The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Maybe no bidder reached Administrators criteria and Ashley is playing a waiting game .

But it will be Ashley 

If they don't meet the Administrators' criteria then they'll probably also fail the EFL's conditions. In which case, we'll be thrown out of the league and Ashley will have no interest. 

So, if it is to be Ashley, what are his plans?

Spend as little as possible and just "own a football club for the sake of it" (the thing that Newcastle fans raged about) or is it "get it into the Prem, and then spend as little as possible keeping it there for the sake of having Sports Direct adverts everywhere"

Either way, and if it's someone else then fine, all that really matters is someone does buy us out of administration, deals with the clubs debts and the EFL and we can all think about the next season and season after that.

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

So you've not been following it closely but then you are close enough to it that someone has confided in you that Ashley will be taking over. Mmmm, ok, good enough.

Mate do you not remember SDSR? Absolute ITK legend. If he says Ashley’s taking over, then Ashley’s taking over. Get your Sports direct mugs lads

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Mate do you not remember SDSR? Absolute ITK legend. If he says Ashley’s taking over, then Ashley’s taking over. Get your Sports direct mugs lads

I've already apologised.

But my memory would fail any test.

When you get to a certain age, you... you ... well...I... What were we talking about?

1 hour ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Have been told tonight that the administrators are 95% confident Mike Ashley will takeover at Derby. I know this has gone on forever so that statement doesn’t mean much.

Apologies if this is already known, I haven’t been following the saga too closely recently. 

Just when I was wavering, the legend that is SDSR emerges from the forum wilderness to deliver the good news.

Good enough for me.

Thanks SDSR.

My understanding is that the admins have negotiated to a certain degree with creditors such as HMRC. So they will have a minimum amount required to satisfy them. Also a £5m non refundable deposit is required. All of this has been known for a while so if there are any interested parties still I cant see the desposit or minimum amount being an issue.

Once a PB is named & £5m is in the bank to fund the rest of the season, if the EFL say so we could maybe bring in free agents. I am assuming that will be based on any 'spare' money remaining from the £5m.

However I would think the free agents will only be able to sign until summer & no contracts of current players will be able to be extended until a new owner is actually in place. As the EFL wont allow us to extend contracts when they dont know who will be paying them, rightly so too, as some have mentioned before Wigan had a few PB fall through.

Just now, PistoldPete said:

Why does who owns the clubs have anything to do with whether we can bring players in? 

It's proof of funding far more than the takeover being finalised - being insolvant does make it hard to convince people you can pay for things. It's kind of splitting hairs but if there was an ample wedge of cash then the situation might be easier.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's proof of funding far more than the takeover being finalised - being insolvant does make it hard to convince people you can pay for things. It's kind of splitting hairs but if there was an ample wedge of cash then the situation might be easier.

If we had the deposit money that is proof that we can complete the season and pay wages which is all EFL need to know.