The Administration Thread

Boycie

21 minutes ago, davenportram said:

The deductions are for not meeting 25% as a lump sum or 35% via a payment plan. This does not need to be via a CVA.

In my last post I accepted my error and agreed it didn't need to be via CVA.

I think we're going round in circles and arguing over nothing.

I simply said we don't need the EFL's agreement to exit administration but, if our agreement with creditors (I incorrectly stated CVA) didn't meet their requirements or they didn't like our business plan they could impose further sanctions.

Am I going mad?

Edited by Tamworthram

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

In my last post I accepted my error and agreed it didn't need to be via CVA.

I think we're going round in circles and arguing over nothing.

I simply said we don't need the EFL's agreement to exit administration but, if our agreement with creditors (I incorrectly stated CVA) didn't meet their requirements or they didn't like our business plan they could impose further sanctions.

Am I going mad?

No 

3 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

I do wonder if bidders actually see a pheonix in L2 as a cheaper and quicker vehicle to the Premier League than a L1 club with ongoing liabilities, a 15 point penalty and an EFL enforced business plan.

I can't help thinking that Derby County with Ashley's money would likely get successive promotions if he was able to extricate the club from the EFL'S restrictions. 

I can also see the EFL seeing it as a show of strength - Derby County tried to cheat and look what happened. Also Derby County going bust could be used by politicians as a level for change.

It seems to me, that liquidation and re-birth could be in a lot of people's interests and might even be good for us fans...although not so much for the creditors. 

Assuming a start again in league 2 which seems a bit unlikely (too high)

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

All this talk of a phoenix club starting in League 2 if we're liquidated.

It's nonsense.

It came from a single post a few weeks ago.

A phoenix club would not be joining the EFL, probably not even the National League or the level below that.

If and it's a big if we do start as a pheonix club i'm confident it'll be in the National League, The clubs in the lower leagues will not be able to cope with our away support, H&S and all that, The Police would object as valueble recourses would be moved to those away games.

Then of course we would have to apply to the relevant FA

31 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

All this talk of a phoenix club starting in League 2 if we're liquidated.

It's nonsense.

It came from a single post a few weeks ago.

A phoenix club would not be joining the EFL, probably not even the National League or the level below that.

The guidelines suggest starting three divisions lower. We should restart in the Conference, but it's up for negotiation. 

4 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

A lot of that makes sense apart from a phoenix club being reborn in League 2. For a start as to the EFL saying it is a show of strength i doubt they would let us retain league status, the other 71 league clubs might have something to say about that.It has never been confirmed we would restart in League 2,just a suggestion. Might get a place in the conference or even a division lower. 

The discussion you are all having brings back bad memories of Coventry City.   We really thought we were gone until our white knight came in.  Pity he was riding a trojan horse.  

FWIW you seem to be in a better position than we were although as I said in the past, the ground needs to be in Club ownership.  Regards League of a Phoenix Club,  I guess there would have to be a bit of bargaining going on concerning distribution of gate receipts to the club you played?   Not sure you would be in League 2 due to the points you make.  Conference is about as far as you could go down in my view.  But as mentioned before   Coventry United is a phoenix club started by City supporters who really thought it was going to happen.  They are at the 9th Tier having taken an eternity to get there despite a very successful first few years.  Now playing several other clubs from Coventry in their league.   I think the lesson learned from that is it is better to re-start as Derby County and take the hit of playing in tier 5 or 6.

4 hours ago, Gaspode said:

But if the remaining bidders all pull out, the Admins could potentially go for liquidation before that - no point in keep spending money if no one wants to buy us as a going concern....

Good point. I guess because the funding is there I never considered it.

I've been more concerned about funding after the season end if still no PB in place. 

6 hours ago, Gaspode said:

But if the remaining bidders all pull out, the Admins could potentially go for liquidation before that - no point in keep spending money if no one wants to buy us as a going concern....

If the administrators dont get a move on all it will take is a number of creditors to apply to the high court to have us wound up and if a judge see no evidence of a proposed sale they would probably agree and take liquidation out of the administrators hands.

1 hour ago, glyn1957 said:

If the administrators dont get a move on all it will take is a number of creditors to apply to the high court to have us wound up and if a judge see no evidence of a proposed sale they would probably agree and take liquidation out of the administrators hands.

If there is no evidence of a proposed sale for the judge to see, what do you expect the administrators to do?

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

If there is no evidence of a proposed sale for the judge to see, what do you expect the administrators to do?

well i am no lawyer but the only answer to that question is simple, no buyer no sale, and every day the assets lose value possibly costing creditors cash .and unless MM gives in on the stadium we will cease to trade . I also notice no information about season tickets 22/23 tells me that the administrators are not looking to far ahead, now i understand many fans wont like the outcome but football as a business has overspent for years now and the outcome was inevitable .

5 minutes ago, glyn1957 said:

well i am no lawyer but the only answer to that question is simple, no buyer no sale, and every day the assets lose value possibly costing creditors cash .and unless MM gives in on the stadium we will cease to trade . I also notice no information about season tickets 22/23 tells me that the administrators are not looking to far ahead, now i understand many fans wont like the outcome but football as a business has overspent for years now and the outcome was inevitable .

Not sure what tangible assets we have left quite honestly, the majority of our squad will be out of contract come the summer 

34 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not sure what tangible assets we have left quite honestly, the majority of our squad will be out of contract come the summer 

The club has virtually no assets. It has the name and the golden share and some players. Most of those player will, as things stand, be leaving in the summer, stripping the club of most of the assets it has left. 

The club is all but worthless.

7 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

The club has virtually no assets. It has the name and the golden share and some players. Most of those player will, as things stand, be leaving in the summer, stripping the club of most of the assets it has left. 

The club is all but worthless.

Good sell.

It has a photogenic corner flag that hasn't been used as much as we'd've liked recently.