The Administration Thread

Boycie

The Middlesbrough and Wycombe cases are the problem let’s be honest and I assume the 2 bidders are anxious to take the club on with then hanging over it. Unless it’s because Ashley has yet to bid for the club I don’t know. What else can be the hold up as naming a preferred bidder is only just the start and still more to come and we are having g trouble just naming a preferred bidder 

Am I the only one who thinks this is actually logical from the EFL and was probably a planned meeting for a while. If we said that we had enough funds to get us through to the end of January, it's only right that if we haven't got the preferred bidder deposit yet that the EFL ask where the money is coming from to recruit if we haven't sold any players either? 

SmartSelect_20220114-124524_WhatsApp.jpg

Edited by r_wilcockson
Edit

2 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Even the administrators have succumbed to the gypsy curse.  We are an incredibly patient group of fans but it has now crossed a line.

We were given a little hope by WR yesterday, I doubt that he would have gone behind the Admins and fed us some cryptic info, They MUST have told him something for him to look a little chuffed.

I'm not getting in a tizz until something official is told either by BAWT or Ramstrust

Just now, Rammy03 said:

Let's be honest though no one actually believed they were going to name the preferred bidder today and everything was going to start moving. I mean I certainly didn't. We've been here so many times over the past two years, I just knew it.

I believed. The administrators believed. 

1 minute ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

How can a contract that has a week to run be cancelled the day before a game? How have we gone from expecting a contract to be extended to one being cancelled? I’m baffled.

It's very odd. I can't see it's a money saving thing - if it's a contract, then I assume we pay him anyway.  Maybe we save a bit on appearance fees etc, but I imagine we're probably paying that to someone else instead anyway. Maybe he's asked to be let go if he's been told we can't renew his contract? Not sure that entirely makes sense either though.

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

It's very odd. I can't see it's a money saving thing - if it's a contract, then I assume we pay him anyway.  Maybe we save a bit on appearance fees etc, but I imagine we're probably paying that to someone else instead anyway. Maybe he's asked to be let go if he's been told we can't renew his contract? Not sure that entirely makes sense either though.

It’s just pure vindictiveness isn’t it? It’s the only scenario that makes sense.