Madsen

Lamb/Donald

Lloyd

Dal

Thompson

Chapell

Conners

Amir

Out of those 12, 8 are genuine bowlers, there’s a lot of different ways you can set a team up with those players. 

If Lamb is fully fit and bowling he has a better chance to be in the team, if not he misses out.

10 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Out of those 12, 8 are genuine bowlers, there’s a lot of different ways you can set a team up with those players. 

If Lamb is fully fit and bowling he has a better chance to be in the team, if not he misses out.

Not sure we need all of those bowling, think we need a batsman to fill the void in runs from Du Plooy’s departure in the middle order. Are Lamb or Donald good enough for that role 🤔

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not sure we need all of those bowling, think we need a batsman to fill the void in runs from Du Plooy’s departure in the middle order. Are Lamb or Donald good enough for that role 🤔

I think Lloyd is the Du Plooy replacement and Donald the Haider replacement. Lloyd won't match Du Plooy’s runs, but hopefully will be a much better captain

With Reece and Lloyd bowling options, I don't think you need Amir, Chappell, Conners, Dal, and Thomson all playing.

I’d still like a quality overseas spinner if we can get one.

On 30/09/2023 at 16:35, jimbo jones said:

I think Lloyd is the Du Plooy replacement and Donald the Haider replacement. Lloyd won't match Du Plooy’s runs, but hopefully will be a much better captain

With Reece and Lloyd bowling options, I don't think you need Amir, Chappell, Conners, Dal, and Thomson all playing.

I’d still like a quality overseas spinner if we can get one.

Looks like a decent line up but then I always think that! I do think that Amir, in spring conditions in England, will take plenty of wickets.

47 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Not sure why he's playing in this and he's now no longer a Derbyshire player, but pretty good nonetheless. 

And why Hungary, for goodness sake.

Perhaps it was a case of being in the right place at the right time? Perhaps he just went to watch (maybe Wayne Madsen is playing for Italy again), there was a braai there and someone said "Are you hungry?"

"Yes".

"OK, get your pads on."

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

And why Hungary, for goodness sake.

Perhaps it was a case of being in the right place at the right time? Perhaps he just went to watch (maybe Wayne Madsen is playing for Italy again), there was a braai there and someone said "Are you hungry?"

"Yes".

"OK, get your pads on."

I remember Hungarian heritage of some sort being the reason he was able to play county cricket as a “local player”.

16 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Samit Patel is in the building 🙌

From the clubs website…

“Patel, 38, will remain at The Incora County Ground until the end of the 2025 season, and will be available for all formats.”

Mickey Arthur said he will primarily play T20 but is available for the championship. Having not played 4-day cricket for 3 years its probably a case of see how he goes.

Listening to Samit’s interview, he seems a little irked at being discarded by Notts, so I expect him to be fired up for those games 😀

11 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

On paper the squad is shaping up nicely. I’m looking forward to the season…. secure in the knowledge that it is the hope that kills you and it will probably in all likelihood be the usual s*** show. 

I am stuck in a repeat cycle….being let down by the 🐏 but with the hope that the 🏏 team will make up for it……then when the 🏏 team then let me down, hope that the 🐏 can cheer me up…. then repeat 🤣

12 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

On paper the squad is shaping up nicely. I’m looking forward to the season…. secure in the knowledge that it is the hope that kills you and it will probably in all likelihood be the usual s*** show. 

I think we are a strike bowler and an opening bat/number 3 away from challenging. We have one more overseas pick, i'm hoping bowler

20 hours ago, sage said:

I think we are a strike bowler and an opening bat/number 3 away from challenging. We have one more overseas pick, i'm hoping bowler

I've seen it suggested that Mickey Arthur has said the other overseas will be a bowler, but I can't remember seeing that.

• 2 weeks later...