The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Bristol City and EFL: “Discussions are still being held to establish whether forecast transfer revenue can be included, along with ticket sales, as an “add-back”, with City to seek independent auditors and transfer experts to determine the full figure, which is deeply subjective.”

Using auditors to determine a notional (ie fantasy) loss of ticket revenue and player sales that they want EFL to include in their profit/loss calculation for FFP. How convenient.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-ceo-sends-message-6477092.amp

Bloody hell, that's a bit "Enron"! You can't possibly predict future player sales revenue!

Lets not forget we are supposed to pay Lech Poznan anywhere between 1 and 2 Million next month. They will know about that but whether we have it or not is a different question - surely to have that money relies on the new buyers to come in.

The only caveat for me is any incoming funds from player sales made in the past years.

11 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Lets not forget we are supposed to pay Lech Poznan anywhere between 1 and 2 Million next month. They will know about that but whether we have it or not is a different question - surely to have that money relies on the new buyers to come in.

The only caveat for me is any incoming funds from player sales made in the past years.

That’s ok my predicted sale blue of Kamil is £50m using the Bristol forumula ooo la la 

Well today is almost over, which leaves Thursday and Friday for the preffered bidder to be announced or Wayne is going to look a right burk.

I was as confident as ever after he so confidently said he will be there at Saturdays game knowing who the bidder is and hopefully having signed a player.

I am betting that if there is no movement by tomorrow lunch time Rosenior will be on pre and post match interviews and nothing will be mentioned about the takeover. Just lots of Liam saying how much he loves Wayne.

4 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

I appreciate your knowledge on this iram, but I find your following comment unlikely

"Rams Investment Ltd is nothing to do with MSD. [agreed]  It was the Company used by Gabay when he was apparently lending Mel money. [agreed]The charges have been satisfied [agreed] and are no longer of import [definitely not agreed]."

If the charges were satisfied in 2020 (tided up much later I believe but as you will know from your experience sometimes Land Registry paperwork follows as an afterthought), where do you think Mel got the money to do this, if not from MSD? Against a background of COVID and an unravelling financial position? I mean it's only guesswork on my part it's true but isn't it the most likely explanation? 

I have no idea what the explanation is; I haven’t got a clue where Mel has his money invested or what he does with it. The same can be said about my wife. All I can add is that I am as confident as I can be in saying that it highly unlikely either Gellaw, the Club or my wife currently owe Henry Gabay any significant money.

Edited by i-Ram

11 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Well today is almost over, which leaves Thursday and Friday for the preffered bidder to be announced or Wayne is going to look a right burk.

I was as confident as ever after he so confidently said he will be there at Saturdays game knowing who the bidder is and hopefully having signed a player.

I am betting that if there is no movement by tomorrow lunch time Rosenior will be on pre and post match interviews and nothing will be mentioned about the takeover. Just lots of Liam saying how much he loves Wayne.

The optimistic statements Rooney made  are ridiculous if nothing transpires this week. 

Why does the preferred bidder need to be announced this week otherwise impending doom?

The latest update confirmed short term funding in place until preferred bidder, and that we’re able to extend contracts and even bring in a player. It’s becoming clearer to me the delay is the result of Ashley getting involved, surely that’s prudent of the administrators to drive up bidding to ensure a better chance of negotiating with creditors. 

Surely the update we want is on contract extensions, a signing and chances of retaining the current squad where it makes sense to do so.

5 hours ago, Alty_Ram said:

Wow... other EFL clubs finances turn out to be in a total mess. Who knew right ? Here was me thinking that it was just evil cheating Derby when they manage to take a break from seal clubbing and drowning kittens...

…and felling forests?

44 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I have no idea what the explanation is; I haven’t got a clue where Mel has his money invested or what he does with it. The same can be said about my wife. All I can add is that I am as confident as I can be in saying that it highly unlikely either Gellaw, the Club or my wife currently owe Henry Gabay any significant money.

She has told me though. ?

23 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Why does the preferred bidder need to be announced this week otherwise impending doom?

The latest update confirmed short term funding in place until preferred bidder, and that we’re able to extend contracts and even bring in a player. It’s becoming clearer to me the delay is the result of Ashley getting involved, surely that’s prudent of the administrators to drive up bidding to ensure a better chance of negotiating with creditors. 

Surely the update we want is on contract extensions, a signing and chances of retaining the current squad where it makes sense to do so.

Ohh...we have to be careful not to upset the Other Championship Clubs otherwise they'll get Gibbo to call Parry and set the cat amongst the pigeons....

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If it’s the preferred bidder who has promised Rooney assurances to sign a player, he’ll be named on Saturday and Rooney turns up to the match………..and nothing happens “Wayne is going to look a right burk”.

If it’s the administrators who have promised Rooney can sign a player, name the preferred bidder and given Saturday as a deadline ……….and nothing happens “Wayne is going to look a right burk”

if you believe that Rooney has been given these assurances and nothing happens this weekend then I’m afraid that “Wayne is definitely going to look a right burk” and could decide he’s had enough………………and I wouldn’t blame him one bit!

Edited by Old Spalding Ram

19 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

If it’s the preferred bidder who has promised Rooney assurances to sign a player, he’ll be named on Saturday and Rooney turns up to the match………..and nothing happens “Wayne is going to look a right burk”.

If it’s the administrators who have promised Rooney can sign a player, name the preferred bidder and given Saturday as a deadline ……….and nothing happens “Wayne is going to look a right burk”

if you believe that Rooney has been given these assurances and nothing happens this weekend then I’m afraid that “Wayne is definitely going to look a right burk” and could decide he’s had enough………………and I wouldn’t blame him one bit!

And actually, the way you have written your post is better than what I have done, because YES, Rooney will look a burk, but only because he had been made to look one.

I'm hoping he is on interview duty and tells it like it is.

50 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

It could just mean Rooney is being fed either inaccurate, over optimistic or damn right wrong information and not for the first time if passed interviews and then resulting delays in takeovers is anything to go by.

Surely to God the admin team didn't allow Rooney to speak to the media blind on Saturdat, bearing in mind we were on Sky. Very foolish of them if so. They would he given him the distinct impression this week was the week. Ashley didn't phone up Saturday morning and declare his interest.

I suspect Rooney is constantly asking for updates and chasing the admin team and they are telling him what he wants to hear, I can imagine Hoskins and t'other one would find Rooney an intimidating figure.

My worry is, IF (and its a big if) they are feeding him balony, what are they feeding us, and I suspect it wouldn't be Filet steak.

38 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

And actually, the way you have written your post is better than what I have done, because YES, Rooney will look a burk, but only because he had been made to look one.

I'm hoping he is on interview duty and tells it like it is.

I hope he concentrates on the match - the other stuff he has no control over