Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

9 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Whatever your thoughts on daily mail, they were right with the minus 21 deduction. And now this article says it is unlikely HMRC will accept less than full payment which is contradictory to what many think. I really think there could be no club next season.

Sorry got to call this out. They were complete wrong with over the FFP deduction!

They said we’d get -21 points for FFP breaches. We got -9. We’re only -21 because Mel plunged us into admin which they did not predict and not many did.

Not read the latest article but inclined to claim its BS, probably read Matt Slater’s article in the Athletic and paraphrased. 

11 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

If I was a mega-rich Derby fan with rich Derby fan mates but who didnt want to own the club I would be on the phone to them to raise that money. To them it would just be the equivalent of us raising the St John Ambulance debt. 

How do you do crowdfunding though? Where does the money go? It’s not like it’s a charity is it? I can’t say please pledge money to my bank account, that would be dodgy. 

7 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

Let’s take a deep breath!

If this story has more truth than clickbait in it then there is an easy solution that I’m sure isn’t mentioned (I don’t click on scummy press links).

Get to January and reluctantly sell our assets of Lawrence ( not much because of his contract), Bird,Knight etc

Clubs will be queuing up to pick the meat off the bones but we should be able to find maybe £15m? Derby won’t be sunk over £5m surely?!

We’re going down so the only priority now is taking to a League One pitch next season. 

Problem is we may get less than £10 million in a fire sale . First charge on any assets goes to Msd. So Hmrc still get nothing, in fact more likely to get nothing from a fire sale than a planned sale of players at higher prices.

18 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Whatever your thoughts on daily mail, they were right with the minus 21 deduction. And now this article says it is unlikely HMRC will accept less than full payment which is contradictory to what many think. I really think there could be no club next season.

They weren't correct - that was purely coincidental, based on the maximum possible for aggravated P&S breaches. They never factored -12 for Administration. 

Edit : just noticed that @BramcoteRam84@BramcoteRam84 has already pointed this out. 

Edited by Crewton

7 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Sorry got to call this out. They were complete wrong with over the FFP deduction!

They said we’d get -21 points for FFP breaches. We got -9. We’re only -21 because Mel plunged us into admin which they did not predict and not many did.

Not read the latest article but inclined to claim its BS, probably read Matt Slater’s article in the Athletic and paraphrased. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10005837/amp/Derbys-administration-punishment-rise-24-POINT-deduction-fail-pay-players.html

this was September. I remember dismissing it. Obviously the extra 3 hasn’t happened (yet) but they did say expected 9 on top of 12. 

There is absolutely nothing new in that article. It just underlines the tricky situation we’re in. If you were buying Derby County from a purely business sense you simply wouldn’t do it. We’re relying on a football fan to pay over the odds because they can see some sort of potential with the right strategy.

Kirchner knows the financials. He was negotiating with Mel earlier in the year before admin. He’s still coming to games. I do wonder if the other three buyers are dragging their feet though.

6 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

I'm sorry but the way this club has been mismanaged so badly there should be a police investigation......  Starting with how a Championship club could be allowed to run up debts of nearly £30m to HMRC.....

So we had a qunatuma  report issued earlier this week saying after checking and double checking they found no ethical issues.

And the same report saying a funding gap of between £30m and £40 m due to COVID. 
so I suggest an investigation would quickly conclude that the debt owing to a Government agency was entirely caused by another Government agency’s response to COVID and the unwillingness of Government to compensate football clubs for the losses they suffered as a result of those Government policies. 

4 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10005837/amp/Derbys-administration-punishment-rise-24-POINT-deduction-fail-pay-players.html

this was September. I remember dismissing it. Obviously the extra 3 hasn’t happened (yet) but they did say expected 9 on top of 12. 

TBH I thought you were referring to the article they put out when the club was originally charged, which also predicted 21 points. I still don't think it gives them any great credibility - clearly, someone inside the EFL told them what the EFL were aiming for. It was only the Administrators desire to draw a line under the issue that led to them accepting the extra 9 points. 

Just now, Crewton said:

TBH I thought you were referring to the article they put out when the club was originally charged, which also predicted 21 points. I still don't think it gives them any great credibility - clearly, someone inside the EFL told them what the EFL were aiming for. It was only the Administrators desire to draw a line under the issue that led to them accepting the extra 9 points. 

Point is it’s no good dismissing the Daily Mail articles just because it’s the daily mail. The article yesterday makes it sound like HMRC want all the money which is at odds with what a lot would expect. 
If Derby had a huge shortfall due to covid why was the appeal to EFL cancelled and why isn’t there any meeting with government reps? Hope something can be sorted 

5 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Point is it’s no good dismissing the Daily Mail articles just because it’s the daily mail. The article yesterday makes it sound like HMRC want all the money which is at odds with what a lot would expect. 
If Derby had a huge shortfall due to covid why was the appeal to EFL cancelled and why isn’t there any meeting with government reps? Hope something can be sorted 

There's nothing new in it though. It's really just stating the obvious, using a source who clearly was never a serious bidder. The HMRC backstop position has been known from the outset and no-one, literally no-one, knows how likely a softening of their position is, so any serious bidder has to factor in the possibility that they'll hold out for all of their money. If they're not willing to do that, they're just looking for a bargain and might as well withdraw. 

Surely before liquidation there is the opportunity to raise cash in the transfer window-we may see Jozwiak,Knight,Lawrence,Bird,Ebosele and a few others sold obviously we would be very lightweight but we would just stumble on to the end of the season.

The administrators though may have already earmarked the sale of players into the financial plan.

7 hours ago, WestKentRam said:

I can't understand, if he hasn't worked his way through his initial reported £500m net worth, why Mel Morris doesn't bite the bullet and settle the club debts that accrued under his tenure, so it can be sold to another owner. Surely he will still be left enough to live on after this.

The alternative of leaving a legacy of being a pariah in the city and the negative effects on 10s of thousands of people in Derby and the repercussions this is going to have across the wider footballing world makes me think there must be something else going on as it otherwise just doesn't make sense. 

He probably has lost too much of his money or it’s tied up in assets or he’s unwilling to lose anymore paying off DCFC debts. 
That net worth could be old news or just not true. Maybe he can’t pay it. Maybe he just doesn’t have the cash or doesn’t want to pay. 

5 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Where did this come from. I know a deal collapsed the week before we went into administration, but don't remember that being confirmed as Kirchner?

The Garry Cook Americans mentioned we’re talking to Mel in the summer and before. They were seeing what would happen last season before committing. We now know Garry Cook is with the Kirchner bid. Not saying he pulled out and we went into admin but it’s possible he was the guy.

8 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Remember when we all went absolutely mental when that Matt Hughes at the Daily Mail said we would get a 21 point penalty.

He first said that in reference to the stadium charge in which he was palpably wrong and we only got 9 points for ffp so he was wrong again. 
Not the most reliable Mr Slater 

Edited by Reggie Greenwood
Added a bit

8 hours ago, WestKentRam said:

I can't understand, if he hasn't worked his way through his initial reported £500m net worth, why Mel Morris doesn't bite the bullet and settle the club debts that accrued under his tenure, so it can be sold to another owner. Surely he will still be left enough to live on after this.

The alternative of leaving a legacy of being a pariah in the city and the negative effects on 10s of thousands of people in Derby and the repercussions this is going to have across the wider footballing world makes me think there must be something else going on as it otherwise just doesn't make sense. 

Unfortunately, I would think that if he had any intention (or ability) of paying the debts off he would’ve done it before putting us in administration.  I really do wonder if reports of Mel’s wealth were vastly over estimated, or he’s lost the lot.
If this isn’t the case then it’s easy for us to say he should’ve spent even more millions keeping us out of trouble, but as a hard nosed businessman, there must be a limit to what anyone can lose even if it is unpalatable. 

Whether or not the Daily Mail are rehashing or its a fresh perspective,  I dont mind the idea being pushed in the press that ..IF.. HMRC won't take a small % of what they are owed then they may end up getting a whole heap of nothing, and set in motion for them a lot of aggro, legal challenge, bad press...

If I were the administrators or a potential buyer then that angle would be something I'd be happy to see swirling in the press. The HMRC have to believe they could overplay their hand if they go hardball with us?

Big week for the administrators...so far they have talked a good game, ran up a fair old bill and negotiated a pretty unimpressive points deduction.  All looks OK if we get a buyer and can move forward quickly but if not then their reputations are going to quickly go off a cliff!!