Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

When it says appeal will be dropped does this mean the 12 points deduction will be nullified or our adminstrators are going to withdraw the appeal

I think it probably means we are close to agreeing an overall deal with EFL over the penalties to be applied for entering admin and for FFP combined. And so by consent we would then withdraw the appeal.. meaning the total penalty for both combined will be at least 12 points.  

Puzzling wording .. genuine chance .. like we all want that ? We have a -12 deduction .. the only thing that can come out of the appeal is a reduction .. so “chance” makes it sound like it’s something we’d wish for ? 

now perhaps this means something relative to other possible deductions but either way I see nothing helpful. 

This is dodgy as duck. 

My guess is that the administrators have delayed the appeal process, based on a favourable outcome with the EFL from the FFP sanctions. I would think a successful administrative appeal would cause chaos that the EFL don’t want, considering the amount of clubs who potentially could go down the same administration route knowing a points deduction may not be imposed, so have done a deal to ease off on the FFP providing we ease off with our administration appeal.

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

This is dodgy as duck. 

My guess is that the administrators have delayed the appeal process, based on a favourable outcome with the EFL from the FFP sanctions. I would think a successful administrative appeal would cause chaos that the EFL don’t want, considering the amount of clubs who potentially could go down the same administration route knowing a points deduction may not be imposed, so have done a deal to ease off on the FFP providing we ease off with our administration appeal.

I think you are right. Except there is nothing dodgy about it. It's called a compromise.

Just had a nose on the Bristol City forum, Mr (Have a) Pop at us is not a happy bunny. If we get any kind of result with the adminstration 12 point deduction and the other deduction being less than 9 points, he will probably write a letter to Gibson at Boro. The guy must spend hours writting about us on their forum, makes me wonder if he actually gets to any Bristol games.

Sooooo....

Guessing there's a decent chance that we could get the 12 points reduced to 6 via the appeal, but if we did that the EFL would deduct us 9 points for FFP breaches leading to 15 overall.

Or we can drop the appeal over the -12 and the EFL will agree to only deducting us 3 points for FFP breaches (which is fewer than a disciplinary panel would take from us) either way it's 15 points.

Both parties are certain that under no circumstances would we get all 12 points given back to us, so adjourn the appeal for now and come to an agreement in order that the club can be sold more quickly.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

When it says appeal will be dropped does this mean the 12 points deduction will be nullified or our adminstrators are going to withdraw the appeal

It doesn’t. It says the appeal hearing has been adjourned, and “adjourned” means postponed. However it will probably be dropped if some sort of agreement is about to be reached.

2 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Sooooo....

Guessing there's a chance that we could get the 12 points reduced to 6 via the appeal, but if we did that the EFL would deduct us 9 points for FFP breaches leading to 15 overall.

Or we can drop the appeal over the -12 and the EFL will agree to only deducting us 3 points for FFP breaches, either way it's 15 points.

Both parties are certain that under no circumstances would we get all 12 points given back to us, so adjourn the netting and come to an agreement in order that the club can be sold more quickly.

And I guess we save ourselves 300 grand if the appeal process is never actually started 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The way that's worded sounds like the administrators have done a deal to cancel the administration points appeal on the understanding that we will get a lighter sanction on the other charges.

Sounds as phoney as a glass eye and a lose lose scenario for us.

I do not see anything phoney about it. Admin team need to strike a quick deal and cannot fight the FFP thing for another several months as it could delay the sales process. EFL on the other hand stand to lose big time if they lose the administration appeal, as it may seta precedent. So we do a deal. Makes sense to me.   I'm not happy about 15 points deduction as i think that is excessive but if it helps the admin team and they secure a sale I will accept it.