The Administration Thread

Boycie

23 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Paddy Power.

For the benefit of @Sheff Ram: this is not a joke. Admin on the Boro forum (and apparently a reliable source) said he had spoken to Gibson and he had laid out the rationale for the figure and it was based on bookies odds of promotion and forecast earnings. Absolute gibberish. 

It’s up to you to decide if that guy is making it up or Gibson really is that demented. But it’s the only explanation I’ve seen floated. 

Presumably the submissions from all parties that the EFL has requested will include official explanation of Boro’s full argument and figures. Doubt that will be made public though. 

22 minutes ago, DanDan said:

There was a very brief segment on ITV news this morning saying the admins will release a statement today and funding had been sorted for the season. Can’t find it anywhere, don’t know if anyone else heard it or if it’s been mentioned on here ?‍♂️

I hope that is true. I really do. The last few days have been hell.  

15 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

As @Ghost of Clough said, it would be good to see a time line  of this whole saga with appropriate quotes from the the EFL during the whole process.

Remember this started with Mel trying to level the playing field by skirting around FFP issues by smart business practice. (not defending him) There were no rules in place against what we did with amortisation. They were signed off as OK for three years. After Mcguires intervention we got hauled before the EFL and found guilty of a communication breech only. We got a £100k fine. They were "disappointed" and appealed. Etc etc etc. 

I have a strong sense of fair play but what has happened, including the embargoes and everything else needs laying out fully so those trying to help us understand just how corrupt the EFL are. 

Agree 100%.  This is my major concern about the MPs getting involved - they won't or don't understand the history here and the key detail of how we've been treated and there's a risk the lovely people at the EFL will just blind them with their usual B/S. 

I'm sure there's people on this forum who have it all captured somewhere - anyone? Now the MPs / Government are involved it's the sort of thing we, as fans can again help to influence.  Presenting it to the likes of Tracey Crouch for example.  Just provide the facts, no personal comments.  Highlighting, as you did, such phrases as "disappointed" clearly show a bias.   It may or may not help Derby but it will certainly help all other clubs and go toward holding the EFL to account.  I've been impressed with @DCFCBAWT - is this something they could help facilitate?

I don't think anyone denies what Mel did. But what we do want is just to be treated fairly and everything we've experienced over the past two years shows otherwise. 

52 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Gibson has the right to make whatever claim he wants too. From the EFL statement it’s has been going down the arbitration route (not court as insolvency rules don’t allow it) for 12 months.  I think the claim is tosh but he has the right to make it and I don’t understand why it hasn’t been sorted or the EFL wasn’t involved earlier. 

anything to do with Villa or anyone else is irrelevant. It about Middlesbrough and Wycombe. As Wellington once said publish and be damned. Publish the claims, let’s see what they have.

re the EFL they need to agree a consistent story as they keep getting it wrong. Independent Regulator please sports minister 

I agree with the last sentence. 

EFl were saying only last few days they couldn't intervene in Boro and Wycombe issue. Now it seems they are. What took them so long? 

I don't agree that anyone can jus make any old claims up. The sort of thing brings football into disrepute. The Wycombe guy if anything is worse than Gibson which is saying something. 

23 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

The EFL can make all of this go away in an instant - they can simply say they were too harsh on Derby over the amortisation which was clearly legal but cloudy and change the punishment from minus 9 points to a suspended minus 9 points and with that statement the issues between Middlesbrough and Wycombe fold. The politicians and the government might let the EFL survive following that

please forward to mr Rick Parry 

True but let's say that happened, you'd have the relegated teams like Cardiff, Reading and Hull filing legal disputes because they believe we did break rules over amortisation.

It just goes to show how ridiculous the claims by Boro and Wycombe are, the rules need to be changed to state no club can sue another club, the EFL or any individual based on hypotheticals following a decision.

I have no doubt these threats are a stalling tactic, Boro know they are not going to get 45m there are two scenarios here, they get no money because the case is dropped or they get no money because Derby County FC is no more.

If these were to stand where does it end? If an offside goal kicked us out of the play-offs or an offside goal causes us to be relegated would this allow us to sue the EFL or the club that scored said goal due to loss of potential earnings? No! but if they allow cases like the ones we have now against us to stand it would allow even more hypothetical court cases in the future. 

Edited by Retro_RAM

3 minutes ago, scout's dad said:

Could anyone go on the East Midlands/Central area for GMB and go through it and see if they can find it. I would but I live in West Midlands 

Then go on your roof and turn the Arial for a signal to the Waltham thingy

12 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I agree with the last sentence. 

EFl were saying only last few days they couldn't intervene in Boro and Wycombe issue. Now it seems they are. What took them so long? 

I don't agree that anyone can jus make any old claims up. The sort of thing brings football into disrepute. The Wycombe guy if anything is worse than Gibson which is saying something. 

You can make any claim in any court, if it’s tosh then it gets thrown out. Gibsons is tosh so should be thrown out

2014/15
Middlesbrough vs Bournemouth - Bournemouth failed 14/15 FFP, Middlesbrough missed out on autos

2015/16
Ipswich and Cardiff vs Derby and Sheff Weds - DCFC and SWFC failed periods comprising of the 15/16 season, taking playoff places off Ipswich and Cardiff

2016/17
Leeds vs Sheff Weds - SWFC failed a period comprising of the 16/17 season with Leeds missing out on the playoffs
Blackburn vs Birmingham - BCFC failed a period comprising of the 16/17 season, finishing the season just 2 points above Backburn who were relegated

2017/18
Barnsley and Burton vs Reading and Birmingham - Reading and Birmingham failed periods comprising of the 17/18 season, finishing 3 and 5 points above the relegated sides
Preston vs Derby - DCFC failed a period comprising of the 17/18 season, taking a playoff place off Preston

2018/19
Rotherham vs Reading - Reading failed a period comprising of the 18/19 season, finishing 7 points above relegated Rotherham
Bristol vs Derby - DCFC failed a period comprising of the 18/19 season, taking a playoff place off Bristol City

2020/21
Sheff Weds vs Derby - If Derby's points deduction was applied to 20/21, SWFC would have stayed up due to DCFC not putting the effort in to stay up on the final day 

Have I missed any?

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

2014/15
Middlesbrough vs Bournemouth - Bournemouth failed 14/15 FFP, Middlesbrough missed out on autos

2015/16
Ipswich and Cardiff vs Derby and Sheff Weds - DCFC and SWFC failed periods comprising of the 15/16 season, taking playoff places off Ipswich and Cardiff

2016/17
Leeds vs Sheff Weds - SWFC failed a period comprising of the 16/17 season with Leeds missing out on the playoffs
Blackburn vs Birmingham - BCFC failed a period comprising of the 16/17 season, finishing the season just 2 points above Backburn who were relegated

2017/18
Barnsley and Burton vs Reading and Birmingham - Reading and Birmingham failed periods comprising of the 17/18 season, finishing 3 and 5 points above the relegated sides
Preston vs Derby - DCFC failed a period comprising of the 17/18 season, taking a playoff place off Preston

2018/19
Rotherham vs Reading - Reading failed a period comprising of the 18/19 season, finishing 7 points above relegated Rotherham
Bristol vs Derby - DCFC failed a period comprising of the 18/19 season, taking a playoff place off Bristol City

2020/21
Sheff Weds vs Derby - If Derby's points deduction was applied to 20/21, SWFC would have stayed up due to DCFC not putting the effort in to stay up on the final day 

Have I missed any?

Add this to the time line of events I was on about and we have a very compelling case.

Just now, Woodley Ram said:

Quoted by the EFL

I don't think that is what it said?

"Middlesbrough FC commenced its claims against the Club over 12 months ago in arbitration proceedings, the framework for which is set out in EFL Regulations. The EFL is not a party to those proceedings and nor does it have a role in determining the outcome of them. As the arbitration proceedings are private and confidential, we are unable to provide any further detail. "

Commenced them. That was when they were thrown out by the LAP. Doesn't say they are continuing.

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Have I missed any?

QPR vs us in the playoff final, (Unless you're just doing the last 6 seasons).  You can probably go through individual results as well, if you really wanted to - any team that's dropped points against a team that's overspent could theoretically have a case.

If you're really going for it, then it's my understanding that Villa massively overspent (a loss of ~£70m in the season they went up), but managed to argue that enough of that was exceptional items (and thus not counted against FFP) to squeeze under.  If everything can disputed in a LAP then why not start picking at that too. 

Edited by duncanjwitham