Is the red button no more

timmo

10 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Coverage is awful anyway.

Why doesn't it include replays? It wouldn't bother me so much if the "commentators", such as they are,  didn't have them.

Agreed. It’s the standard of the old Derby reserve games of the early 90s that used to be shown on Nynex! Single camera in the stand. 

Interesting as I had the Hull game down as Red Button in my calendar which means Sky must have said it's red button at some point - went to put it on only to find no red button.  It is horrible though. Single perspective, poor quality, no replays and poor commentary. 

Is it anything to do with why there’s no commentary on the highlights, from sky or the Derby county YouTube channel. I could kind if hear someone commentating in the background on this weeks highlights, but I wondered if there was some sort of midweek rights issue. Or maybe just returning rams have drowned them out. 

On 19/08/2021 at 15:17, hintonsboots said:

The coverage reminds me of the camera work on The Golden Shot, when Bernie the bolt stepped forward and the camera focused on the target.

( One for our older members)

I remember it. One of my school mates from Buxton became the camera man. Got his name in the credits every week.

I think it was Anglia TV

Edited by Phoenix

6 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Nah, the programme was recorded in Birmingham, Anglia produced FROM NORWICH, IT’S THE QUIZ OF THE WEEK...Sale of the Century. 

He certainly worked for Anglia TV, perhaps that was later. He also worked on Tales of the Unexpected. That was definitely Anglia