Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

We've been seriously ill for over two years now, and have had various scans and tests done over the past 18months. Cancer was confirmed in September, and we're currently having chemotherapy.

Drawn out enough, I'd say!

Bishop on his way for the Last Rites.. My point is the Bishop won’t take long from when he gets the call..

23 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Bishop on his way for the Last Rites.. My point is the Bishop won’t take long from when he gets the call..

I do not think that even if liquidation were to happen, it would be that close. Bolton ran into financial problems in 2015 and that rumbled on for years before they were rescued. 

HMRC will not try and liquidate the club.. they may try and hold  out for  a full payout even if that means paying on the never never. In reality, that could put off all potential buyers, so what happens then?   

We have enough funds to see us to end of season. So even if the sale is not completed before then I don't think we will be liquidated before then.  

SO even in that scenario  there is then still time for something else to turn up , a mystery benefactor, or for HMRC to bite the bullet that £7m million or whatever is better than nothing.

28 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I do not think that even if liquidation were to happen, it would be that close. Bolton ran into financial problems in 2015 and that rumbled on for years before they were rescued. 

HMRC will not try and liquidate the club.. they may try and hold  out for  a full payout even if that means paying on the never never. In reality, that could put off all potential buyers, so what happens then?   

We have enough funds to see us to end of season. So even if the sale is not completed before then I don't think we will be liquidated before then.  

SO even in that scenario  there is then still time for something else to turn up , a mystery benefactor, or for HMRC to bite the bullet that £7m million or whatever is better than nothing.

Do we?

i am not sure we will see a resolution soon, hence my question, and certainly not before end of Jan.

Realistically we have a very high chance of playing in L1 next season, so for a "Saviour" there is no need to rush a takeover to keep players or strenghen when the transfer window opens. Just Let Quantuma do the dirty work, get rid of more staff, players etc. Deal with HMRC and other creditors, drive the price/debt right down. When this is all done and smells a little better, show the money and complete the deal. It's called business.

50 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I don’t think we will be liquidated either to be honest. More saying that I don’t think the admins will dick around if everything stalls. There will be enough funds to get their fee, so I think they will look to start wind up proceedings.

53 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

The one thing that could seriously affect someone buying the club would be if more covid restrictions are imposed which could seriously affect anyone wanting to buy us ( it could nail a few other clubs as well) 

I don’t think that will happen either . Omicron seems not as big a deal as people were saying. 

It's a difficult one for a new owner, pay hmrc the debt owed or buy the club's assets in liquidation. 

Buying a club in liquidation means hmrc get a massively reduced amount.

The new owner could rename the club, and buy the ground from mm and training ground separately. 

Would that be financially beneficial for the new owners since they wouldn't be liable to hmrc in that situation.

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I don’t think that will happen either . Omicron seems not as big a deal as people were saying. 

I think the thing with Omicron is it’s more transmissible which means more cases and more impact on the economy. Hence the rush to get people vaccinated as much as possible.

We would suffer if games got cancelled or we went back to no crowds.

2 minutes ago, Oldben said:

It's a difficult one for a new owner, pay hmrc the debt owed or buy the club's assets in liquidation. 

Buying a club in liquidation means hmrc get a massively reduced amount.

The new owner could rename the club, and buy the ground from mm and training ground separately. 

Would that be financially beneficial for the new owners since they wouldn't be liable to hmrc in that situation.

I don’t think that will be allowed.

But New owners are not liable to Hmrc anyway if they don’t buy the club. So if they offer 25% to Hmrc that’s better than nothing.

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think the thing with Omicron is it’s more transmissible which means more cases and more impact on the economy. Hence the rush to get people vaccinated as much as possible.

We would suffer if games got cancelled or we went back to no crowds.

South African doc on the other morning, saying think of it as a Christmas present, more transmissible, will become dominant and wipe out delta - but not deaths yet from it. I fact checked and the WHO have this morning said the same regarding deaths. Fingers crossed. 

5 minutes ago, Rev said:

HMRC have spent years battling to be made a preferential creditor in football club administrations. 

They're not going to toss away the advantage made by doing so, on the very first case to cross their desk since the rules changed.

In this case there is no real advantage to them in being preferential creditor. Msd and football creditors still rank ahead of them.

24 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I don’t think that will be allowed.

But New owners are not liable to Hmrc anyway if they don’t buy the club. So if they offer 25% to Hmrc that’s better than nothing.

I don’t think starting a Phoenix club could be prevented. It would have no bearing/relation to current club at al other than it would play football in Derby. Buying PP should also be nothing to do with current DCFC either.

21 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

In this case there is no real advantage to them in being preferential creditor. Msd and football creditors still rank ahead of them.

That's where the rules have changed,football creditors and MSD may still be above HMRC but if HMRC says the percentage on offer is not enough or they hold out for the full amount then that kills the offer stone dead.