Cardiff City (A) Matchday Thread POSTPONED

Inverurie Ram

44 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

So we could be forced to start a game with McDonald, Williams, Plange, Stretton, Cashin, Hutchinson, Aghatise, Watson, Thompson etc... (not saying they're not good players, but you can't start with an entire team of them).

And there's no mention of staff either.  I assume Rooney's comment about the medical team being wiped out means they've all got COVID.  Surely we can't start a game without physio's - are we supposed to borrow some for a game or something?

It looks that way, though we've had Saturday's game called off and QPR have had 2 consecutive games called off, so perhaps it's a bit more complicated than that.

16 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

FEFL don’t seem to give a flying duck about health and safety of their members. they  and their pathetic rules are not fit for purpose in this day and age

Absolutely insane rule. You have to play as long as you can field a squad of 14 potentially made up of mostly u23’s. Meaning you may only have 3 on the subs bench and it could be none of the subs are goal keepers. 

27 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Cardiff’s a good weekend away and at Christmas you should still have a good time.

She who must be obeyed says she’d like to go, so it looks like we’re going,  Christmas market is supposed to be nice and the light show in Bute park is in front of our hotel if they are not cancelled, so we’ll just make the most of it, not football though is it?

19 hours ago, Foreveram said:

For a normal kick off time the walkabout is usually quite lively but I’ve checked and it’s not open till twelve but would be ok Friday night.

Close by are two Wetherspoons the prince of Wales and the great western just below the millennium stadium  which open at seven and eight O’clock respectively which should be early enough for most people ?.From there it’s about a thirty walk to the ground.

7am! There is no way on earth that I would be getting to see any football that day! 

But, it might increase my chances if feeling happy and merry at 2.30. (and there's a joke about needing the dentist there as well)

55 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Absolutely insane rule. You have to play as long as you can field a squad of 14 potentially made up of mostly u23’s. Meaning you may only have 3 on the subs bench and it could be none of the subs are goal keepers. 

How did we ever manage all those years ago with only one sub!? World has gone soft!!

14 minutes ago, dabber said:

How did we ever manage all those years ago with only one sub!? World has gone soft!!

Good point but we didn’t have to play with so many players unavailable at the same time and it would be unfair for one team to only have three on the bench, with potentially none of them being a goal keeper, whilst the opposition had a full compliment (maybe not valid in our case if Cardiff have the same problems).

3 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

I'm sorry to hear that.

I book a lot of hotel nights for work (50+) and wouldn't entertain making a non-refundable booking nowadays, even though they are sometimes considerably cheaper.

Yes, but we're cheapskate pensioners so we always take the cheapest option! 

We could have moved booking but no idea when to move it to. Will probably be a midweek fixture too.

3 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Problem is you can’t make decisions if those above you aren’t making decisions either. The thought that having tens of thousands in a stadiums right now doesn’t seem right at all and that’s before considering the players. 

New variant or not, a proper winter break should have be being enforced on this season with more midweek games in warmer months 

Although against winter breaks in principle,  it might make sense to build one in for the next couple of years. After all, they can do it when there's money to be made (World Cup).

23 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

We have probably saved money by not having to travel.

Do we actually get any income from away league matches?

Ah, fair enough. I was more thinking if we have a run of games called off but it’s good news that the away matches won’t hurt us. I didn’t know we don’t make money from away games.