Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

2 minutes ago, Taribo said:

I'm so angry at that pathetic letter. None of those questions have anything to do with Gibson. 

And very similar to points raised in couhigs radio Derby interview. In fact almost like they have the same script.

And it might sound good to the average Boro fan, not very convincing to anyone of actual significant financial involvement with DCFC.

It's all well and good all parties getting their relative appendages out and waving them about.

What doesn't seem to be happening is Q tackling the issue and seeking to resolve it.  We and they can argue as much as they like about the claims, EFL not accepting PB status cos of the claims and a potential owner not wanting to purchase the club without knowing the claims are resolved or how they will be resolved, or if there will be punishment coming out of Admin.

But the EFL, Boro and Wycombe aren't budging, if anything it seems like Gibson's stubborn resolve is only getting stronger.  

The EFL mentioned 3 possible solutions of how to deal with the claim issues, why the hell aren't Q choosing the best one and getting on with it?! 

I don't care about how unfair it is, how they need to give in, how they're on the ropes from MP pressure.  None of those things solve the issue.  

Feels an awful lot like Q are sat playing a very dangerous game of poker.  Could end up very badly for DCFC.  They will waddle off into the sunset with their millions though, regardless... 

1 minute ago, SBW said:

It's all well and good all parties getting their relative appendages out and waving them about.

What doesn't seem to be happening is Q tackling the issue and seeking to resolve it.  We and they can argue as much as they like about the claims, EFL not accepting PB status cos of the claims and a potential owner not wanting to purchase the club without knowing the claims are resolved or how they will be resolved, or if there will be punishment coming out of Admin.

But the EFL, Boro and Wycombe aren't budging, if anything it seems like Gibson's stubborn resolve is only getting stronger.  

The EFL mentioned 3 possible solutions of how to deal with the claim issues, why the hell aren't Q choosing the best one and getting on with it?! 

I don't care about how unfair it is, how they need to give in, how they're on the ropes from MP pressure.  None of those things solve the issue.  

Feels an awful lot like Q are sat playing a very dangerous game of poker.  Could end up very badly for DCFC.  They will waddle off into the sunset with their millions though, regardless... 

Frustrating for sure, but we have no idea what the sports minister and HMRC are doinging behind the scenes and sadly it takes time, have every faith in the sports minister, he tweeted that he had signed the petition which he had no need to do, for me that was a sign to have confidence in him and the system, fingers and toes crossed.

There's a very illuminating quote on the Wikipedia entry that covers Middlesbrough's flirtation with liquidation in 1986 :

Clubs in less serious situations had previously used liquidation to get out of problems, but when it came to Middlesbrough's turn, the Football League showed a lack of support and Gibson claimed they wanted to “crucify a football club, and this small club in the north-east was the one they picked on.”

Short memory Steve?

For reference, Middlesbrough's crisis peaked in the close season of 1986 and the PDV's of their overall debts and tax debt were £6.2M and £350K respectively. They of course didn't suffer any points deductions or transfer embargos at any stage of their financial difficulties, nor were any other clubs suing them and blocking their takeover bids.

This is as much drive by a burning resentment of how Boro were treated by the EFL as it is his war with Mel Morris. He needs a friend to tell him it's time to let it go.

10 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Surely Gibson must have someone to advise him about what to put in his open letter. It suggests to me he isn’t quite with it at the moment. He is very good at making a rooster of himself.

Oh I think it's intentional - he raised the same points as Couhig on radio Derby the other night.

It's partly a PR war as attention focused by the question in parliament.

1 minute ago, ITSD said:

EFL Rule 104.1.4: Except with the prior written consent of the Board no Club may, either directly or indirectly have any power whatsoever to influence the financial, commercial or business affairs or the management or administration of another football club

He probably has prior written consent… from the EFL!

So Wycombe Middle Borough and EFL have got their story straight and are trying to turn it around. After the MP meetings the MPS came out and said what the problem was and it wasn’t the Admins wages, it wasn’t the ground sale and it wasn’t HMRC tax bill but guess what it was? 
You may be able to hoodwink them smoggies but you won’t fool the rest.

3 hours ago, Quagga said:

If we get funding in place for the season (Derby city Council - I'm looking at you!) then the pressure goes.
Theoretically we are even allowed to start the next season in admin (finances willing) so then we can subject the MFC and WWFC claims to the level of scrutiny and ridicule they deserve, over the next few months. And lest we forget the EFL's outdated rules on coming out of admin (which i presume is what Q was referencing with their comment on being contrary to statute)

I thought the EFL stated that clubs could not be in administration and compete for 2 successive seasons? i.e., the absolute end point needs to be before next season?