Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think its plainly obvious that is what is happening.

It's also fairly obvious that if the Admin team don't get a deal done pretty soon he will be off and we will be going bust.

I don't think that's obvious at all. "He" being Kirchner? What about other interested parties?

Nixon says he is the only one who has made a bid. Even if that's true Kirchner's bid was conditional. So every interested party's interest really will depend on something.. presumably agreement with HMRC and possibly Boro and Wycombe actions.

27 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I don't think that's obvious at all. "He" being Kirchner? What about other interested parties?

Nixon says he is the only one who has made a bid. Even if that's true Kirchner's bid was conditional. So every interested party's interest really will depend on something.. presumably agreement with HMRC and possibly Boro and Wycombe actions.

I think that's pretty much what Mackworth said, that it's obvious if deal isn't done sone, Kirchner/his backers will be off, hence why Rooney wants it done ASAP and Kirchner has been so vocal about it.  

The longer it goes on, the worse it gets for us and any potential owner.  My fear is that Kirchner doesn't have the readies, cos it's quite clear what the liabilities are right now.  If he could/would pay them, he would have done by now.  Smells to me that he's wanting a better/cheaper deal, otherwise why the hold up?

6 minutes ago, SBW said:

The longer it goes on, the worse it gets for us and any potential owner.  My fear is that Kirchner doesn't have the readies, cos it's quite clear what the liabilities are right now.  If he could/would pay them, he would have done by now.  Smells to me that he's wanting a better/cheaper deal, otherwise why the hold up?

Why wouldn't you want a 'better/cheaper deal'? Only Mel wanted to pay extra! ?

12 minutes ago, SBW said:

I think that's pretty much what Mackworth said, that it's obvious if deal isn't done sone, Kirchner/his backers will be off, hence why Rooney wants it done ASAP and Kirchner has been so vocal about it.  

Nixon says Kirchner wants to know what the price is. But the admin team have to get the best deal for the creditors. And maybe the creditors (especialy HMRC) want to know what the best offer is? So it's a bit of a CATCH 22. 

57 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Nixon says Kirchner wants to know what the price is. But the admin team have to get the best deal for the creditors. And maybe the creditors (especialy HMRC) want to know what the best offer is? So it's a bit of a CATCH 22. 

Basically as I stated last week,  you won't strike a deal with the main creditors till an offers made .  They won't finalise an acceptable offer till an offers in place.   Then the buyer may have to adjust the offer if it isn't enough.  Basically, kirchner and anyone else interested needs to make an offer first.  My feeling is he talks a lot but hasn't made the offer that administration would deem to be acceptable to creditors. 

1 hour ago, SBW said:

Afraid you are not quite correct. Clear what the liabilities are, when did we boot Middlesbrough into touch and agree a price with the taxman. As for anyone paying them, if you were interested in buying a car, before you knew the final price would you buy new tyres for it. I think not. I found it hard to believe but I am told by someone who does know that only when they become preferred buyer do they find out the exact position with the finances. Guess it must be an estimate before that.

1 minute ago, I know nuffin said:

Afraid you are not quite correct. Clear what the liabilities are, when did we boot Middlesbrough into touch and agree a price with the taxman. As for anyone paying them, if you were interested in buying a car, before you knew the final price would you buy new tyres for it. I think not. I found it hard to believe but I am told by someone who does know that only when they become preferred buyer do they find out the exact position with the finances. Guess it must be an estimate before that.

Ps CK has shown he has the CASH available according to the administrators , they call that liquidity. CK mentioned 100 million which covers buying and running for 2 or 3 years and he had proved that

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

If they're our home grown players (ie not bought for a fee) then there isn't anything to amortise. 

Any fee will be pure profit, in both accounts and P&S calcs. 

I was thinking of knight, bird, Lawrence, the pole not the ones straight out of the acadamy. Lawrence will be the lowest but I and not sure about the rest, how they value them in the books

1 hour ago, SBW said:

Yeh, that’s my worry, if £30 million is nothing to Kitchener why is holding out for a very unlikely deal with hmrc?

1 hour ago, I know nuffin said:

I was thinking of knight, bird, Lawrence, the pole not the ones straight out of the acadamy. Lawrence will be the lowest but I and not sure about the rest, how they value them in the books

Knight and Bird are academy products, or were purchased for the academy for tiny fees. 

Lawrence has 1/5 of his purchase price still to go so what, 1m? But that will be incurred this year if we don't sell him so any fee helps. 

Joswiak has some residual value of the 3m that he was rumoured to cost. 

Shouldn’t be a big deal overall. Goes without saying we want to max out the price we can get for any of them. 

45 minutes ago, TheSlate said:

We've now had well over a year of the 'potential new owner' merry-go-round. Anyone remember the Pearce interview from this time last year saying that it will all be done by Christmas? So tired of all this...

Yes and the Tommies when signing up for WW1 were told "it would be over by Xmas" unfortunately they never said which one ?

Would love to know what is actually going on. Throughout this CK has been the only interested party being vocal and getting others to be vocal on his behalf. That doesnt mean he is our best option. I always feel bit distrustful when people try and bulldoze their way into things. He could just be incredibly keen and exactly what we need or not have as deep pockets as other parties and acting quickly is his main advantage in the process.  When was the last time we had an update on the number of interested parties? Like other posters have mentioned it feels worrying now especially the seeming lack of progress on remaining issues and updates. Trying to stay optimistic though