that includes the Stadium). Outside of the Prem, Derby are one of perhaps a dozen teams with real potential. From the dozen, DCFC are in the top 2-3 for income generation. Of course I'm biassed  but I really can't see how we are not an attractive proposition to bring out of Admin to someone who (whatever their reason) wants to own an English team. Considering an almost certain changed football finance landscape in terms of player wages and transfer fees, I almost feel that progress is achievable within our income....Difficult but possible.

If we were for sale "debt free" the cost of buying a Club like DCFC at the moment would likely not be massively different I suspect, so I am baffled...very baffled, but because of the above, and unless there is something that is completely left field that we are completely unaware of....it's hard to see what the blockage is.

2 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Not sure I can do that BUT it is baffling that DCFC are not seen as an attractive buy even at £50m (if that includes the Stadium). Outside of the Prem, Derby are one of perhaps a dozen teams with real potential. From the dozen, DCFC are in the top 2-3 for income generation. Of course I'm biassed  but I really can't see how we are not an attractive proposition to bring out of Admin to someone who (whatever their reason) wants to own an English team. Considering an almost certain changed football finance landscape in terms of player wages and transfer fees, I almost feel that progress is achievable within our income....Difficult but possible.

If we were for sale "debt free" the cost of buying a Club like DCFC at the moment would likely not be massively different I suspect, so I am baffled...very baffled, but because of the above, and unless there is something that is completely left field that we are completely unaware of....it's hard to see what the blockage is.

The only hope I have, and it isn't a great one, is that Ashley sees this as a case of buying the stadium from Mel for 20 million (or less) and then getting Derby out of liquidation albeit in league 2.

In essence he gets a league 2 club, free from debt with the possibility of big crowds should he get things right.

I've also had a sneaky feeling that Ashley wouldn't want Rooney as manager and wouldn't want to sack him, the more players leave the more chance he walks. 

And that's all I've got.

11 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The only hope I have, and it isn't a great one, is that Ashley sees this as a case of buying the stadium from Mel for 20 million (or less) and then getting Derby out of liquidation albeit in league 2.

In essence he gets a league 2 club, free from debt with the possibility of big crowds should he get things right.

I've also had a sneaky feeling that Ashley wouldn't want Rooney as manager and wouldn't want to sack him, the more players leave the more chance he walks. 

And that's all I've got.

I guess we will have to wait and see, but I do feel you may be letting your imagination get the better of you. I hold the view that a buyer would want a fully engaged Rooney as part of the future at DCFC, but we are all pretty speculating.