The Administration Thread

Boycie

I'm not sure that interview with Parry is the smoking gun that a lot of people are saying.

Boro accused the EFL of not applying the rules correctly and threatened to sue them if they didn't. EFL backed down/agreed with them and applied their rules.

None of that is unreasonable I'd say. If the EFL disagreed that the rules weren't being enforced they could have called Gibson's bluff and allowed them to sue, as it wouldn't have got anywhere in court anyway.

Did Derby break the rules? There's been resubmitting of accounts and points deductions, so if there's an argument to say we didn't break rules, that ship has sailed now.

All I would say is, we've accepted the punishment and that's the amortisation issue dealt with. Harshly in my opinion, but that's not relevant to the two claims brought by Middlesbrough and Wycombe. Those need dealing with as a grievance, and the EFL needs to do that immediately. If they conclude that there's a football creditor in either case, we're dead and the EFL knocks the final nail in their own coffin, as it becomes open season on any team that ever failed FFP or will do in the future. 

1 minute ago, glyn1957 said:

I was wondering if a judicial review was possible with the courts setting aside the two claims to be dealt with at a specified date after the takeover was complete.

If the claims are to be dealt with at a later date, there's no take over.

They either have to be dismissed or met, or the claims need to be transferred to the EFL.

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

We can apply for injunction to stop Efl expelling is from the League.

It's these particular EFL rules though:

95.1        Membership of The League shall constitute an agreement in writing between The League and Clubs and between each Club for the purposes of section 5 of the Arbitration Act:

95.1.1    to submit those disputes described out in Regulation 95.2 to final and binding arbitration in accordance with the provisions of the Arbitration Act and this Section of these Regulations;

95.2        The following disputes fall to be resolved under this Section of the Regulations:

95.2.1    subject to Regulation 95.3 below, disputes arising from a decision of The League or the Board (‘Board Disputes’);

(95.3 is irrelevant here). So as a condition of our membership, we've agreed that all disputes over decisions by the league should go through arbitration, and kicking us out of the league is definitely one of those.

3 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

It's these particular EFL rules though:

95.1        Membership of The League shall constitute an agreement in writing between The League and Clubs and between each Club for the purposes of section 5 of the Arbitration Act:

95.1.1    to submit those disputes described out in Regulation 95.2 to final and binding arbitration in accordance with the provisions of the Arbitration Act and this Section of these Regulations;

95.2        The following disputes fall to be resolved under this Section of the Regulations:

95.2.1    subject to Regulation 95.3 below, disputes arising from a decision of The League or the Board (‘Board Disputes’);

(95.3 is irrelevant here). So as a condition of our membership, we've agreed that all disputes over decisions by the league should go through arbitration, and kicking us out of the league is definitely one of those.

I quickly skimmed that and read your last 'point' as part of the EFL Regs! ? Well it seemed possible!

28 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

And yet again they have agreed to talk to another fans group today.

They told Ramstrust yesterday they would update us all yesterday, yet another failed deadline.

As much as I want updates, there are 11 days left and if the updates with MPs is anything to go by, not enough progress is being made.

Instead of meeting fan groups, they need to get on the bloody phone yo Gibbo and the little American fella and sort it out.

To be fair, didn't they say they would update us within 24 hours? That doesn't mean yesterday.

Below is what i found but may not be of any help to us as is states public bodies.

Judicial review is a type of court proceeding in which a judge reviews the lawfulness of a decision or action made by a public body. In other words, judicial reviews are a challenge to the way in which a decision has been made, rather than the rights and wrongs of the conclusion reached.Judicial review is a type of court proceeding in which a judge reviews the lawfulness of a decision or action made by a public body. In other words, judicial reviews are a challenge to the way in which a decision has been made, rather than the rights and wrongs of the conclusion reached.Judicial revliew is a type of court proceeding in which a judge reviews the lawfulness of a decision or action made by a public body. 

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

I'm not sure that interview with Parry is the smoking gun that a lot of people are saying.

Boro accused the EFL of not applying the rules correctly and threatened to sue them if they didn't. EFL backed down/agreed with them and applied their rules.

None of that is unreasonable I'd say. If the EFL disagreed that the rules weren't being enforced they could have called Gibson's bluff and allowed them to sue, as it wouldn't have got anywhere in court anyway.

Did Derby break the rules? There's been resubmitting of accounts and points deductions, so if there's an argument to say we didn't break rules, that ship has sailed now.

All I would say is, we've accepted the punishment and that's the amortisation issue dealt with. Harshly in my opinion, but that's not relevant to the two claims brought by Middlesbrough and Wycombe. Those need dealing with as a grievance, and the EFL needs to do that immediately. If they conclude that there's a football creditor in either case, we're dead and the EFL knocks the final nail in their own coffin, as it becomes open season on any team that ever failed FFP or will do in the future. 

There is no way that Efl can come out of this well. 

Gibson’s claim was about the stadium sale, not the amortisation issue. So he was pressurising us to be done for something where we did nothing wrong. 

if we did break the rules on amortisation then the notes to the accounts flagged that policy up in 2016 so why didn’t they act then? 

otherwise we carry on with our financial budgeting thinking we are within the rules when we are not.

Trust me Gboro , Efl are in big trouble on this. 

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So again, how? 

Where do we start. Where do we push?

I wish I had an answer Roy, My legal brief is this, I spent a lot of time in the Dock, I have Solicitors I can go to free of charge(Retiered Union Member)Q are far and away more knowledgable than most on here, I would have thought they would have looked at every possible angle to get through this, And a good guess(imo)is they have had legal council advising on what if any they can do.

It's now not only a case of looking after the creditors, It's also looking after 10s of 1000s of people, If this goes tits up because of 4 parties, Q, EFL, and 2 parasites heaven only knows what the outcome will be with the 10s of 1000s of people.

I still have faith this will come to a conclusion, May not be what we all want, As long as DCFC come out the other side, A future could be had.

A final note, After DCFCs results I always looked for the red dogs, They're pretty irrelevant now, It's the parasites I look for ?

2 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Not read everything, but seem to be lots of meetings between politicians, business leaders [sic], the EFL, the administrators, Boro, Wycombe and so on. All good stuff… but when will anybody have any time to do any actual work!? (much like me checking twitter and this forum every two minutes!)

I know what you mean.

Meetings that could've been an email.

An email that should've been between the actual involved parties....

Sigh.

Doing what we can do being better than doing nothing is the driving force for all the external actions.

4 minutes ago, glyn1957 said:

Below is what i found but may not be of any help to us as is states public bodies.

Judicial review is a type of court proceeding in which a judge reviews the lawfulness of a decision or action made by a public body. In other words, judicial reviews are a challenge to the way in which a decision has been made, rather than the rights and wrongs of the conclusion reached.Judicial review is a type of court proceeding in which a judge reviews the lawfulness of a decision or action made by a public body. In other words, judicial reviews are a challenge to the way in which a decision has been made, rather than the rights and wrongs of the conclusion reached.Judicial revliew is a type of court proceeding in which a judge reviews the lawfulness of a decision or action made by a public body. 

EFL is not a public body.

It's a private organisation.

13 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Just more a pondering question (and I’m hungover enough to not know whether it’s sensible), but could the city council end up suing the EFL here or is that not possible?

Of course it's possible, Ist what are they sueing for, 2nd do their legal team think they have a case?