Our young guns

jono

Whatever this season brings I can’t help but feel all warm and gooey inside every time we kick off. 

Bogle and Lowe have long gone but they were a good start. Now, when I see the long long list of youngsters who over the last 12/18 months got a baptism of fire and met it with commitment and skill; I am filled with hope and delight.

so many, even in this short time, have shown they aren’t lightweight kids thrown in to a desperate mincer. They have skill, fortitude and ability. They  have stepped up with ease.

Watson, Williams, Thompson, Knight, Bird, Ebesole, Buchanan, Cashin, Sibley, Stretton. Just look at that list ! 

Anyone of them can and will wear our shirt and give a good account of themselves. They have reached the mark at a young age. They are at the beginning. At this stage of their development they will only get better .. it’s a heck of a list from one club .. to produce virtually a full team from your own toy box in such a short stretch of time is magical. Manchester United make much of their youth development with 100 x our resources. Rooney, Daz Waz and even Mel must get a salute for being part of this. Then add in Curtis, Fozzy, Colin and Jags .. what great examples they are setting. .. These kids will win something, this year, next year or 5 years down the line. 

It may sound strange but I am enjoying this battle against the odds because I am seeing character, courage, growing skills, enthusiasm, pride and sport prowess of the highest order. It is hugely rewarding and just joyful to see it. 

We are Derby 

Edited by jono

8 minutes ago, jono said:

Whatever this season brings I can’t help but feel all warm and gooey inside every time we kick off. 

Bogle and Lowe have long gone but they were a good start. Now, when I see the long long list of youngsters who over the last 12/18 months got a baptism of fire and met it with commitment and skill; I am filled with hope and delight.

so many, even in this short time, have shown they aren’t lightweight kids thrown in to a desperate mincer. They have skill, fortitude and ability. They  have stepped up with ease.

Watson, Williams, Thompson, Knight, Bird, Ebesole, Buchanan, Cashin, Sibley, Stretton. Just look at that list ! 

Anyone of them can and will wear our shirt and give a good account of themselves. They have reached the mark at a young age. They are at the beginning. At this stage of their development they will only get better .. it’s a heck of a list from one club .. to produce virtually a full team from your own toy box in such a short stretch of time is magical. Manchester United make much of their youth development with 100 x our resources. Rooney, Daz Waz and even Mel must get a salute for being part of this. Then add in Curtis, Fozzy, Colin and Jags .. what great examples they are setting. .. These kids will win something, this year, next year or 5 years down the line. 

It may sound strange but I am enjoying this battle against the odds because I am seeing character, courage, growing skills, enthusiasm, pride and sport prowess of the highest order. It is hugely rewarding and just joyful to see it. 

We are Derby 

Not seen Cashin but all the rest have looked good when I have seen them. 

32 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Not seen Cashin but all the rest have looked good when I have seen them. 

I just saw the one highlight .. where he came late in to the box like a seasoned centre half of old and banged a bullet header in.  He just looked so right in strength, positioning, timing and execution that in my fevered Roy of The Rovers imagination I have decided he is going to be a legend .. somewhere between Harry McGuire and Bobby Moore 

14 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Saw Cashin pre-season at Notts County. Very impressive - some will say he’s a tad short for a CH but he’s every inch a natural footballer.

Looked up - he’s actually 6’ 1 so taller than he looked at Notts County; I think because he is stocky with low centre of gravity, has a very bright future in the game.

36 minutes ago, dabber said:

Just watching the U23's at Arsenal and could easily add Plange, Dixon and Robinson to your list

I just pray we can keep them together through this storm. These lads could be very special. It isn’t one stand out it’s the feeling that it’s a team 

2 hours ago, jono said:

I just saw the one highlight .. where he came late in to the box like a seasoned centre half of old and banged a bullet header in.  He just looked so right in strength, positioning, timing and execution that in my fevered Roy of The Rovers imagination I have decided he is going to be a legend .. somewhere between Harry McGuire and Bobby Moore 

Not too bad then eh?

1 hour ago, angieram said:

It was never 5-1 to the Rams. We came back from 2-1 down.

Sorry. I misread the report when they said it was 2-1 , I thought it was Rams who were 2-1 up.  Still, scoring five goals in one match! When did the senior team last do that against anyone leave alone Arsenal ?  

14 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Sorry. I misread the report when they said it was 2-1 , I thought it was Rams who were 2-1 up.  Still, scoring five goals in one match! When did the senior team last do that against anyone leave alone Arsenal ?  

Yes, was a great game going forward, for which we paid the price a bit defensively. Was a bit like watching a McClaren team! 

5-0 v Hull, 2017?

12 hours ago, jono said:

Absolutely! That’s also about as much of him that I’ve seen too but I love him already (think he did some funny Twitter/Instagram posts too when he was bored). 

Reminds me of Micheal Johnson in stature, perhaps a little short but makes up for it in width!