Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

Frustrating when a batter (Reece) in this case doesn’t get off the mark after 12 balls. I just find it inevitable that you eventually get out if you don’t be more aggressive.

As I write this also Came is 18 from 84 balls - I’m going to predict he will be out before he gets to 30. If you don’t attach and score quicker, eventually you succumb to a decent delivery.

Glamorgan 74-4 at close

Interesting that Glamorgan’s pitch had a similar reputation as ours - batters paradise and a draw almost guaranteed, and there has been a big push for the groundsman to produce “results” pitches this season.

He's certainly done that. Spin from Day 1, and batters on both teams looking bamboozled.

How quickly can we get these last 6 wickets? I don't fancy out chances chasing too many.

13 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Glamorgan 74-4 at close

Interesting that Glamorgan’s pitch had a similar reputation as ours - batters paradise and a draw almost guaranteed, and there has been a big push for the groundsman to produce “results” pitches this season.

He's certainly done that. Spin from Day 1, and batters on both teams looking bamboozled.

How quickly can we get these last 6 wickets? I don't fancy out chances chasing too many.

Anything above 150 will be enough for them I think. Watched quite a bit of it today and the pitch looks very difficult to bat on 🥲

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Anything above 150 will be enough for them I think. Watched quite a bit of it today and the pitch looks very difficult to bat on 🥲

Yeah, anything above that will take a heroic effort from somebody.

No wicket yet this morning 😬

To put a positive spin on things, the wicket does seem to have flattened out a bit. If you can get through the new ball fairly unscathed (a big ask I know) chasing 250 might not be out of the question.