The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes PdP you have hit on a point here that no one else has yet mentioned. We know what the legal effect is of the articles but don’t understand what is the status of this policy. I don’t know the regulatory framework well enough to answer but if there is a basis for questioning what the EFl is saying this would be it I reckon. But their view on this doubtless reflects the views of their lawyers so I doubt it helps us

Didn’t share any of the other views in your post 

My suspicion is that the  “insolvency policy”is guidance , rather than a rule. So maybe something that Efl will use to justify why they are applying a rule in A certain way but not of great strength compared to actual insolvency law.

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

How come the EFL encouraged Boro to claim against us to stay legal action against themselves then?

I admit I missed the source for this assertion. Do we have detail as to what was actually said ?? Of is it conjecture based on vague comments in the Boro intervention decision and from Parry  ? 

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

The EFL are usually pretty good at responding but also very good at cherry picking which part of your questions they want to answer.

Im on to my 3rd e-mail asking how much Reading failed P&S by and how their points deduction was calculated in relation to ours.

Also on to 3rd e-mail asking why Boro have not been charged re their comments over DCFC systematically cheating.

They don't have to provide any information whatsoever and could politely inform you to refer your question to the administrators, it is nothing to do with anyone to be told how much Reading failed P&S  by,that should be available to see in the accounts. People are getting too carried away thinking they are "entitled" to know everything. 

3 minutes ago, chipperram said:

As an aside to all this, an indication as to how a club can have a bearing on a persons mental health is this. My dad died suddenly on 31 Jan 22 and the first time I started to feel any cheer since his death was on Tuesday night watching Derby score 3 goals. It broke the malaise.

Know how you feel mate . So much poo over the last two years with Covid and everything plus any other bad stuff in our lives . The football should be our escape from that and on Tuesday night it was duh duh duh festy  ebosele. 

now it’s back to all this legal crap which is doing my head in.

33 minutes ago, Ewetube said:

I wonder why the EFL are either unable or unwilling to respond to Rams fans seeking clarification on rules 3.5 and 4.4.

Surely that should be the easiest job in the world for a sport's governing body to provide clarity on its own rules.

I wonder if they have already secretly re-written those rules, and will pull out the updated rules, as and when it suits them ?

14 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I admit I missed the source for this assertion. Do we have detail as to what was actually said ?? Of is it conjecture based on vague comments in the Boro intervention decision and from Parry  ? 

It’s in the IDC write up. Although IDC concluded there was nothing improper about that. Maybe IDC didn’t realise how this would play out because right now it doesn’t feel right at all.

24 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

It was Rick Parry so read full conversation 

Retrospective action .

Joke right 

Edited by Curtains
Added

28 minutes ago, chipperram said:

As an aside to all this, an indication as to how a club can have a bearing on a persons mental health is this. My dad died suddenly on 31 Jan 22 and the first time I started to feel any cheer since his death was on Tuesday night watching Derby score 3 goals. It broke the malaise.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you are coping ok ?

51 minutes ago, Ewetube said:

I wonder why the EFL are either unable or unwilling to respond to Rams fans seeking clarification on rules 3.5 and 4.4.

Surely that should be the easiest job in the world for a sport's governing body to provide clarity on its own rules.

Don’t know. Were EFL unable or unwilling to respond to Gibson’s complaint to them about our conduct? 

56 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I know QPR have done allot for the victims of the Grenfell fire, but that last bit is made-up isn't it? The money is being paid to the EFL over a 10 year period (your club has tried to have the balance written-off - see below) and as far as I know the club that's been fined doesn;t get a say in where it goes?

Please provide evidence for such a bold claim.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9165339/QPR-CEO-Lee-Hoos-sends-letter-fellow-Championship-clubs-request-cut-42m-FFP-fine.html

It’s just what I was told at the time, haven’t given it to much thought until I saw it mentioned here today. I’ll ask someone who may know and get back to you.

32 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Boro and Wycombe claims are unsecured. And they are not football creditors . So why can’t they be compressed?

Presumably the EFL's argument is that these claims *might* result in football creditors, so they shouldn't be compressed.  If, for example, the claim was over something like missed transfer payments, then I assume most of us would have no problem with this attitude. The football creditor rule exists to protect football clubs and, under normal circumstances, I think it's a good rule - they don't want missed payments etc to cause ripple effects (we don't pay club X, so club X can't afford to pay club Y etc).  So there's no point allowing something that lets clubs compress legitimate football debts out of existence during admin.

The problem here is that the rule is being abused by filing nonsense claims, and the EFL rules don't have anything in place to deal with that, they just want everything funnelling into arbitration so they don't have to think about it.

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

I know QPR have done allot for the victims of the Grenfell fire, but that last bit is made-up isn't it? The money is being paid to the EFL over a 10 year period (your club has tried to have the balance written-off - see below) and as far as I know the club that's been fined doesn;t get a say in where it goes?

Please provide evidence for such a bold claim.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9165339/QPR-CEO-Lee-Hoos-sends-letter-fellow-Championship-clubs-request-cut-42m-FFP-fine.html

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44980113.amp

last paragraph seems to say that it goes towards community football projects, so I would guess that each yearly payment does go to charity rather than the EFL

39 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

23 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

It’s in the IDC write up. Although IDC concluded there was nothing improper about that. Maybe IDC didn’t realise how this would play out because right now it doesn’t feel right at all.

I'd say it was more than vague comments in the League Arbitration Panel decision document of 26th October 2020. I agree, though, that the future significance of this and Boro's involvement and influence on the EFL perhaps hadn't been considered properly.

https://www.efl.com/contentassets/c9fc5dceaa7f4b62b81dca0b9e2f7c9d/2020.10.26---decision-on-mfc-redaction.pdf

4. On 6 September 2019 MFC commenced arbitration proceedings against EFL contending that EFL had failed to take timely disciplinary action against DCFC. On 29 November 2019 MFC and EFL agreed that this arbitration would be stayed and EFL would commence disciplinary proceedings against DCFC. MFC indicated that if EFL started such disciplinary proceedings, MFC would seek compensation from DCFC pursuant to EFL Reg 92.2.5. In other words, they would apply for compensation on the back of a finding of breach by DCFC.

Edited by WestKentRam

36 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

They don't have to provide any information whatsoever and could politely inform you to refer your question to the administrators, it is nothing to do with anyone to be told how much Reading failed P&S  by,that should be available to see in the accounts. People are getting too carried away thinking they are "entitled" to know everything. 

P&S figures are not available in the accounts, so I would suggest getting your facts correct first. 

I don't think I'm entitled to know anything and not sure how the administrators would know how the EFL calculated Readings points deduction?

I asked the EFL the question and you would think that with them keen to stress that they are treating DCFC fairly that they would want to be transparent on such a matter which should clearly demonstrate they are treating all teams equally and in line with their rules.

A snippet from Wycombe Wanderers Trust meeting on the 27th Jan ( https://wycombewandererstrust.com/2022/01/trust-board-meeting-thursday-27th-january-at-7pm ):

Derby Update. NK updated that there is nothing major to reveal. Administrators, EFL, Middlesbrough and Wycombe are in discussions at present. RC feels comfortable that nothing that WWFC do will put Derby out of business. Comfortable but not confident about WWFC getting some financial recompense out of this but hopes we will. Lawyers of all 4 parties are talking to each other about how a settlement can be achieved. EFL issued a statement today, which is attached to these minutes at the end.

NK advised that RC has told EFL and Administrators that if his physical presence is needed here he will immediately fly over to talk to whoever within 24 hours of being asked if it helps to get things resolved.

TS suggests listening to RC’s interview on Radio Derby (the link can be found on the Trust website).

AC said given claim and desire of fans he is disappointed we did not send out a Trust statement as official supporters trust. NK made a decision in that when the Derby Supporters Trust statement came in there was little to say apart from that we are talking to people. Do not want the WWFC Trust to get into a slanging match with the Derby Supporters Trust and, while their comments were reasonable if we responded, then we could become embroiled in discussions. The Trust could put a statement out at a later date if the Trust Board feel it appropriate. Trust Chair is in direct contact with RC on this issue.

6 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The Rick Parry podcast says it all really 

I’m surprised this hasn’t been picked up more to be honest.

Media has gone very quiet this week leading into the Boro game.

Got to admit I’m starting to get quite concerned that there will be trouble somewhere, Boro will play the victims to the press and we lose some of the support Rooney, the players and the fans have built up in recent weeks. Don’t particularly want to give the ‘if you are a fan who’s going and you read this…’ thing, but all I can say is we need to be smart now and think about the consequences.

Make sure they’ve wasted every single penny they’ve spent on extra security and whatever else.