Why Do You Love Derby County?

DarkFruitsRam7

I grew up in a house where you could hear the crowd when Derby scored a goal. From 1960 on I was going to games and in the 70s watched the miracles worked by Clough and Taylor. It became ingrained despite the roller-coaster experience it delivered. Pride Park was not like the Baseball Ground, but I was getting older and liked it. Despite not winning any league there have been great days and great players, not least Wembley 2007.

Not sure what I will do if the worst happens. I (finally) quit smoking after 30 years but no longer being able to watch Derby County after 60 years will be far more of a problem.

For the glory and seeing us winning stuff………….

Born In Derby, taken to my 1st game in 85 and never looked back, nothing else comes close to DCFC in my life.

Wether he said it or not, the word from Bobby Robson are so so true COYR?

111931FD-5F38-4860-9D6F-D6F5B4FB39C5.jpeg

5 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

For the glory and seeing us winning stuff………….

Born In Derby, taken to my 1st game in 85 and never looked back, nothing else comes close to DCFC in my life.

Wether he said it or not, the word from Bobby Robson are so so true COYR?

111931FD-5F38-4860-9D6F-D6F5B4FB39C5.jpeg

That quote says it all. Not from Derby though I lived about 15 miles away for 5 years in the early 80’s. Caught the bug from a friend at school and have loved the Rams for 41 years. Scum like Morris can walk away but I never will. I will follow this club wherever they end up, even if it means finding out how to get to Bridlington Town’s ground in the Northern Whatever League. Once a Ram always a Ram.

Eddie Thomas, Gordon Hughes , Reg Mathews, Everton league cup, Clough, Taylor, 5-0 win over Tottenham, Watney Cup final v Man Utd with Law Best and Charlton, 12-0 Finn Harps, Juventus, Hector Hinton O’Hare, McFarland Todd Mackay, Champions of England, Eusebio, Benfica, Rioch George Lee, Real Madrid, champions again and the old Baseball Ground.

Why do you love Derby County?

memories mate……………..it’s all about the memories!

Edited by Old Spalding Ram