Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on Scottish/Malaysian Billionaire Bid

Kernow

7 minutes ago, Gisby said:

Like I said ‘the cynical amongst us’ ?‍♂️?‍♂️… will this turn out to be a bad thing? Only time will tell!!

Yes. It’s quite a conundrum. He brings sponsorship, exposure, he can clearly persuade players to join us against the odds. His motivational skills are good and he seems now to be avoiding the dressing room clashes of last year (perhaps because it’s now his squad more or less albeit not the one he dreamed of). It seems he can attract buyers and the admins have hitched their wagon to his brand. Don’t think he develops our young talent especially well.   He can set up a team ok but when tactical nous is needed in the middle of a game, time and time again there is a vacuum, an abject inability to analyse what is befalling us. So the oppo can plan for our likely set ups and have a few changes pre-planned to deal with the threats we pose. The Milwall game I think was crucial because there was a danger of the rot setting in as it did last season. It did not, credit to him and the squad. So maybe we are on the up. He is learning, of course he is. 
As for integrity, values (these things matter), it’s concerning that he seems to be surrounded by individuals who are less than wholesome. His decision to throw MM under the bus certainly rankled with me. But there’s a lot of nastiness in football and the culture of the game stinks, so maybe you sadly have to add a pinch of salt. 
I hope he does well of course and continues to improve but we need to wait and see, as you wisely suggest 

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

His decision to throw MM under the bus certainly rankled with me. But there’s a lot of nastiness in football and the culture of the game stinks, so maybe you sadly have to add a pinch of salt. 

Throw Morris under the bus??

Behave! Morris treated Rooney terribly. Non existent communication, without a care in the world for what admin meant to people. I don’t think Rooney did throw him under the bus, but Morris definitely doesn’t deserve any sympathy. Terrible chairman. Rooney handled that situation brilliantly. 

6 minutes ago, enachops said:

Throw Morris under the bus??

Behave! Morris treated Rooney terribly. Non existent communication, without a care in the world for what admin meant to people. I don’t think Rooney did throw him under the bus, but Morris definitely doesn’t deserve any sympathy. Terrible chairman. Rooney handled that situation brilliantly. 

Can’t agree. Whatever the merits, however bad a chairman you might think he was. It has to be done in private not public. 

10 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Can’t agree. Whatever the merits, however bad a chairman you might think he was. It has to be done in private not public. 

No such thing as private in today's media lead football world! So talking about something to all excuses the act being talked about is what you are saying.

Edited by RoyMac5

10 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Santa is one of the interested bidders. More credible than most. 

Don't want him near our club.  Terrible abuser of animal rights.  There's rumours he keeps a herd of reindeer locked in a shed 364 days of the year, then drags them out on the 24th December, force feeds them amphetamine laced oats so they can work 24 hrs straight without a break, then back in the barn. Not to mention the shocking working conditions of his elves, on the go for thousands of years , 7 days a week with no pay. We don't want protestors we have enough problems.  

23 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

It was private for a long time and Wayne kept it very professional. Wayne funding the away trips and the lack of communication from Mel Morris were kept under wraps as long as Mel continued at the club. Mel kept making promises to Wayne that never came to fruition and then decided to throw Wayne and everybody else under the bus with no warning by putting the club into administration. 

Once Mel decided he no longer wanted anything to do with Derby County he is fair game. There is no way in hell that anything that Wayne Rooney said could be construed as him throwing Mel under the bus. Wayne kept it professional as long as he could, but he isn't made of stone - if Mel is going to shaft him repeatedly he isn't going to stay quiet forever. 

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Don't want him near our club.  Terrible abuser of animal rights.  There's rumours he keeps a herd of reindeer locked in a shed 364 days of the year, then drags them out on the 24th December, force feeds them amphetamine laced oats so they can work 24 hrs straight without a break, then back in the barn. Not to mention the shocking working conditions of his elves, on the go for thousands of years , 7 days a week with no pay. We don't want protestors we have enough problems.  

Haven’t you leaned yet? Don’t believe everything you read in the Daily Mail.?

I’ve heard the animals in question are quite happy with 364 days holiday a year.

50 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Not easy when the Chairman doesn't talk to you. I'm not a Rooney worshiper, but he was being honest. Mr Morris has come across as being insincere. A fair observation in my opinion. 

Edited by europia

33 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not simples. And answer the question.

sorry to sound like Paul Dirac but your post contained two statements and no question. If the second statement was supposed to be a question, I tried but I didn't understand it. If you want to rephrase it please do.

Yes, simples is an arsey thing to say, I apologise. What I am saying is there are things that obviously should be kept out of the public domaine and things that should be in the media. None of us knows the background to the spat between Rooney and MM though your unstinting support of Rooney will I guess lead you to conclude it was MM's fault.   MM had the good sense (imo) not to make it public, indeed in his RD exit interview he praised Rooney. For my money that was a good decision and it grates with me for MM to give Rooney his entree into the world of management and then to have Brand Rooney $hit on him in public. I'm guessing you disagree, fine. But rest assured, I want Rooney to do well because our club's fate is very firmly hitched to his bandwagon

50 minutes ago, enachops said:

In this situation, Morris behaviour was so deplorable - he deserved it. Fair play to Rooney for calling him out. 

if you were itk, it would be fine to post this. I fully accept MM may have been unreasonable. Equally the opposite may have been the case. Forget debating that unless you are itk. But not a fight they should be having in public

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

So talking about something to all excuses the act being talked about is what you are saying?

9 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

sorry to sound like Paul Dirac but your post contained two statements and no question.

I've made the question obvious by putting in the question mark I left out.

45 minutes ago, GenBr said:

It was private for a long time and Wayne kept it very professional. Wayne funding the away trips and the lack of communication from Mel Morris were kept under wraps as long as Mel continued at the club. Mel kept making promises to Wayne that never came to fruition and then decided to throw Wayne and everybody else under the bus with no warning by putting the club into administration. 

Once Mel decided he no longer wanted anything to do with Derby County he is fair game. There is no way in hell that anything that Wayne Rooney said could be construed as him throwing Mel under the bus. Wayne kept it professional as long as he could, but he isn't made of stone - if Mel is going to shaft him repeatedly he isn't going to stay quiet forever. 

well that's the Rooney version (and I think we've been told he in fact funded training equipment but not away trips though I'm possibly wrong there) .  MM's version was never published. All he did was praise Rooney in his farewell RD interview. If you know more about what caused the rift than the rest of us, fine you're entitled to say this. But I don't think you are claiming that.  If you want my view on whether MM or Rooney has the more powerful PR team ... well, you can guess my answer 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

So talking about something to all excuses the act being talked about is what you are saying.

you are a genius when it comes to moving the goalposts in mid conversation, to knock your fellow posters off course. 

Well for once I'm not going to jump into your trap. 

I don't know what caused the rift between Rooney and MM. I don't think you do either. That's not what I was talking about before you jumped in. I was talking about one single very specific aspect of the row: neither of them should have made it public. For lots of reasons, including that MM needs to respect Rooney for what he has achieved in his short lifetime; and because Rooney needs to respect MM for giving him a prime opportunity and paying (some of) his very high wages. Where would we be if players, members of the management team, club employees went public whenever they have a grievance. No 

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I was talking about one single very specific aspect of the row: neither of them should have made it public.

And again you moved the goalposts - I asked (twice) whether you were saying that making it public excused the act?