Season 21 - 22 survival bid statistics

Yani P

I've kept this table tracking against last seasons tally of 44 points as a benchmark for survival. as a reference the 4th bottom team are still tracking 7 points behind that tally even with 4 points out of 6. I think 44 wont be a million miles away at the moment. we are currently tracking 5 points short of that (39 on current tracking would still stay up), but the nearer to 44 we get the better I will be feeling! lol

targets 32.JPG

Edited by Yani P

this one tracking against 4 sections of last season (again with the aim of matching to hit 44).

We are into the gain section - if we cant beat 7 points from 15 games we are down anyway lol, 26 points from this section sees us hit 44.

The 37 safety is just a week by week live track of 44th bottoms estimated finishing number based on a comparison with last season.

4 quads 32.JPG

5 hours ago, Yani P said:

I've kept this table tracking against last seasons tally of 44 points as a benchmark for survival. as a reference the 4th bottom team are still tracking 7 points behind that tally even with 4 points out of 6. I think 44 wont be a million miles away at the moment. we are currently tracking 5 points short of that (39 on current tracking would still stay up), but the nearer to 44 we get the better I will be feeling! lol

targets 32.JPG

Technically the 44 points required from last season should be lower this season.

Last season 6 points were lost from the table with Sheff Wed's 6 point deduction.

This season 27 points will be lost from the table, our 21 together with Reading's 6. 

By how many points this makes a difference, only a mathematician could guess.

Targets aren't just based on past performances they are just using that as a baseline to see how far we are off a trend.

They well might win 3 on the trot so might we but teams who have been pretty poor all season rarely suddenly start producing promotion form.

We know we were dire for the last 15 last season do that's why although Reading are currently tracking 7 points lower I still believe the final 4th bottom number should be under 44 as things stand. Don't forget Reading only had 22 after 30 games..they would need to double that in the last 16 just to get to 44.

I also still think another team could slip into the mix, especially if we keep hitting the wins over the next few games.

Edited by Yani P

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to mention today's win means we have surpassed last seasons points total in terms of those points gained playing football and we still have 10 games left.

If you look at what the management and team have had to contend with before and during the season this is already a fantastic achievement.

I would never bet against us doing the impossible and staying up this season, it is the least our team deserves.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We only need to be 2 points better than Reading over our next 9 games

We just have to match their results, and win one when they lose. And remember that’s not going to be nice and near where we just win, and they win, and they lose and we lose.

we might lose and they win, and it’s all doom and gloom, but the next week we win and they lose, and it’s back to square one. We’ve just hit to chip away. 

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

If Reading were to win their game in hand , we will have to win 3 more games than they do.For example them 4/10 and us 7/10. What a run of form we would have to go on if they don’t fold.COYR

IF they win their game in hand. At this end of the table, games in hand ain’t worth poo.