Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Back to virtually minor counties standard, SO disappointing 😢 We haven’t really been competitive in any game so far.

I'd say we were competitive against Glamorgan, but they're down in the basement with us 😬

Interesting point from peakfan on his blog, all the players that have come through the academy system have disappeared from the team and the worst performance in a while was served up.

Sussex are the prime example of being at the bottom and building (and sticking with) young players. Both Sussex and Leicestershire have surpassed us and look far better teams since Mickey Arthur took over.

Almost seems like all the eggs are in the T20 basket, in which case qualifying for the knockout stages becomes a minimum requirement.

51 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

A couple of wickets and a 64 not out by young Harry Moore for the seconds as they beat Durham.

Got my hopes really high for that lad, only for him to inevitably go and sign for Kent or someone 😭

Notts most likely. What changes for the next game?

19 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Notts most likely. What changes for the next game?

I dunno, they've tended to migrate south recently….Critchley, Qadri, Du Plooy.

They have to find a way to strengthen the batting. I don't like Lloyd opening, he should stay at 3, bring back Came or put Wagstaff in and stick with them.

A big part of the “reasonable success” in 2022 (other than Masood’s brilliance) was Dal scoring significant runs and taking wickets, a look at his last 8 games shows its all dried up. Whiteley has been playing well in the seconds, so I wonder if it's worth giving him a go.

I did see a good point on Twitter (amazingly 😂). We have a lot of talented stroke makers in the batting line-up but no-one who really grinds out consistent runs, like a Chris Rogers or even Billy Godleman at his best. We are definitely missing that sort of batter who can knit it all together - hence the collapses we keep seeing.

IMG_5761.png

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Time for a change:

Came

Reece

Lloyd

Madsen

Donald (WK)

Wagstaff

Whiteley

Thompson

Moore

Tickner

Pavillion

Ooh la la, ringing the changes. I don’t hate it, but I’d probably keep Guest with the gloves, but I don’t want him batting higher than 6.

Interesting line up for the seconds against Leicestershire.

Almost a first team…cetainly some players playing to try and find some form who’s places are under threat.

Decent knock by Lamb.

IMG_5816.png

41 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Squad for game against Northants

No place for Harry Came after he scored 150 for the seconds which I'm a bit disappointed about.

Think it 2 from Dal, Whiteley, Conners, and Chappell.

IMG_5864.jpeg

Yes, Came really unfortunate not to play. Tickner a doubt because of his wife’s illness. Dal must be on his last chance before being rested. Can Whiteley bowl a few overs if needed. Interesting choices to make.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yes, Came really unfortunate not to play. Tickner a doubt because of his wife’s illness. Dal must be on his last chance before being rested. Can Whiteley bowl a few overs if needed. Interesting choices to make.

I believe Whiteley has bowled a fair amount in the seconds games.

Team is in and its Whiteley and Dal both playing, with no spinner in the team. 

Certainly, a move to bolster the struggling batting lineup, I do wonder if bringing in Whiteley had already been decided and Dal saved his place with his unbeaten century in the seconds game.

IMG_5870.jpeg

44 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Team is in and its Whiteley and Dal both playing, with no spinner in the team. 

Certainly, a move to bolster the struggling batting lineup, I do wonder if bringing in Whiteley had already been decided and Dal saved his place with his unbeaten century in the seconds game.

IMG_5870.jpeg

Need a couple of wickets….

5 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

If Blair Tickner doesn't get a wicket from this opening spell of bowling it will be a travesty.

Worryingly Chappell already conceeding runs as the first change.

Chappell looks well past his best