Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

15 hours ago, sage said:

Looks like we have a South African pace bowler lined up to replace Amir.

Would love Olivier or Coetzee but we will no doubt sign someone cheap with a terrible injury record 

Where did you hear that Sage?

I think I heard Mickey mention that the SA season finishes after the County Championship starts so everyone is assuming he's lining up a South African but won't be available straight away which would put us in a similar situation as with  Amir.

1 hour ago, SKHunter said:

I think I heard Mickey mention that the SA season finishes after the County Championship starts so everyone is assuming he's lining up a South African but won't be available straight away which would put us in a similar situation as with  Amir.

@Jimbo Ram this

On 25/03/2024 at 09:59, Jimbo Ram said:

Amir to miss the start of the season due to international call up…typical. All we need is a couple of injuries and my hope and enthusiasm will have dwindled considerably 🥲

The club are looking for a short-term replacement.

Edit - I note @sage has already posted about this.

Edited by Crewton

Currently 80-5 against Leeds Uni 😬

Guest and Donald currently at the crease.

I think the strength of our batting is going to greatly depend on the development (or lack of) of Came, Guest, and Donald this season.

It looks a bit parky today, so the Memsahib and I stayed watching it in front of the telly.

Batters did not acquit themselves well, whereas Donald and Zak really entertained the brave souls who went. Chappell then pings one out in the first over.

5 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Just looked at the BBC weather forecast for April. It doesn’t look great. We might not see too much cricket early season 🥲

Though by the looks of the performance in this university game, it might be a blessing 😬