West Bromwich Albion (H) Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I've always been under the impression that refunds have always been available right up to kick off, for match day tickets, whatever the reason (which you don't have to give them), and whether the original game has been moved/postponed/closed to public or not.  (The latter may well be auto refund.  Any other reason, you'd have to specifically ask for a refund).

If you can get to the ticket office, there's no need to "offer my tickets to someone on the internet, at face value, as I can't now make it to the game".  Just take them back and get a refund.  Today, tomorrow, or an hour before kick off!

Same applies to moving seats (to sit with other friends/family etc)... subject to seat availability, of course.

Needs checking of course, as I'm just a bloke on the internet... and apologies if I'm wrong!  ?

You can't get a refund for anything other than a cancelled game, certainly not now. I purchased a couple of tickets earlier in the season (but after we went into admin) for the wrong game. I asked if I could get a refund or exchange them for vouchers to use on the game I actually wanted to buy them for, but was told it's not possible.

I know I've had refunds for the odd ticket in the past so may have just been a recent thing.

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You can't get a refund for anything other than a cancelled game, certainly not now. I purchased a couple of tickets earlier in the season (but after we went into admin) for the wrong game. I asked if I could get a refund or exchange them for vouchers to use on the game I actually wanted to buy them for, but was told it's not possible.

I know I've had refunds for the odd ticket in the past so may have just been a recent thing.

I've just checked... you are 100% correct.  ?

Apologies for my incorrect info... although I'm almost certain my previous post was relevant and correct, in years gone by.  I'm sure I got a refund about 3 hours before kick off once, as a family member was unable to attend... unless my rubbish memory is more rubbish than I feared!  

?

7 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

So if it’s cancelled we can get refunds for single tickets?

21 minutes ago, Maharan said:

Games in Wales to be played behind closed doors from the 26th. I wouldn’t be surprised to see England following suit.

On past record, not until the horse has bolted. 

I saw a report regarding research on transmission earlier today and it suggested that large, well ventilated venues are fairly low down on the risk register : smaller, enclosed spaces where people are closer together are the highest risk. Not that I expect the government to take any notice of the science. 

13 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I saw a report regarding research on transmission earlier today and it suggested that large, well ventilated venues are fairly low down on the risk register : smaller, enclosed spaces where people are closer together are the highest risk. Not that I expect the government to take any notice of the science. 

Don’t disagree, but I guess it’s down to the perception of allowing tens of thousands to gather, especially if they are planning on further restrictions in other sectors. 

im not saying I disagree or agree, just thought I’d let the forum know 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Whilst I agree this makes sense with regards to the match itself, surely the number of people taking public or shared transport to and from the venues, plus the copious drinking in overcrowded pubs and concourses has to be factored in? 

I have always felt my home matchday experience at least is fairly low risk as we arrive by private car, don't go to the pub and spend a bare minimum of time in the concourse. 

But for many that "matchday experience " is very different. 

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

Whilst I agree this makes sense with regards to the match itself, surely the number of people taking public or shared transport to and from the venues, plus the copious drinking in overcrowded pubs and concourses has to be factored in? 

I have always felt my home matchday experience at least is fairly low risk as we arrive by private car, don't go to the pub and spend a bare minimum of time in the concourse. 

I think that’s a really good point. The risk probably comes from the whole day experience. 
I’m not advocating any moves to play games behind closed doors, but it doesn’t really look good if you’re attempting to restrict social gatherings in some settings, but allowing tens of thousands to gather in sports venues. I think it’s looking gloomy I’m afraid 

20 minutes ago, angieram said:

That's why putting tighter restrictions on behaviour in pubs and on PT make more sense than simply closing stadiums. You could apply that to Stadium concourses too. It's just a case of having the will to do it and the will to enforce it. I love the social aspect to matchdays, but would I forego that if it meant DCFC survived? Of course I would.

2 minutes ago, Crewton said:

That's why putting tighter restrictions on behaviour in pubs and on PT make more sense than simply closing stadiums. You could apply that to Stadium concourses too. It's just a case of having the will to do it and the will to enforce it. I love the social aspect to matchdays, but would I forego that if it meant DCFC survived? Of course I would.

Me too! But it's easy for me to say as that aspect of the day isn't important to me.

20 minutes ago, angieram said:

Me too! But it's easy for me to say as that aspect of the day isn't important to me.

Fully agree, I've never been to a pub on matchday, and I've been going since 1974! I'm certainly partial to a beer, but when going to the game its not a thing. What I'm hearing about about away games is actually putting me off going away unfortunately.

hope Rooney will stay with a back 3. Play to your strengths, and we have them. Hard to choose between Forsyth and Stearman. Would be good to give Stearman some game time. Wing backs - Williams not great last time out but I think he should have another chance. Byrne or Joz on the right?  Hard to say, Joz likes that position and it's not like we need Byrne's crosses and Shinnie can take the corners. As for creative midfielders, Bird clearly needs to start but it's a shame Rooney did not persevere with Watson, he is the one with the killer pass.  Would like to see him on the bench and when Bielik is back he might shine. Can't deny Tommo a start so Knight probably needs to play out of position again though it's becoming hard to remember what his position is.  Festy and Tom pressing forward is not a good starting line up - each combines poorly with others, our fluency suffers and we concede possession. Festy is - right now - a super sub. The traditional coin should be tossed to decide who is in goal. Heads Allsop wins tails Roos loses. Plange needs to be a menace in the box - he has made a good start. And against this lot he and Knight and Tom(mo) need to coordinate a strong high press, something we have failed to do in living memory 

Basically the team picks itself.