The Administration Thread

Boycie

15 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Get this Maguire is not being cynical but says he thinks other clubs out there are annoyed with Derby not paying tax because they took out EFL loans to pay theirs and are still in arrears and we used Covid as a tax get out .

Well fat lot of good that did us .

The EFL wouldn’t give us a loan allegedly 

Nothing alledged about it - they said we couldn't have a loan because of the rules (that they defined) meaning we weren't eligible - and then when they were criticised for it possibly tipping us over the edge into administration, claimed we hadn't applied for one - which we hadn't because they'd told us we weren't eligible!

3 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Nothing alledged about it - they said we couldn't have a loan because of the rules (that they defined) meaning we weren't eligible - and then when they were criticised for it possibly tipping us over the edge into administration, claimed we hadn't applied for one - which we hadn't because they'd told us we weren't eligible!

100% this .

He also points out the size of out tax debt but says don’t forget Mel was putting in money to keep the club afloat which was a contradiction.

Its not  Rocket Science Kieran we had to go into ADMINISTRATION because Mel struggled to keep us afloat partly because of no income during Covid. 

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

100% this .

He also points out the size of out tax debt but says don’t forget Mel was putting in money to keep the club afloat which was a contradiction.

Its not  Rocket Science Kieran we had to go into ADMINISTRATION because Mel struggled to keep us afloat partly because of no income during Covid. 

We went into admin 6 months ago and suffered a 12 point penalty for that. 

wtf does it have to do with other clubs or Maguire for that matter what tax we pay? 

other clubs got loans to pay the tax we didn’t. So we are the ones who should be moaning. 

1 hour ago, RAM1966 said:

This is my opinion!

Going back to the sale, I think only one creditor is being awkward that the one who owns the stadium.

I'm sumising this based on unsecured creditors being about £6m, that only £1.5m @ 25%.....  Surely no buyer is going to take -15pts to save that and risk further relegation?

HMRC also appear to be accommodating from whats been said.

However to make the whole club saleable, somone needs to be realisic and realise that the club isnt worth taking on in Lg1 with £60m in debts.  Particularly with only 1/2 a first team squad.

Mel needs to get real and realise that he is going to have to take a hit on the stadium sale.  Its reported he wants at least enough to clear his debt to MSD believed to be around £25m, its not going to happen.

I cannot see anything else holding up this process and once again his poor decision making is going to cost him deatly.  Why?  I think Appleby is shrewd and will not offer above the odds, but, will want the stadium as part of the deal.  However Ashley will happily let us go bust (could be the best option right now) then buy the Stadium at a cut price offer and start at the bottom of league 2. 

If/Once we are liquidated, there  would be no way on earth that Mel is going to get anything close to £25m for a stadium with no team to play in it.  I think the council would also refuse any planning applications for change of use or demolition.

So theres a high stakes poker game being played out, Mels already all in on money borrowed against his MSD credit card, sweating in the hope that either Ashley or Appleby will call and give him the money he wants to walk away debt free.  If they fold he could be left with a hugh debt at high interest rates on a white elephant he cant actually fund.

Mel wake up and smell the coffee, you need to put your hand in your pockets one ladt time.....

If we go bust there is no guarantee that a phoenix club will be allowed to remain in the league at any level,it might be a tier or Two below league 2.

Maguire is a self-promoting rent-a-quote meddler who people give far too much credence. He is effectively an internet troll with a degree and a convincing job title that gives him an aura of credibility.

Although probably only a small part, he has nevertheless played a part in our current predicament; clearly not in terms of overspending or breaking any rules, but by stirring the pot in the first place and sticking his nose where it wasn’t needed or wanted. His constant presence in the media and his sniping from the safety of his podcast has also helped spread the false premise of the scale of our so-called ‘cheating’, escalated the general level of misunderstanding about what we have supposedly done and is the reason why many fans are still seemingly against us. He is still obviously obsessed with us and Mel. It can’t be healthy.

If we ignore him, he might go away.

Edited by LazloW

13 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

If we go bust there is no guarantee that a phoenix club will be allowed to remain in the league at any level,it might be a tier or Two below league 2.

It wouldn't be a phoenix club it would be the same club but a phoenix company.

39 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

the club isnt worth taking on in Lg1 with £60m in debts

I was confused by this. I think the plan was the buyer would pay £50m and we would exit admin debt free.

But since £50m is obviously a stretch for a div1 club, it’s quite possible some MSD debt  might roll over and/or MM might take some sort of subordinated loan   

9 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I was confused by this. I think the plan was the buyer would pay £50m and we would exit admin debt free.

But since £50m is obviously a stretch for a div1 club, it’s quite possible some MSD debt  might roll over and/or MM might take some sort of subordinated loan   

That all depends whether the creditors agree,if unsecured creditors are offered 25% HMRC will be looking and demanding more.

Totally random thought but still think jozwiak deal really strange. Why would he want to go there in world cup year? Why didnt we just sell in January or agree for him to go back home in lieu of payments then being cancelled? Just seems really strange. Sorry will go back to work now. 

1 minute ago, CBRammette said:

Totally random thought but still think jozwiak deal really strange. Why would he want to go there in world cup year? Why didnt we just sell in January or agree for him to go back home in lieu of payments then being cancelled? Just seems really strange. Sorry will go back to work now. 

He got injured in January which might have held things up. 

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Perhaps his old club didn't want him back and preferred the cash, MLS is only a few weeks into a new season and he possibly knew he had no future with us.