End the season now on PPG

Lander

2 minutes ago, Lander said:

With the recent outbreak of the new covid variant along with increasing restrictions, I wonder how much potential there is for this to happen.

That’s my wishful thinking done for now.

I’m sure the Rotherham owner wouldn’t have any argument with that. 

30 minutes ago, Lander said:

With the recent outbreak of the new covid variant along with increasing restrictions, I wonder how much potential there is for this to happen.

SO is our points total 1 point from 21 games so 2 points at the end of the season, or 22 from 21 games, so 46 less 21  or 25 points. Either way the result is the same for the Rams I think.   

47 minutes ago, Lander said:

Oh i think we should go further than that.

Relegation and promotion decided by drawing straws. Over a zoom meeting.

11 hours ago, Lander said:

Deleted 

Edited by alexxxxx

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

That was the method used against Macclesfield in 19/20

Really, so they multiplied their points deduction? That's absolutely revolting, if true. 

Anyone with half a brain could work out how many points over the course of the season then minus any deductions from that. Anything other than that is absolutely sadistic. 

Anyway, on us, IF the grounds shut again then we are dead. Derby County will no longer be an entity. We may end up that way anyway, but this really would leave no doubt. 

31 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Really, so they multiplied their points deduction? That's absolutely revolting, if true. 

Anyone with half a brain could work out how many points over the course of the season then minus any deductions from that. Anything other than that is absolutely sadistic. 

Anyway, on us, IF the grounds shut again then we are dead. Derby County will no longer be an entity. We may end up that way anyway, but this really would leave no doubt. 

I may have got it wrong but I don’t think it was quite as bad as that. However, I think Macclesfield should have avoided relegation.

According to my understanding:

Macclesfield “earned” 36 points but then had 17 deducted taking them them down to 19. There were relegated on a ppg basis which, seems reasonable. However, only 37 games were completed (80% of the season). Therefore, it would have seemed fairer to me to pro-rata the points deduction as well. If they had then 14 points would have been deducted meaning they would have finished level with Stevenage but with a better goal difference. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Therefore, it would have seemed fairer to me to pro-rata the points deduction as well. If they had then 14 points would have been deducted meaning they would have finished level with Stevenage but with a better goal difference. 

I don't think points deductions are over a season, but a single moment in time

We are currently on P21 W4 D10, so 22pts "earned".

We have been deducted 21 points with immediate effect, but in reality, that minus 21 should not be (fully) effective until the end of the full season.  What should be showing... in my opinion... is the points deduction on a game by game basis, thus 21 points (deducted) from 46 games, being 0.4565pts per game.

So, 21 games in, as we are now, should show 22pts earned on the pitch, less (21 games x 0.4565 per game) 9.5865.  Rounded to the nearest whole (10pts in this case), our current standing should show us on 12pts (with a further 0.4565pts to be deducted as each game is completed).

All moot if the season gets completed of course, as those minus 21 will then tally... but only then! 

Any other method is unfair, unjust, unsporting, and unfossiliferous!  OK, maybe not the latter, but what a lovely word, all the same!

?

Edited by Mucker1884
= plus a closed bracket comes up as a smiley face! !