Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

19 hours ago, Eddie said:

Looking for an away game for hollibobs (Scarborough was fantastic weather a few months ago) - Sussex at Hove, August 29 - September 1 looks likely. 

Hove's a really nice ground and Derbyshire are reasonably competitive there (I'm not going to Durham again). The hospitality for County Championship is reasonably priced as far as I recall.

I'm thinking about Hampshire or Somerset in the 1 day cup as I've been to most of the other grounds we're playing at.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wayne Madsen scoring 44 not out to pick Joburg Super Kings off the bottom of the table to qualify for the semi finals.

JSK taking a leaf out of the Manchester Originals book, don't play Madsen and lose games, then play him and realise he should have been playing from the start 😂

Edited by jimbo jones

• 2 weeks later...

So Graham Lloyd is our 4-day captain - will he score enough runs himself is my only concern there?

Samit Patel is the one day captain - obvious choice in my eyes.

Any rumours on who the second overseas will be?

44 minutes ago, rammieib said:

So Graham Lloyd is our 4-day captain - will he score enough runs himself is my only concern there?

Samit Patel is the one day captain - obvious choice in my eyes.

Any rumours on who the second overseas will be?

David Lloyd 👀

He’s probably not going to score du Plooy’s volume of runs, but he will get his share, helped by going back into the middle order here rather than opening the batting out of necessity at Glamorgan the last couple of years.

Nothing yet. With the T20 world cup running around the same time as T20 blast, it’s probably making things a bit awkward. I much prefer getting a player for the whole season but wouldn't be surprised if it's several players for short stings this season.

“Tickner will be with Derbyshire from the start of the 2024 season until July 4, and will be available for a period which includes nine County Championship games, as well as eight Vitality Blast fixtures.”

As suspected, I think it will be a number of overseas players in blocks throughout the season.

I like the Tickner signing, made his international debut last year, and can bowl 90mph 😄

Really boosted the bowling ranks with Amir, Chappell, Connners, Brown, Aitchinson, plus the medium pacers and spinners. We need to win games to challenge for promotion, and do that we need to take 20 wickeys, something we've rarely looked like doing the past couple of seasons.