The Administration Thread

Boycie

The way i see it is you can see where boro are coming from although i think its the efl that is at fault for failure to punish Derby quickly enough . Gibson cant go for 45million as he has no way of proving they would have gone up . What we prob do owe them and its a way out is the gate receipts from the play off legs thats it end of . The wycombe one for me is more complicated . Gibson is looking rather bad that he is pushing for this and actually could send Derby into liquidation if  some owner like Ashley doesnt have the balls to save us and take them on in court . Its clear to me now their is a real chance we could disappear.  

14 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

The problem is not a legal one. My understanding is that legally we can get a restructuring agreement and walk away from the claims.

The problem is that it supposedly breaches EFL rules so they won't allow us to remain in the league if we follow that route. It then effectively removes the restructuring plan as an option because no bidder will actually fund the restructure without the golden share.

So I guess this is where the fan/political pressure comes in to try and get the EFL to back down a little and allow the restructuring without the removal of the golden share?

The ones that are in the right in all of this is Derby county its fans and i hate to say it but gibson is right . 

The ones that are wrong is the efl and mel morris and its they that should be punished . The efl for allowing the accounts and this dragging on so not being punished in the correct year . Mel morris how does he get to walk away from this and let a new owner or dcfc pick up the tab for his failings or they go bust . Its just incredible morriss is looking more like a dodgy car dealer than an extremely wealthy clever man . 

7 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

The way i see it is you can see where boro are coming from although i think its the efl that is at fault for failure to punish Derby quickly enough . Gibson cant go for 45million as he has no way of proving they would have gone up . What we prob do owe them and its a way out is the gate receipts from the play off legs thats it end of . The wycombe one for me is more complicated . Gibson is looking rather bad that he is pushing for this and actually could send Derby into liquidation if  some owner like Ashley doesnt have the balls to save us and take them on in court . Its clear to me now their is a real chance we could disappear.  

We don't owe them a penny. And I can't see where he's coming from. He had years of parachute payments which we had no chance to compete with and threw the money away. That's on him.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We don't owe them a penny. And I can't see where he's coming from. He had years of parachute payments which we had no chance to compete with and threw the money away. That's on him.

That has nothing to do with it im afraid in a court of law and tou need to understand that .

3 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

The ones that are in the right in all of this is Derby county its fans and i hate to say it but gibson is right . 

The ones that are wrong is the efl and mel morris and its they that should be punished . The efl for allowing the accounts and this dragging on so not being punished in the correct year . Mel morris how does he get to walk away from this and let a new owner or dcfc pick up the tab for his failings or they go bust . Its just incredible morriss is looking more like a dodgy car dealer than an extremely wealthy clever man . 

Are you for real? Gibson is right? To pursue Derby but not Bournemouth for example from previous season? With fans like you…..

2 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

No. Gibson is wrong. 

He tried this argument to insert Boro into the stadium valuation case and the LAP finding was that there definitely wasn’t a direct causal link between our finances and their failure. He’s putting forward the same case. Just because the money he’s moaning about us having is from our amortisation rather than stadium sale, he’s still claiming our extra finance = the reason Boro missed out, which has been disallowed. 

So - no culpability. And that’s before we consider the fantasy calculations he’s used to determine their loss. 

1 minute ago, Eatonram said:

Are you for real? Gibson is right? To pursue Derby but not Bournemouth for example from previous season? With fans like you…..

Did Bournemouth beat boro by just 1 point while over spending . I havent checked but if thats so then yeah your correct . And yeah im dcfc through and through but the fact is gibsons claim has merit but not to the tune of 45m and sending Derby bust . The only way out of this is for Derby to pay the gate receipts from the play offs or cease to exist . With that in mind and i hate saying it i would pay that and move on .

10 minutes ago, Andicis said:

If Gibson thought he would have a chance winning in “a court of Law” he would have started proceedings. He hasn’t. He just leaves the threat there to delay the admins. 

18 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

So if they're "coming from" a point of principle, how does that square with the "point of principle".in 2015 with Bournemouth. 

2015, a club found guilty of ffp breach, fined, but were promoted having secured automatic promotion over, er, Middlesbrough. Claim from MFC....none.

2 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Did Bournemouth beat boro by just 1 point while over spending . I havent checked but if thats so then yeah your correct . And yeah im dcfc through and through but the fact is gibsons claim has merit but not to the tune of 45m and sending Derby bust . The only way out of this is for Derby to pay the gate receipts from the play offs or cease to exist . With that in mind and i hate saying it i would pay that and move on .

No Bournemouth denied them a realistic chance at Automatic promotion a few seasons before by taking four points off them when breaching FFP. 

I think it's clear that the latest obstacles put forward to the takeover are almost purely down to malice and spite on the part of Boro, Wycombe and the EFL. 

21 pts and embargoes I can understand, but this is motivated by spite.

I don't have the tables to hand but I wonder if a club would have finished higher in L1 than Wycombe in 2020 when they came up on a technicality? Might be a court case there. 

1 minute ago, Eatonram said:

No Bournemouth denied them a realistic chance at Automatic promotion a few seasons before by taking four points off them when breaching FFP. 

Then agreed i didnt know that . Then if this is correct Ashleys lawyer's in a court room would make gibson look silly . But again the failure of Ashley or any of the others to take us over while knowing this , surely they do is unbelievable.  If they want they can give Derby the 7 million prove there viable to end if season the takeover happens and they say see you in court to gibbo . I cant understand why they dont take the gamble a Derby in prem would repay all of this esp if sold on which Ashley would prob do . 

6 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Why isn’t Gibson going after Villa too then? Same season, same claim.

He’s purposely going after Derby because of Morris, is it really worth liquidating a club for the gate receipts of two play off games?

The EFL need to learn from this and stop clubs overspending and getting away with it through promotion.

11 hours ago, Ramos said:

I think when the board of the EFL has its members sitting on it, most things can be brought back to a conflict of interest. Like the fact Stephen Pearce was on it for ages.

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I believe he was removed by request of the board from anything to do with Derby.

Yes he would have been.  It's in their rules (Which they rigidly adhere to at all times... yes siree... you betcha...), and would/should kick in automatically.

Frome the latest EFL Statement:

QUOTE:
8. Is there a conflict of interest at EFL Board level? What involvement do all Board members have in decisions relating to Derby County?

Any EFL Board members conflicted on any matter do not take part in any discussion and are asked to leave the meeting. In addition, any Director who is conflicted does not receive any board papers in respect of the conflicted matter. The position on whether any director is conflicted is reviewed on a meeting-by-meeting basis. At present there are two Board Directors conflicted in respect of the matter with Derby County and as such do not participate or engage in any of the decisions. 
UNQUOTE

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

And Gibson has sued him before over Ziege.

Ziege is what is being used as the stated case for why the claims are footballing debt. The EFL rules include transfers but there are two issues with the Ziege. 1, it’s not a transfer. 2, it’s not a proven debt.

it’s the first I have heard that Middlesbrough started to go down the arbitration route 12 months ago. If so why don’t we have a conclusion yet and why haven’t the EFL got involved earlier. 

re the takeover I don’t see why anyone in their right minds would agree to pay a potential future debt that hasn’t proved to be a debt. However this is a red herring if the preferred bidder takes over the club and Derby incur a debt as owners then they are liable. 

i would love to see the details of the claims  and Derbys response. 

this is easy to clear up, let the club be bought and then settle the issue at arbitration. The claims should not be a reason for stopping the takeover.

re the EFL, they don’t help themselves with mixed messages such as we have met 2 owners, no we haven’t ……..also they need to accept that the current issues are a collateral effect from their dictate’s. 

we really need an independent and professionally staffed regulator 

19 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Don't worry @Eatonram , I think  @NottsRammy is really just a red dog just lurking & posting on here to wind people up. Just look at the way he phrases & words his posts again.......

16 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

If Gibson thought he would have a chance winning in “a court of Law” he would have started proceedings. He hasn’t. He just leaves the threat there to delay the admins. 

That is the crux of the matter, would be great if a prospective new owner called his bluff......