Cardiff City (A) Matchday Thread POSTPONED

Inverurie Ram

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Mmm, we can't get a refund on our hotel and meal, so it looks like a quiet overnighter in Monmouth for us! 

I'm sorry to hear that.

I book a lot of hotel nights for work (50+) and wouldn't entertain making a non-refundable booking nowadays, even though they are sometimes considerably cheaper.

Edited by Grumpy Git

Just now, angieram said:

Mmm, we can't get a refund on our hotel and meal, so it looks like a quiet overnighter in Monmouth for us! 

I have three nights in Cardiff booked, if I cancel I lose one night as deposit. I don’t know whether to lose the deposit and not go or just take the three day break. My wife wants to go but she’s not driving or paying and presumably the game will be played at some point so we will have to come down again. It’s not easy being a superfan ?

5 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I thought the EFL would have forced us to honour the fixture or forfeit the 3 points, are they going soft ??

Perhaps they care more about the teams involved in the other four games that have been postponed (so far) and even they realised it would be seen as picking on us. 

Also, it says "Covid-19 cases within both clubs squads". Perhaps we could both forfeit the three points to each other. ?

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Perhaps they care more about the teams involved in the other four games that have been postponed (so far) and even they realised it would be seen as picking on us. 

Also, it says "Covid-19 cases within both clubs squads". Perhaps we could both forfeit the three points to each other. ?

Rock Paper Scissors on zoom

1 hour ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I can’t see it going ahead tbh. For the sake of the fans these decisions need making far sooner. The PL at the minute is a farce. 

Problem is you can’t make decisions if those above you aren’t making decisions either. The thought that having tens of thousands in a stadiums right now doesn’t seem right at all and that’s before considering the players. 

New variant or not, a proper winter break should have be being enforced on this season with more midweek games in warmer months 

Revised EFL Covid protocols contains this guidance on minimum available player requirements :

Clubs will be expected to play where it has 14 players including a goalkeeper available from the Club’s registered squad list, Under 21 players not on the squad list but have played one League match, or any other contracted player not on the squad list but otherwise would have been eligible to play. The EFL will assist Clubs in their deliberations.

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/december/efl-statement-covid-19-update/

So we could be forced to start a game with McDonald, Williams, Plange, Stretton, Cashin, Hutchinson, Aghatise, Watson, Thompson etc... (not saying they're not good players, but you can't start with an entire team of them).

And there's no mention of staff either.  I assume Rooney's comment about the medical team being wiped out means they've all got COVID.  Surely we can't start a game without physio's - are we supposed to borrow some for a game or something?

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

I have three nights in Cardiff booked, if I cancel I lose one night as deposit. I don’t know whether to lose the deposit and not go or just take the three day break. My wife wants to go but she’s not driving or paying and presumably the game will be played at some point so we will have to come down again. It’s not easy being a superfan ?

Cardiff’s a good weekend away and at Christmas you should still have a good time.

52 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Revised EFL Covid protocols contains this guidance on minimum available player requirements :

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/december/efl-statement-covid-19-update/

FEFL don’t seem to give a flying duck about health and safety of their members. they  and their pathetic rules are not fit for purpose in this day and age