Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

On 20/11/2021 at 19:11, jimbo jones said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/59344598.amp

Mickey Arthur interview with bbc.

Highlights - overseas signing expected soon. Wants a left arm spinner and a experienced seamer. Plus bolster the batting and get a 2nd keeper.

Arthur will be on twice as much as Hughton so there will be pressure to succeed now. I hope there is no need for Cork now. Toxic character. 

2 hours ago, sage said:

Arthur will be on twice as much as Hughton so there will be pressure to succeed now. I hope there is no need for Cork now. Toxic character. 

Yeah, I already have more expectation of things getting better, though obviously it will probably take time. I'd imagine he will be in charge of everything.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Mickey Arthur’s first signing...

Left handed opening bat, played for him with Pakistan. Signed for all formats. 4 test centuries to his name, 3 of those centuries came in consecutive innings against 3 different team's England, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.

BB5EF0D0-8565-4FE4-94C3-6132615E92A6.jpeg

As long as he doesn’t catch the Derbyshire disease and turn to ? like so many others this could be a great signing and hopefully galvanise the batting line up and like @sage  says could get interest from the local Pakistani community which would be good. 

3 hours ago, sage said:

Right position, right nationality.

Hope he scores runs and helps engage the local community who aren't currently attending games. 

Never seen so many comment on the clubs twitter, for the story of his signing. Nearly 1500 likes too, Anuj Dal signing a new deal got 65 ? 

Seems a popular figure amongst Pakistan cricket fans, certainly would be great if he encourages a few to come down.

Edited by jimbo jones

5 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Never seen so many comment on the clubs twitter, for the story of his signing. Nearly 1500 likes too, Anuj Dal signing a new deal got 65 ? 

Seems a popular figure amongst Pakistan cricket fans, certainly would be great if he encourages a few to come down.

They need to get him round some city schools