Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

Season starts tomorrow at home to Gloucestershire.

I think this might be the team…

Reece

Came

Lloyd

Madsen

Donald 

Dal

Thomson

Chapppell

Tickner

Conners

The top 4 pick themselves, there’s a battle between Thomson and Morley for the spinners spot and Conners and Brown for the last place.

5-7 is where it gets interesting. Having put on the best batting performance in the friendlies I want to put Lamb in the team, but I don't want to leave out Donald or Dal 🤔

41 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Reece

Came

Lloyd

Madsen

Donald 

Dal

Thomson

Chapppell

Tickner

Conners

The top 4 pick themselves, there’s a battle between Thomson and Morley for the spinners spot and Conners and Brown for the last place.

5-7 is where it gets interesting. Having put on the best batting performance in the friendlies I want to put Lamb in the team, but I don't want to leave out Donald or Dal 🤔

Agree with that. I too would like Lamb in the side but can’t find a space. I would be surprised if Lancs sent Morley out on loan to carry the drinks? Not sure if he can bat? Initially, I think Thompson deserves his chance though. Finally, I would stick with Conners over Brown in the 4 day version.

42 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Agree with that. I too would like Lamb in the side but can’t find a space. I would be surprised if Lancs sent Morley out on loan to carry the drinks? Not sure if he can bat? Initially, I think Thompson deserves his chance though. Finally, I would stick with Conners over Brown in the 4 day version.

Yeah I think Conners and Thomson get the first go.

Morley averages 4, with 20 runs from 9 matches and it doesn't get any better from 21 List A games…so it doesn't look promising on that front 😬

9 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Reece

Came

Lloyd

Madsen

Donald 

Dal

Thomson

Chapppell

Tickner

Conners

It's nice to have a few options.

4 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If you are REALLY lucky there might be some of that exciting franchise 💩 on tv later 😉

I’ll watch the golf instead, I’m at a wedding all day tomorrow so can’t make it hopefully I’ll be able to get to see some cricket Sunday and Monday weather permitting 

11 hours ago, Henrycav81 said:

Play abandoned for the day what am I supposed to do now 

I got up at 8:00, made the Memsahib some brekky, started thinking about putting some cricket noms together (ok, putting a few beers in the fridge to cool) and then popped into the garden - at which point I realised that it would be a late start at best. It was like a swamp.

We ended up watching a bit of Warwickshire v Worcestershire and then went shopping.

Should be a full day's play tomorrow - heavy bails I suspect.

Derbyshire have signed South African fast bowler, Daryn Dupavillon, to be available for all formats from the start of May until mid-September.

The bit in bold is great news. Dupavillon has a first class bowling average of 25.69…which isn't bad 👀

I vaguely remember seeing him play in the SA20 and bowling with good pace.

Apparently played with Samit Patel in the CPL.

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Derbyshire have signed South African fast bowler, Daryn Dupavillon, to be available for all formats from the start of May until mid-September.

The bit in bold is great news. Dupavillon has a first class bowling average of 25.69…which isn't bad 👀

I vaguely remember seeing him play in the SA20 and bowling with good pace.

Apparently played with Samit Patel in the CPL.

Not a name I know , here is hoping he does well 🤞🏼👍🏼