The Administration Thread

Boycie

What all football fans need to ask is do you want all leagues to become bi-annual. We have a year of football then a year of litigation to adjust the placings based on who did what.

This is what is coming if claims such as there are allowed. Feel the EFL might rue their interchangeable fixture list idea this summer as there could be lots of teams involved. 

7 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes I saw this language in the minutes and it puzzles me a lot. Not least because I believe it’s inaccurate to refer to the statutory waterfall - the EFl status does not impact on the waterfall, instead it determines what penalties might subsequently arise under EFl rules if FCs take a haircut. I hope I’ve not misunderstood. The Wolves case from 2011 is interesting on this, because there the problem was avoided because FCs had a makewhole from third parties, ie not from the insolvent estate. A nifty ruse that finesses the tension between the EFL rules and the statutory waterfall. I don’t think that tension is a new thing. 

So obviously the creditor ‘status’ is very important but without knowing the outcome of the dispute the buyer has half a loaf. Not least because they have no idea about quantum, and because given the prominence these claims now have, any buyer is going to ask  “well what other claims of this sort are there ? “

I am really hoping that a substantive hearing is being fast tracked.  If one is, I believe we win hands down and the FC issue turns into an ghost that haunts Gibbo relentlessly for the rest of his days 

I'll be surprised if there haven't been private discussions with the two parasite clubs to get an idea of the true figures theyre claiming for. Identifying the status then gives the bidders an idea of the risk and the maximum cost to buy the club.

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'll be surprised if there haven't been private discussions with the two parasite clubs to get an idea of the true figures theyre claiming for. Identifying the status then gives the bidders an idea of the risk and the maximum cost to buy the club.

I’m sure you’re right that there have been discussions on this. But this doesn’t offer a solution unless (possibly) the claims are paid off by third parties eg MM or the City. Because:

- the admins have no money to pay off the claims and anyway their legal advice on the merits precludes them from paying them off except in peanuts 

- HMRC is (possibly) saying “we’ve done a deal with you but that deal is contingent on no other creditors doing better than we do (so Gibbo needs cramming down)

- all the signals are that it’s unlikely a buyer will pay enough to avoid liquidation if the claims remain. And are there other clubs that could claim in future ?

26 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes I saw this language in the minutes and it puzzles me a lot. Not least because I believe it’s inaccurate to refer to the statutory waterfall - the EFl status does not impact on the waterfall, instead it determines what penalties might subsequently arise under EFl rules if FCs take a haircut. I hope I’ve not misunderstood. The Wolves case from 2011 is interesting on this, because there the problem was avoided because FCs had a makewhole from third parties, ie not from the insolvent estate. A nifty ruse that finesses the tension between the EFL rules and the statutory waterfall. I don’t think that tension is a new thing. 

So obviously the creditor ‘status’ is very important but without knowing the outcome of the dispute the buyer has half a loaf. Not least because they have no idea about quantum, and because given the prominence these claims now have, any buyer is going to ask  “well what other claims of this sort are there ? “

No Way Wtf GIF by HarlemTom Cruise What GIFAaron Paul What GIF by Breaking BadSteve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Rams Trust minutes specifically refer to needing the creditor status specified, rather than the size of the claim.

"The reason it is key to ascertain whether either claim ranks as a football creditor or not is because it impacts on where they rank as creditors within the payment waterfall from administration"

Surprised nobody has mentioned this before....they probably would have been shot down and accused of antagonising the EFL with an inappropriate topic title or something though I guess.

31 minutes ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

What all football fans need to ask is do you want all leagues to become bi-annual. We have a year of football then a year of litigation to adjust the placings based on who did what.

This is what is coming if claims such as there are allowed. Feel the EFL might rue their interchangeable fixture list idea this summer as there could be lots of teams involved. 

What all football fans need to ask is that their chairman dosent act like an arrogant fool and think he can break every rule in the book and piss off all the other chairman who can then change the rules to hang him and destroy their club!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, David said:

Surprised nobody has mentioned this before....they probably would have been shot down and accused of antagonising the EFL with an inappropriate topic title or something though I guess.

Isnt that the reason why the EFL has the Football Creditor status a  Football Creditor is first on the list for payment and payment is, payment in full. 

My veiw is Boro and WW cannot be a creditor as they have not extended credit to Derby, their claim might be a liabilty within the accounts

48 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I am really hoping it is a substantive hearing that is being fast tracked, one that addresses the claim itself not the FC issue.  If one is, I believe we win hands down and the FC issue turns into a ghost that haunts Gibbo relentlessly for the rest of his days 

Sounds like we need Brian Cox on the case to sort things out. 

2 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Isnt that the reason why the EFL has the Football Creditor status a  Football Creditor is first on the list for payment and payment is, payment in full. 

My veiw is Boro and WW cannot be a creditor as they have not extended credit to Derby, their claim might be a liabilty within the accounts

You are correct. Although some are led to believe that...

Football Club = Football Creditor.

Which just isn't true. I heard Article 48 or something clears this up and shows they are not football creditors.

5 minutes ago, David said:

Which just isn't true. I heard Article 48 or something clears this up and shows they are not football creditors.

Who is going to represent us at the Tribunal?

2 minutes ago, David said:

The problem is and has been all along that the EFL won’t determine on Boro/Wycombe because they say they have to look after all their clubs not just Derby County .

They may think the Boro case has no validity but they are afraid to determine on it as they allegedly didn’t enforce their own rules on Derby and therefore could leave themselves open to lawsuits 

22 minutes ago, David said:

I suspect that this is why Q is said to be planning to go to the High Court if needs be following arbitration. If the claims fail at arbitration there won't be a need. But if a claim is held against DCFC, they will want a court to rule on where the claim should stand on the creditors list because the EFL will undoubtedly 'rule' that it is a football debt and must be paid in full.

In case we do manage to pull off the impossible and survive all this. Can we please add Boro to our official list of rivals? Checking their forum, complete bunch of ***** and *********, hopefully what goes around, comes around. Wonder if they will fail FFP anytime soon?

Edited by DerbyRam!

1 hour ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

And god help any minnows  daring to win an  fa cup tie against  one of the big teams !they will be sued for bumpy pitches! 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

I am really hoping it is a substantive hearing that is being fast tracked, one that addresses the claim itself not the FC issue.  If one is, I believe we win hands down and the FC issue turns into a ghost that haunts Gibbo relentlessly for the rest of his days 

I have said this before Kevin. Once the Boro and Wycombe claims take a haircut then the Lap can only award them the amount they have lost less any statutory reductions already applied. 

so Efl rules apply to the debts when they fall due…  but by the time they fall due they will  have already been reduced. So the due payments are net of the haircut. 

58 minutes ago, David said:

I think that is right………. Minutes came across as highly “politically correct” and very carefully written