Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

37 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Nice looking squad developing 😊

I thought that this time last year, didn’t quite go as I thought it would

on a other issue I see we are involved in the T20 blast off again at edgebaston on June 1st. I know we are probably being compensated but it looks like we’ll be giving up a home fixture again. 

19 hours ago, Henrycav81 said:

on a other issue I see we are involved in the T20 blast off again at edgebaston on June 1st. I know we are probably being compensated but it looks like we’ll be giving up a home fixture again. 

Honestly think the overseas makes all the difference. We got a mixed bag from Haider and almost nothing from Lakmal. Your overseas needs to be the players that turn all those draws into some wins.

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Honestly think the overseas makes all the difference. We got a mixed bag from Haider and almost nothing from Lakmal. Your overseas needs to be the players that turn all those draws into some wins.

We struggle to take 20 wickets in a match we desperately need Amir to fire next season and hopefully he’ll stop all season I think he’s only signed for the first half at the moment 

On 25/10/2023 at 18:04, Henrycav81 said:

Really irritating. 
Still, the club has no money, whatever brings in the most cash they have to do I suppose 

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/11/2023 at 14:56, Phoenix said:

COuld be exciting. I'm sure he was the guy who hit the winning run(s) when we won the 2nd division championship. Didn't he also fall foul of the DCCC authorities by buggering off to Australia in the close season?

Won it by smashing a six 😁

5 hours ago, SKHunter said:

Good news.  About Wayne that is, not you in the nets.  Hee hee!  You lasted 10 minutes more than I would've.  Do the fixtures come out soon?  Wanting to plan my summer holidays.    

August is a good month to go away if you don’t want to watch any of the counties play just the second XI one day cup in August while all cricket as to stop for the ECBs lovechild the 100

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

1 more overseas to come in. Probably a spinning all-rounder? Would like us to get a batsman in though to be fair.

I know we say this every year - but I actually am excited about next summer.

That's the possible team with the backups (for the championship), not only does the team look good, but there's plenty of depth.

As for the overseas, a leg spinner who can also bat? A Mattie McKiernan replacement, but hopefully an upgrade.

I think the batting is fine as long as Donald and/or Lamb play well. We need to find a way to take 20 wickets to win some games.

IMG_4002.jpeg