Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

7 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Now stevi nic on Derbyshire live is saying Appleby and gadsby are not making a joint bid

I think most people called Nixon BS on that one.

Probably more chance of Marino Rahmberg being part of the next ownership group than Nixon being right on this. 

Based on some of the crap we’ve seen, I genuinely think some of posts on here this afternoon would be worthy of modern day national journalism standards and actually more credible!! ?

11 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Now stevi nic on Derbyshire live is saying Appleby and gadsby are not making a joint bid

He's the last in the food chain of information, Nixon makes it up, It goes to twitter to add a little more, Message boards have confirmed the appointment and SN  picks up all the chick feed.

Part of Athletic article 

What “extremely positive” means is unclear. While it is important to remain optimistic during these uncertain times, fans should note that the likelihood of the taxman reducing the total amount of Derby’s debt is unlikely.

Another stumbling block continues to be the status of Pride Park, which is owned by Morris and provides collateral against the £20 million loan taken from MSD Holdings, the British subsidiary of MSD Capital. MSD — an American private equity firm that manages the capital of Michael Dell, the founder and CEO of Dell Technologies — and Morris have a “verbal agreement” with Quantuma to include the ground in the sale of the club. Co-administrator Carl Jackson admitted all potential bidders see Pride Park as a significant asset that they would like to be part of the package in buying Derby.

Quantuma has not released the figure that has been verbally agreed upon with Morris to part with the stadium, but the lack of a concrete agreement continues to be a concern as Morris could opt to increase his asking price, even if MSD influences the decision.

In addition, the administrators will meet with Middlesbrough and Wycombeonce they have announced the preferred bidder. Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson’s gripe is that Derby earned the final play-off spot ahead of them in 2018-19, with a squad financed in a manner sanctioned by the EFL for breaching profitability and sustainability rules. Similarly, Wycombe feel aggrieved that they should not have been relegated to League One at the expense of a club found guilty of breaking the rules. However, the administrators are positive and want the situation sorted without having to entertain legal cases.”

36 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Ex Manager: Lampard
Ex Player: Cole

Not a bad shout - certainly both settled in well when they were here. Also would be interested to know why Lampard abruptly ended his interest in the Norwich job middle of November - don't think there'd be many better gigs for him at that level.

My guess for ex-manager was Cocu - he was more invested in Derby as a 'project' than any other manager we've had & always felt he was as interested in building a club as purely coaching/managing

My guess for ex-player was Steve Howard, mainly off the back of below tweets;

image.png.7ca01bd46b13942214cb9d6d8725a3e7.png

image.png.ea329b41edb6171cf246a5c6950b6d63.png

Edited by LeedsCityRam

38 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Part of Athletic article 

What “extremely positive” means is unclear. While it is important to remain optimistic during these uncertain times, fans should note that the likelihood of the taxman reducing the total amount of Derby’s debt is unlikely.

Another stumbling block continues to be the status of Pride Park, which is owned by Morris and provides collateral against the £20 million loan taken from MSD Holdings, the British subsidiary of MSD Capital. MSD — an American private equity firm that manages the capital of Michael Dell, the founder and CEO of Dell Technologies — and Morris have a “verbal agreement” with Quantuma to include the ground in the sale of the club. Co-administrator Carl Jackson admitted all potential bidders see Pride Park as a significant asset that they would like to be part of the package in buying Derby.

Quantuma has not released the figure that has been verbally agreed upon with Morris to part with the stadium, but the lack of a concrete agreement continues to be a concern as Morris could opt to increase his asking price, even if MSD influences the decision.

In addition, the administrators will meet with Middlesbrough and Wycombeonce they have announced the preferred bidder. Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson’s gripe is that Derby earned the final play-off spot ahead of them in 2018-19, with a squad financed in a manner sanctioned by the EFL for breaching profitability and sustainability rules. Similarly, Wycombe feel aggrieved that they should not have been relegated to League One at the expense of a club found guilty of breaking the rules. However, the administrators are positive and want the situation sorted without having to entertain legal cases.”

Don’t know about this. The numbers suggest HMRC has the power to put us into liquidation. So surely they will agree some kind of haircut. And deferring payment doesn’t solve the problem because it reduces the purchase price. 
And the verbal deal with MM/MSD about the stadium price? Well the price will be decided by a valuer, and the cash I think goes to MSD then the club.
And the idea it is a problem only to have a verbal agreement with MSD is loopy. Quantuma is largely working for MSD in reality 

don’t think The Athletic are on top of this at all

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Don’t know about this. The numbers suggest HMRC has the power to put us into liquidation. So surely they will agree some kind of haircut. And deferring payment doesn’t solve the problem because it reduces the purchase price. 
And the verbal deal with MM/MSD about the stadium price? Well the price will be decided by a valuer, and the cash I think goes to MSD then the club.
And the idea it is a problem only to have a verbal agreement with MSD is loopy. Quantuma is largely working for MSD in reality 

I think the article was rubbish. And Nixon's too. 

7 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Agree with most of that, no chance of HMRC giving us a penny reduction.  They let Bury go pop over £500k we owe more than 50 times that amount.....

Edited by RAM1966

1 minute ago, RAM1966 said:

Agree with most of that, no chance of HMRC giving us a penny reduction.  They let Bury go pop over £500k we owe more than 50 times that amount.....

Bury did not go into liquidation. Bury were not paying their players , couldn't fulfil their fixtures, so were expelled by EFL.  They are due to resume competitive football in  2022/3.

10 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

I think it’s hard to compare these situations. HMRC represented less than 10% of Bury’s creditor base. Is there evidence HMRC’s position was the problem? I’d have thought more likely it was the main secured creditor ?